Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance (129 Views)

Download Thor: Love And Thunder (2022) Full Movie Mp4 / Controversy As Movie Director Shares How Most Nollywood Stars Make It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance by creolehunt: 6:23pm On Mar 03
I've observed a worrying trend anytime I tune into or stumble upon a Nigerian movie. 95 percent of them revolves around love, romance and relationships. It's so boring and predictable
Re: Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance by NoSmoking: 6:29pm On Mar 03
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance by Westerhoffe(m): 6:57pm On Mar 03
That's why I don't watch Nollywood.
Re: Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance by Chukwuka319(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03
Because the producers and their crew are clueless in broad research and knowledge about other aspects of life.
This explains why they churn out crappy romantic films often with unrealistic themes.
In such films, you see a girl raped by a guy or gang years ago and no report was made.
Later on she meets her rapist one fateful day and he happens to be related to her fiance.
Later bla bla bla she forgives him.
What unrealistic RUBBISH!
That's why I can't compare much of the films of nowadays with the ones of the nineties and 200-11.
The movie Samadora of 1998 is a supernatural based movie about a mermaid spirit who moved into the human world to bring a husband to her Kingdom in the Sea.
There was so much reality touch to the action and scenes.
In the scene where Samadora was emerging from the sea,an underwater camera was used to film her!
Jeez! Like it's a real mermaid spirit emerging from the water depths.
Ironically "camera quality" wasn't so crisp like what we have now, and now we have improved camera quality, still many film makers cannot replicate the marvellous works of those who made movies in the nineties.
But thank God for Funke Akindele and her history making film " A tribe called Judah ' which broke a billion marks record in the Box office last year, and opened a new era in Nollywood.
Re: Why Do Most Nollywood Movies Revole Around Love And Romance by JobZoneNews(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04
Because love is a powerful force. It's just like money and sex.

It's great if the films end up with a good message. That will benefit the viewers and add good morals to them.

Our newly produced film (see link in bio), The Prostitute also have the love message but it added lots of spiritual and moral values to viewers.

(1) (Reply)

UK IPTV Services: A Comprehensive Guide / Please Can Anyone Help Me With ₦100 Airtime / Watch Godzilla X Kong 2 Downlaod [hindi-english] 480p | 720p | 1080p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.