Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos (14879 Views)

Dismissed Soldier Leads Kidnappers, Kills Five-year-old Boy After Collecting N5m / Favour Okechukwu: 5 Men Rape 11-year-old To Death In Lagos / 77-Year-Old Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous, Kills Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by personal59: 9:16am On Mar 04
NaijaGoBetter2:
There used to be a pedestrian bridge in Palm Grove (to avoid news like this) only God knows why it was removed.

Rip to the death and quick recovery for the family

Hmm

I still don't understand the motive behind this message because I don't know the bridge you are talking about that was removed

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Procashtips(m): 9:17am On Mar 04
NaijaGoBetter2:
There used to be a pedestrian bridge in Palm Grove (to avoid news like this) only God knows why it was removed.

Rip to the death and quick recovery for the family

Removed?

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by TheAlchemist: 9:19am On Mar 04
Please replay the brt bus dash camera to know whether defensive driving could have prevented this calamity.oops I forgot probably no onboard dash camera. RIP.
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by BabaO2: 9:21am On Mar 04
Their drivers are glorified irresponsible danfo drivers, unfortunately nothingis being done to tame and even train them to know where and when not to speed
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Exousiang01: 9:24am On Mar 04
The mother
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Sheuns(m): 9:26am On Mar 04
I have to believe that these crop of BRT drivers were recruited directly from danfo drivers. The ones during Ambode era were much more better and careful when driving.
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by TUANKU(m): 9:27am On Mar 04
This is just sad. The woman for carry her children climb pedestrian bridge na cry

4 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Lomprico2: 9:28am On Mar 04
Bad
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by TPound(m): 9:29am On Mar 04
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://punchng.com/brt-bus-crushes-five-year-old-to-death-in-lagos/

Somehow, the mother should be arrested for negligence... The BRT was in its lane and under no circumstance should anybody cross it... If na train, dem go arrest the driver?

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by TPound(m): 9:30am On Mar 04
Procashtips:

Removed?

Maybe he meant relocated...
Dem dey remove pedestrian bridge??

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Besuccesful: 9:32am On Mar 04
If there is a pedestrian bridge in that area and they failed to use it then we can't fully blame the driver. RIP to the dead. There is a reason for pedestrian bridge please lets use them.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by SAMBARRY: 9:34am On Mar 04
UDOKABESTLUV:
What Is Really Happening Inside This LAGOS?
recklessness of lagosians, people who themselves need therapy, character development and mental evaluation birthing and raising children, lagosians living and functioning like they're barbarians with no respect, patience or consideration for each other, mental degeneration e.g eating and pooing in the same place in public etc too long to mention
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Herbiodun09: 9:39am On Mar 04
talk2hb1:
Now it's the drivers fault, someone to blame.
The way people jump in front of buses around that corridor is disturbing, àwọn alakoba people

U dey mind these idiots wey just dey spew trash? Im certian the driver cant be at fault. The way ppl are so impatient and unattentive ehn!!! BRT lane is not a very busy corridor so she must have crossed at the very wrong time.

That mother should be arrested after treatment

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Exousiang01: 9:39am On Mar 04
[b][/b]g
BabaO2:
Their drivers are glorified irresponsible danfo drivers, unfortunately nothingis being done to tame and even train them to know where and when not to speed
And the stupid woman crossing the road with two toddlers instead of using the bridge is properly trained.
Leave emotions call a spade a spade.
The woman is at fault.
The BRTs move fast, they are supposed to move fast, what do you think the "RAPID" in BRT stands for?

4 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 9:42am On Mar 04
Sigh... What exactly was a 5-year old child doing in a BRT lane??!

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 9:43am On Mar 04
BabaO2:

Did the driver leave his BRT lane??!

This is like blaming a train driver for crushing a child trying to cross the tracks.

Learn to put things in proper perspective.

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by soil4soil(m): 9:45am On Mar 04
The pedestrian bridges is meant to be use not for decoration.

Though I pity the family and sympathy for the lose the the boy.

The mother did not show her children good example by not using the pedestrian bridge

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Kingharzyz(m): 9:53am On Mar 04
Use the pedestrian bridge they will not listen.

Rest in peace AbdulMalik your heartless mother who should know better caused your sudden death. Rest in peace little man.

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by AntiChristian: 9:56am On Mar 04
What a way to die!

May Allah unite us all in Jannah after the last day!

All of us will die one day somehow any day!

You can even have a cardiac failure now and die!
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Akagbe(m): 10:03am On Mar 04
For this Lagos
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by omoredia: 10:05am On Mar 04
This is what happens when u leave all aspect of ur safety to God and none for ur common sense

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Ategberoson(m): 10:05am On Mar 04
Foolish mother, awon gen z mom

She should have pay for her nonchalant not the little Malik

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by sanya4good(m): 10:06am On Mar 04
Lagosians are too hasty and lazy to use pedestrian bridges.

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Sensiblerealist: 10:08am On Mar 04
Any time I drive on that road, I am always extra careful cuz the way people jump in front of you to cross the road dey always amaze me. Some will even walk leisurely as if they are in a park only to add pace when almost being run over.

omniwater:
There is a pedestrian bridge at Palm grove bus stop,which the victims failed to use.

The stupid cow of a mother tried to cross the highway with two toddlers who could barely walk.

But the blame would still go to the reckless driver who failed to drive properly.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Blazadenise(m): 10:09am On Mar 04
The rate at which this brt speed in that narrow pathway called Brt lane, I don't know why lama or road safety cant put something in check to regulate there speed..
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by ignis: 10:10am On Mar 04
Something is definitely wrong.
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by olaolaking: 10:27am On Mar 04
jaxxy:
Should brt buses not have speed limits?
So which part of the article indicates excess speed
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by olaolaking: 10:28am On Mar 04
Blazadenise:
The rate at which this brt speed in that narrow pathway called Brt lane, I don't know why lama or road safety cant put something in check to regulate there speed..
They are on their designated way. If you like don't look well before you cross. Na your mama go cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by TYCO77: 10:34am On Mar 04
[color=#000099][/color]
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://punchng.com/brt-bus-crushes-five-year-old-to-death-in-lagos/

Oh, R.I.P. to the departed, but I think there is a pedestrian bridge in that area. Indeed this could have been averted.

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Nmezor(f): 10:36am On Mar 04
Really sad, may their souls rest on.Amen
Re: BRT Bus Crushes Five-Year-Old To Death In Lagos by Azazyel: 10:40am On Mar 04
omniwater:
There is a pedestrian bridge at Palm grove bus stop,which the victims failed to use.

The stupid cow of a mother tried to cross the highway with two toddlers who could barely walk.

But the blame would still go to the reckless driver who failed to drive properly.

Nigerians and this nonsense "sharp sharp" mentality. They don't want to do the right thing. They just want to apply shortcuts. I always make sure to use the pedestrian bridge no matter what. I always see people waiting to cross the expressway even when the pedestrian bridge is so close to them. I'll just be shaking my head. Nigerians love to behave like goats. When you see the behavior of people here, you'll understand why we don't have good leaders. If that woman had successfully crossed the road, her kids would learn it and keep doing the same. I learned the habit of using the pedestrian bridge from my parents and it has never left me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Journalist, 5 Other Suspected Drug Traffickers At MMIA / 56-year-old Driver Impregnates 15-year-old Girl, Abducts Her For Abortion / Two Children Kidnapped In Ogun Church During Good Friday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.