Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,035 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

I'm Overweight, Do I Need To Lose Weight To Lower My High BP? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Overweight, Do I Need To Lose Weight To Lower My High BP? (134 Views)

High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause / Overweight Chinese Man's Belly Help Him Escape Death After He Fell Into A Well / See The Amazing Transformation Of This Overweight Couple After A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Overweight, Do I Need To Lose Weight To Lower My High BP? by BPdoc: 11:59pm On Mar 03
Your weight can determine how healthy you are or will be

A person that is used to consuming fatty foods might have to deal with cardiovascular health issue later on

Why is that?

Because accumulation of too much fat and excessive cholesterol in the body can cause the accumulation of fatty deposits within the artery walls, common known as plaque

This accumulation can lead to a condition known as "atherosclerosis"

Atherosclerosis hence is one of the potential factors that causes hypertension

Because it causes hardening and narrowing of the blood vessels,

This causes resistance to blood flow hence raising blood pressure

So, is weight loss significant to reversing High BP?

Of course Yes

This will prevent the excess cholesterol from accumulating around vital organs and in the vessels

And hence prevent resistance to blood flow

But the truth is that, most Nigerians don't even know their Body Mass Index i.e BMI

It is very important to know your BMI to know

BMI= Weight (Kg)/Height (m²)

Use the formula above to calculate your BMI

After that, use the chart below to know whether your weight and height are within healthy proportion

If they are not, then you're either overweight or obese

Re: I'm Overweight, Do I Need To Lose Weight To Lower My High BP? by BPdoc: 12:00am On Mar 04
Hello everyone, my name is Dr. Debbie aka Bpdoc

I teach and mentor people with Hypertension on how to reverse and normalize their High Blood Pressure within just 90 days or less, with or without medications

I will be holding another Free One hour class this week. Venue is Whatsapp

For those interested, send a message stating "I'm Interested In The Training" to 09166584787 or click Here to secure a slot

P.S: For serious-minded people only

(1) (Reply)

HIV/AIDS - Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention / Benefits Of Walking 30 Minutes Every Day / 10 Things You Can Do To Ensure Long Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.