Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet (486 Views)

Oshiomhole: Obaseki Sacked The Only Commissioner I Nominated In His Cabinet / Peter Obi: Why Buhari Is Yet To Form His Cabinet Weeks After Swearing-in / Abba Kyari’s Daughter Secretly Appointed VP At Nigerian Sovereign Investment Aut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by dreman11: 9:02am On Mar 04
How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet

By Sadeeq Adesiyan

The governor of Osun State, Governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke, has been accused of appointing one Mr Abiodun Adegoke into the state executive council in flagrant disregard to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Adegoke, said to have been thrown out of banking more than 14 years ago, was also accused of being a fraudster who dupe people for survival.

This revelation came to fore yesterday on a popular socio-political group, Aiyeniromo, when Adegoke engaged in hot altercation with another member of the group.

According to Adegoke's challenger, "You Biodun who was an ordinary customer service desk officer at the bank who was later throw out for incompetence and fraud matter. Which work are you doing now than to sit down at home and use phone to disturb politicians for money for your children school fees, food and different lies? Tell us which work you are doing before I reveal your survival strategy to people Mr 419 former banker.

Boasting about his appointment as a cabinet member in the government of Adeleke, Adegoke said, "I write today as a cabinet member in the present government of Osun State under the able leadership of the performing governor of Osun State Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke."

He stated further, "For your information and other children of anger on this cruise channel, I was appointed into this working Government led by Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke as a cabinet member in November 2023 but will still keep you and those not too good for any Government appointment guessing/searching for what could be the portfolio."

This confirmation has stirred controversy as it appears to be in violation of the constitutional procedures for appointing cabinet members in Nigeria.

The constitution of Nigeria stipulates that no member of the cabinet, whether a Commissioner or Special Adviser, can function in office unless they are cleared by the state assembly and take the oath of office as prescribed in the Seventh Schedule of the Constitution.

It is unclear whether Adegoke has undergone these processes, raising questions about the validity of his appointment.

The appointment of Adegoke raises concerns about the adherence to due process in government appointments. It highlights the need for transparency and accountability in the selection of cabinet members to ensure that only qualified individuals are appointed in accordance with the law.

Re: How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by crossfm: 9:37am On Mar 04
Hehehe.

APC should let Adeleke be,they should go and prepare for next election.
Re: How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by christejames(m): 9:38am On Mar 04
Just like Tinubu who appointed lots of questionable characters in his govt? undecided undecided

Leave Adeleke alone Ojare!
Re: How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by Idealplusgist(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12
*Adejumo apologizes to Apesin Abiodun Adegoke*

Mr.Adejumo Jamiu has apologized to Hon. Apesin Adegoke Abiodun and asked for forgiveness for his contentious statements on a socio-political WhatsApp platform "Ayeniromo" which was published on March 04 and by an unknown blogger on the Nairaland platform which has generated a lot of controversy.

Recall that on March 04, 2024 news was published on Nairaland by one unknown blogger against Apesin Adegoke Abiodun which has stirred controversy.

Adejumo in an apology statement made available to the newsmen in Osogbo, the state capital.

According to him, "I write this to apologize to Hon. Apesin Abiodun Adegoke on the argument we had some time last month where I called him names, that later one unknown blogger published the news on Nairaland based on our argument on this platform. I'm so sorry for whatever damages the news might have caused him as all that I said is not a true reflection of him".

He speaks further that he regretted his action on the statement he made on the platform.

dreman11:

By Sadeeq Adesiyan

The governor of Osun State, Governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke, has been accused of appointing one Mr Abiodun Adegoke into the state executive council in flagrant disregard to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Adegoke, said to have been thrown out of banking more than 14 years ago, was also accused of being a fraudster who dupe people for survival.

This revelation came to fore yesterday on a popular socio-political group, Aiyeniromo, when Adegoke engaged in hot altercation with another member of the group.

According to Adegoke's challenger, "You Biodun who was an ordinary customer service desk officer at the bank who was later throw out for incompetence and fraud matter. Which work are you doing now than to sit down at home and use phone to disturb politicians for money for your children school fees, food and different lies? Tell us which work you are doing before I reveal your survival strategy to people Mr 419 former banker.

Boasting about his appointment as a cabinet member in the government of Adeleke, Adegoke said, "I write today as a cabinet member in the present government of Osun State under the able leadership of the performing governor of Osun State Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke."

He stated further, "For your information and other children of anger on this cruise channel, I was appointed into this working Government led by Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke as a cabinet member in November 2023 but will still keep you and those not too good for any Government appointment guessing/searching for what could be the portfolio."

This confirmation has stirred controversy as it appears to be in violation of the constitutional procedures for appointing cabinet members in Nigeria.

The constitution of Nigeria stipulates that no member of the cabinet, whether a Commissioner or Special Adviser, can function in office unless they are cleared by the state assembly and take the oath of office as prescribed in the Seventh Schedule of the Constitution.

It is unclear whether Adegoke has undergone these processes, raising questions about the validity of his appointment.

The appointment of Adegoke raises concerns about the adherence to due process in government appointments. It highlights the need for transparency and accountability in the selection of cabinet members to ensure that only qualified individuals are appointed in accordance with the law.

Re: How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by BondRiv: 1:55pm On Apr 12
You expect too much from a dancing governor.
Re: How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by ivolt: 2:15pm On Apr 12
I hope you have evidence for your claims.
I don't want to hear nonsense noise about witch hunting or begging for forgiveness when sued for damages.
Re: How Gov. Adeleke Secretly Appointed "419ner" Into His Cabinet by Idealplusgist(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12
https://www.newsmask.com.ng/2024/04/adejumo-apologises-to-apesin-abiodun.html

dreman11:

By Sadeeq Adesiyan

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Rotation Bill: Fulani Ogun Igbo Ijaw Had Their Turns Already / Accounting/accountancy Students Admitted Into Nigerian Universities 2022 / Nigerians Are Tired Of Pdp, Says Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.