Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,923 members, 7,810,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC (9697 Views)

Edo: I Will Not Support What’s Not Fair, Just – Obaseki On Deputy’s Ambition / Edo: I Can’t Escape Blame For APC Loss – Buhari / "If PMB Likes Let Him Impregnate My Wife, Call Ondo 'Edo', I Will Vote For Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Nemere2020: 7:05pm On Mar 04
The crisis that erupted after the governorship primary election of the All Progressives Congress in Edo State may not be over as one of the aspirants, Dennis Idahosa, has written to the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mahmood Yakubu, not to accept any other name as the candidate of the party apart from him, claiming that he won the primary election.

The crisis started when the first primary was conducted on February 17, as it produced three winners.

The Chairman of the Electoral Committee of the primary, Governor Hope Uzodimma, announced Idahosa as the winner, while the returning officer, Stanley Ugboaja, declared Monday Okpebholo as the winner.

Also, Ojo Babatunde, who claimed to be representing the returning officers in all the local governments, declared Anamero Dekeri as the winner of the election.

With the confusion, the National Working Committee of the party ordered a rerun on February 22, under the chairmanship of Governor Bassey Otu of Cross River State, who replaced Uzodimma as the head of the electoral committee.

After the exercise, Okpebholo was declared the winner with 12,433 votes to defeat Idahosa, who polled 6,541.

In a letter dated March 4, 2024, written by Wole Olanipekun (SAN), marked WOC/ABJ/VOL.01/074/2024 and addressed to the Chairman of INEC, Yakubu, Idahosa said a legal action with Suit No.FHC/ABJ/CS/274/2024 between himself vs Sen. Monday Okpebholo, the APC and the INEC has been instituted where he is claiming the candidacy of the party and urged INEC to take cognisance of the suit.

In the suit, Idahosa said that he won the February 17, 2024 exercise monitored by the INEC where he was declared the winner and that there was no basis for the supplementary election ordered by the leadership of the party as no reason was given for the decision.

He also argued that February 22 was not a standalone election but a continuation of the February 17 exercise and so the results of the 17th exercise cannot be jettisoned.

He said, “The record of INEC/the commission will show that, under your leadership, the commission monitored the Edo State APC primary election for the nomination of the governorship candidate of the APC under the prior notification that the primary election will specifically hold on 17th February 2024.

“The primary election was indeed held, and our client garnered 40,453 votes (a copy of the result certified by INEC is attached herein as Annexure 1). INEC’s report of monitoring the election confirms that, at the end of the process, our client was returned as the duly elected candidate of the APC (a copy of the INEC report as certified by the commission is attached as Annexure 2).

“The APC primary election committee that conducted the election also confirmed that our client won the election as evidenced by a report signed by all members of the committee (without a single instance of dissent).

“Our client is aware that the APC subsequently confirmed to INEC that the primary election was held as scheduled on 17th February 2024; however, without giving any reason, indicated that the election was inconclusive and will be completed on 22nd February 2024 and invited INEC to monitor the completion exercise.

“At the end and in respect of the completion exercise, Sen. Monday Okpebholo was said to have scored 12, 433 votes whilst our client was allocated 6,541 votes. Sen. Monday Okpebholo scored 100 votes at the primary election of 17th February 2024 (a copy of the result sheet from the completed primary election on 22nd February 2024 certified by INEC is attached as Annexure 3).

“Our client disagrees that the primary election of 17th February 2024 was inconclusive or that there was any basis to schedule what was described as a completion of the process. Suit No. FHC/ABJ/CS/ 274/2024 has been instituted to ventilate that challenge.

“As things stand, INEC is in custody of two results for the APC primary election for the 2024 Governorship election in Edo State (one dated 17th February 2024, and the other dated 23rd February 2024). The summation of the votes in both results demonstrates clearly that our client won the primary election even if his votes from the 17th February 2024 results are the only ones reckoned with.

“Put differently, an addition of the votes of all the other aspirants from both results will neither match nor supersede our client’s votes from 17th February 2024. At best (assuming it is valid), the completion primary election of 22nd February 2024 was a supplementary election.

“Fortunately, the commission under your leadership has had cause to conduct supplementary elections including the 2018 governorship election in Osun State where a winner was declared by INEC upon a summation of the votes from the main and supplementary election.”

https://punchng.com/idahosa-writes-inec-demands-commissions-recognition-as-edo-apc-candidate/?fbclid=IwAR2nlHujlr_A8uZAE0ahKXOVbUnnOZIhqwi8ySPEj0FAm_3YkyRmPFnpRGY

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by danijesus(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04
APC is evil

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by slaawomirr: 9:20pm On Mar 04
Damnnn niggar

Apc is dead in Edo state

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Wasky101: 9:21pm On Mar 04
The game is the game
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by ATLANTIC01: 9:21pm On Mar 04
Nice faction
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:21pm On Mar 04
They should fight to scatter. APC is a nemesis to this country

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by laconicezone(m): 9:22pm On Mar 04
It's a family affair, not my business

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Caspry5: 9:22pm On Mar 04
Politics na business na why these people wan die put
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Forest122: 9:22pm On Mar 04
shut up
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by clockwisereport: 9:22pm On Mar 04
Oshopikin's boy boy
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 9:23pm On Mar 04
Any small noise at home, your sleep is disturbed but in church, you sleep in front of 7 loud speakers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by PheelzAlmighty: 9:23pm On Mar 04
Nigerian politics has to be the most shameful and dirtiest there is..

APC and her zombie supporters are a case study

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by OddsDefier: 9:23pm On Mar 04
Continue sir
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by rapheal5(m): 9:23pm On Mar 04
Ok
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Obyangel: 9:25pm On Mar 04
Anything to destabilize APC in Edo state is very much welcome, APC remain Nigeria nightmare

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Anguldi(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04
Too much Wahala for who get and double wahala for who no get tongue
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by appini: 9:28pm On Mar 04
Edo is going to be a free ride for the PDP candidate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04
Foolishness

32 Likes

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Didi2d(m): 9:32pm On Mar 04
PDP two factions,
APC two factions

They should just allow us have another dancing governor in person of the Labour party candidate.

The guy dey dance well, abeg!

As I see the video today, I just dey smile

2 Likes

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Coronavirus1: 9:34pm On Mar 04
The guy has a valid case he might win or Apc will have no candidate
Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Goodvibes007: 9:34pm On Mar 04
APC sit this one out in Edo. PDP is winning.

The election result.
PDP - 1st
APC - 2nd
LP - 3rd.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by Goodvibes007: 9:35pm On Mar 04
appini:
Edo is going to be a free ride for the PDP candidate.
100%.
The game Obidient played in Enugu is what is exactly happening in Edo. In Enugu, Enugu Obidients pitched their tents with Peter Mbah.

The Obidients are divided as well in Edo State just like in Enugu. Edo Obidients are on the side of Asue Ighodalo/Omosede Igbenedion.

Olumide has some baggages which is not sitting well with Edo people:

- His name first and last name is a issue to many Edo
locals. Alot are claiming he is yoruba.

- He is from the same LG and ward as Obaseki (the current governor). People are saying Akpata and Obaseki are even distance relations.

- Edo people are claiming rotation, and that it is the turn of Esan people of Edo Central. Asue Ighodalo is from Edo central. APC even stepped down Prof Ize Iyamu because of equity and fairness.

- Olumide Akpata is the least qualified candidate in terms of qualifications.

Edo Obidients are now saying NO to: LP Top to Bottom. They are pointing accusing fingers at Peter Obi on a past video where he said Obidients should vote for candidate over party..

They also mentioned how Peter Obi begged Wike to win the presidency in Rivers, but said Wike can take the gurbanitorial.

APC is out of the equation, but may carry 2nd even. As Edo Obidients are even saying their 2nd choice is the APC Candidate from Edo Central.

14 Likes

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by NaMe4: 9:37pm On Mar 04
See this one.

As Uzo come Edo announce nonsense, this one come take the joke seriously.

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 9:37pm On Mar 04
undecided

HeardAkpata performed well as NBA President. If true, will vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by NaMe4: 9:39pm On Mar 04
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by oluwatomiwa(m): 9:40pm On Mar 04
Himself and Shuaibu are on the whatsapp group

So pe o ti looooo

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by AllTheWayUp: 9:44pm On Mar 04
Oshiomole and Idahosa are fighting back.
Oshiomhole camp vs Ize Iyamu and Edo APC chairman Jarrett Tenebe camp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by AllTheWayUp: 9:51pm On Mar 04
Coronavirus1:

The guy has a valid case he might win or Apc will have no candidate
Idahosa and Adam Oshiomhole's camp have a more valid case than Philip Shaibu of the PDP based on the way their respective primaries were conducted.
On what grounds will APC prove to the courts was the reason for voiding and nullifying Idahosa Victory at the first APC Governorship Primary and also changing the APC delegate list in less than 1 week.

As for Shaibu, he is wasting his time, the elected Edo State PDP delegates for the PDP primaries were at Sam Ogbemudia stadium to vote Asue Ighodalo, how will Philip Shaibu explain to the courts who conducted and voted for him in his self Sponsored Primary in his village.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:52pm On Mar 04
God forbid anything APC in any part of Nigeria!

😡

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate - Idahosa Writes INEC by tnerro1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 04
Probably friends with Philip

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. / 2023: Northern Elders, ACF, Against Nnamdi Kanu's Release - Ohaneze / 2023: Osinbajo Will Communicate Stance Officially Soon — Laolu Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.