Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist (11168 Views)

Woman Diagnosed With 'abdominal Tumor' Gives Birth To Twins / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Lady Diagnosed With Cancer At 23 And Had Her Eggs Frozen, Shares Her Story. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by iLegendd(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05
They are always online forming Wizkid FC or other celebrities FC and abusing people left and right while the other fellow Gen-Z are busy on drugs and flaunting cars gotten through fraud, so the FC that haven't made it become depressed when the show is over.

All the FC and abuse is just to preoccupy their minds with drama to avoid being lonely and overthinking from all the oppression they're facing on social media.

Their solace is drugs, abusing people online, sex, and betting. When they carry infection with no money to treat themselves, they begin to get upset at everyone because they feel entitled to everyone's money online and offline.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Faposky95: 12:48pm On Mar 05
I take responsibility as the generation ahead of this one.....
This generation ought to be the expression of our dreams and aspirations come true...rather, due to our myopia and lack of critical honour which we never agree we lack, we denigrated and found our lesser selfs in these young ones.
The challenges in our world and especially in a country like Nigeria is one I would have never ascribed to if I was to be made into this generation compared to mine.....

After all said and done

Hang in there ...
You are the beautiful ones then yet unborn....
God will see y'all through.
Help is on the way.....
Like Johnny...keep walking

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Riskymarvelous(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05
Weed and hard drug no too mulch
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Dougad: 12:53pm On Mar 05
The way the situation be for this country, even newborn baby sef go still get depression
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by GodHimself: 12:53pm On Mar 05
Predominantly the fruit of embracing Western Values. Coupled with emotionally unintelligent parenting.

press9jatv:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/28/more-nigerian-teenagers-diagnosed-depression-other-mental-health-problems-says-yaba
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by yarimo(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05
99.9% of them must be Obidients undecided undecided very unfortunate undecided
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by qtx(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05
press9jatv:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/28/more-nigerian-teenagers-diagnosed-depression-other-mental-health-problems-says-yaba
The answer is not far-fetched. The cause is " Social Media " and it is not only in Nigeria its a growing trend the world over.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Dougad: 12:54pm On Mar 05
Faposky95:
This generation ought to be the expression of our dreams and aspirations come true...rather, due to our myopia and lack of critical honour which we never agree we lack, we denigrated and found our lesser selfs in these young ones.
The challenges in our world and especially in a country like Nigeria is one I would have never ascribed to if I was to be made into this generation compared to mine.....

After all said and done

Hang in there ...
Help is on the way.....

From your moniker, you were born in 95. Your first election was in 2015. How are you to blame?
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Acidosis(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05
It will only get worse. The world is evolving. Too many things contending for our time and attention.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by omoredia: 1:00pm On Mar 05
Na binance cause am
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by lebron7(m): 1:06pm On Mar 05
naija4life247:
Na Instagram and Facebook dey cause am
Mumu
Read!
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by press9jatv: 1:06pm On Mar 05
qtx:

The answer is not far-fetched. The cause is " Social Media " and it is not only in Nigeria its a growing trend the world over.
this same social media helps in some areas
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Calitoscassius(m): 1:07pm On Mar 05
I am not surprised, is anyone surprised? %85 of Naigeerians are mentally ill without even knowing. The remaining %15 are corrupt thieving politicians .
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by press9jatv: 1:07pm On Mar 05
GodHimself:
Predominantly the fruit of embracing Western Values. Coupled with emotionally unintelligent parenting.

hmm very deep

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Sweetvie: 1:14pm On Mar 05
Eweyyy lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:21pm On Mar 05
Because of APC
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by LordIsaac(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05
Faposky95:

After all said and done

Hang in there ...
Help is on the way.....
By relegating discipline, especially with koboko…and allowing Westernisation!
Ban TikTok, Ban Instagram, Regulate Facebook…enforce love for books…and sense will gradually start returning. This Gen Z has no regard for anything that remotely looks like order and morality.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by GhostWisperer: 1:23pm On Mar 05
Social media and drugs are the greatest evil in this day and age.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Adewale1603(m): 1:25pm On Mar 05
Drugs, depression, withdrawal syndromes
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05
Where is childoofdoom
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Adewale1603(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05
Dougad:
The way the situation be for this country, even newborn baby sef go still get depression
baby don get depression already from the mother's womb even before being born. If the mother could not afford to eat better food and nutrition that would give her the necessary nutrients and proteins good for her and the baby due to the economic hardship and increased in cost of things, it surely affect the baby in her womb
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by qtx(m): 1:35pm On Mar 05
press9jatv:
this same social media helps in some areas
Nothing is totally bad, so it now depends on which side you are benefiting from and which outweighs it, which will either make you keep or discard it.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by press9jatv: 1:36pm On Mar 05
qtx:

Nothing is totally bad, so it now depends on which side you are benefiting from and which outweighs it, which will either make you keep or discard it.
yes you are right
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by blaise26abj(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05
Is it not Gen Z again ? Very funny generation . I hope they will grow up to be different . There are Few sensible ones among them and those ones are exceptional . The rest are mentally retarded .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by qtx(m): 1:38pm On Mar 05
press9jatv:
yes you are right
But no matter how good a thing is, common sense should let us know that whatever threatens your being is not worthy of sticking, despite the advantages. Do you know what it means for someone to lose it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:57pm On Mar 05
Joy2dworldxyz:
All these are due to the severe hardship.
Why won't people be depressed??

Thank God that at least I have at least a square meal per day. It's not easy at all.

Pls, of u wish to make some cash from football games, my daily 2 odds day play...and my signature below is down u can reach me
No ooo

It is due to idleness
They are not productively engaged
When they should be in school, they are seen intead roaming about begging or constituting nuisance to the society.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Confirm4real(m): 2:13pm On Mar 05
What do you expect when leaders fail undecided
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by papyjaypaul: 2:22pm On Mar 05
I can confidently say this is the effect of social media.
When we were fantasizing too much back then, NEPA will take light to bring us back to normal. No much generators like you have today and it was rare to see devices with 4+ hrs power.

Social media is good but it can make you think your life is not as good as what you are seeing outside. We were able to bring our minds back to our environment. Now, it's just the press of a button and your avatar is playing in Japan.
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Nolevel666: 2:22pm On Mar 05
anungangampu:
Internet adhd/bipolar is real. Take them to rehab for just 1 week. Give then bible recitation to do and watch them heal

The same bible and qoran and torah that are tearing the world apart as we speak

Mumu
Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by Lomprico2: 2:32pm On Mar 05
Na iPhone (for the girls) and Benz (for the boys) dey cause am. Get rich quick syndrome have taken over our youths.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by TheTravelingOne(f): 2:32pm On Mar 05
It’s probably 50% social media. Teens don’t grasp that it’s all fake life, so comparing themselves leads to depression.
The other 59% is Nigeria and it’s many stresses

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Teenagers Diagnosed With Depression, Mental Problems - Yaba Psychologist by TheTravelingOne(f): 2:34pm On Mar 05
100% agree. A useless lazy generation. The females are even way worse than the males.
Between hook ups & colos, there’s no hope.

blaise26abj:
Is it not Gen Z again ? Very funny generation . I hope they will grow up to be different . There are Few sensible ones among them and those ones are exceptional . The rest are mentally retarded .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Panic Attacks : All You Need To Know / Reps Committee Calls For Overhauling Of NHIS, NAFDAC / What Can I Use To Restore My Menses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.