Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance (35528 Views)

Why Naira(ngn) Is Appreciating / Receive Usd, Eur, Gbp And Payoneer Funds To Naira (ngn) !! @ Best Rate ≈» / The Secret Revealed: 1 NGN Can Equate 1 USD If Nigerian Government Can Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Xenry: 12:36pm On Mar 05
Binance has announced that it will delist NGN from It's platform on 2024-03-07.

How will this affect Naira/Dollar movement?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Nbotee(m): 12:38pm On Mar 05
The govt went after Abokifx last 2 years for being responsible for the naira free fall. How did that move affect the naira

142 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by SenecaTheYonger: 12:44pm On Mar 05
Outrageous

166 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Blacklion3: 12:47pm On Mar 05
Crypto is being used to move funds with less scrutiny. You can't know better than the CBN when it comes to tracking their own money.
Money leaves a trail

129 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by spinna: 12:48pm On Mar 05
Only in Nigeria once people see something good they rush in .. and they proceed to spoil it by cheating the system..

Eg dubai..

E.g binance

So how do the innocent ones who work hard in the freelance market to earn REAL usdt now change it to naira?

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by fnep2smooth(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05
more opportunity for small small anonymous start-up , more multi million dollars is about to be made in a low key way ooooo.

This will give raise to advance idea to beat the system.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by tonicyril: 12:48pm On Mar 05
Ok

Nigerians that I know will see good things with favorable deals for everyone and try to key in, that is not the problem here...

When they key in then dey will be looking for a loopholes to rip the system,
When the system is ripped to their own advantages then dey term themselves ogboon, streetwise, badoo and all, they don't want to know if its at the detriment of others(govt, individual or private bodies)

But when the system try to release itself from their shackles and tins start bouncing to the opposite they will start blaming government, labelling them and calling them names, now they will be finding numerous excuse just to justify their action...

Very anyhow people...shior

To even tink further, their so called saner climes are not even allowing the binance on their soils, u want ur country to emulate the saner climes but still don't want it to do like the saner climes....awon ode

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Starboytwo(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05
I hope this does not affect bag owners. embarassed
Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by VeryWickedMan: 12:49pm On Mar 05
I don tell you, check SHG.
I'm trading as I'm typing.

4 Likes

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by W0t0w0toman: 12:49pm On Mar 05
Good.
Lazy Nigerian youths should go and get a proper work

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Yourprick: 12:50pm On Mar 05
Lol People have started selling off , let's see how it goes

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by AfroBeatDiary: 12:50pm On Mar 05
Not a bad attempt to save naira,now let's tackle inflation!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Faiththatworks(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
I feel very very very sad about this news. I don't understand why the Government is forcing binance to delist the naira from the exchange.
It's a very very very bad idea,I have repeatedly said it on Nairaland that Government should regulate the activities of binance,but I totally disagree with removing the naira on the platform.
Although some people may disagree but sincerely the naira has been a bit stable in the last 2 weeks since Government forced binance to stop allowing the naira to trade on the exchange.
I was very critical of the modus operandi of binance and how it kept speculating on the value of the naira,If not for Government intervention,I'm sure the Naira would have been more than 2000 naira on the exchange.
Now to how it will affect Nigerians,the CBN governor himself said 26 billion dollars was traded through binance last year,that's a very huge and staggering figure,I dare say it's just a little less than the annual budget of Nigeria,in essence binance is almost becoming a country in its own.
The money traded on binance is almost equal to our foreign reserve,no industry in Nigeria can compete for dollar demand like that traded in Binance.
Government must understand the crypto market with players like binance are helping Nigerians in meeting up some of its dollar need,and stopping the use of the naira on binance will lead to the downward spiral of the naira.
Let us assume the 26 billion dollar traded on binance is true,I believe half must be demand from genuine people who want to maybe send or receive money.
Government must understand this demand for crypto can't be wished away,if these people decide to source for their usd in the forex market,the CBN will never be able to meet up with the supply,and I'm sure even Mr Cardoso knows this.
Nigeria doesn't have any Dollars right now to be used in meeting demand from crypto buyers.
I advise Mr Cardoso to have a rethink,this is a policy somersault from his office,early this year he liberalised the use of crypto trading in Nigeria,now he's reversing the policy.
I appeal to the Minister of Digital Economy,the NSA, Minister of Finance and the Minister of Youth Affairs have a round table on how to regulate the use of Crypto exchanges in Nigeria.
This policy will Affect mostly young Nigerians,pls don't make it harder on them.
God bless Nigeria

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by verybadmouth(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
All the yahoo boys in my status will rest small. 🤣🤣

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by yang(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
Olodo government

So to float FX they ban the trading venue not under government control

Tell me how price discovery occurs

You print NGN 30 Trillion out of think air and act surprised when people point out that naira should be trading at NGN7000 per USD on a money supply/ trade weighted basis

How can a porfolio investor trust to bring capital to such a country who insists on monopolizing FX supply

You can see the likes of Nestle, Dangote, BUA, MTN declaring massive FX losses

The next step is the massive retrenchments that usually follow such cost of finance losses, the Human resources are always used to pay for finance losses

when will this zoo government ever learn

With a big thief as President i'm not surprised

I am moving up my price target on NGN to 7000 in the next 18 months

Check my post i called USD/NGN at 2000 back when it was at 460

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by sofeo(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
Ok.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Felabrity: 12:50pm On Mar 05
Hope it will return dollar to 200 naira

Uselèss government, like Nigeria is the only country using binance

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Chicagograduate(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
What is our benefit from binance and crypto?

4 Likes

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by SoNature(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05
Apparently, Nigerians are overestimating themselves. We think that without us these foreign companies cannot run. This is a similar drama that played out between Buhari and Twitter.

The most SENSELESS argument made by a Nigerian is that Nigerians use more expensive things than these foreigners. I don't know who is telling us this nonsense!

33 Likes

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Balkan(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05
ok
Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Nigeriakan: 12:51pm On Mar 05
Nigerians, always using ambitious greed to spoil things.

I hope everyone can now rest, mbok

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by adioolayi(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05
Oya ...carry go..

Make the government see road...

Maybe after Binance...dem fit touch light indigenous banks

2 Likes

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by seanwilliam(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05
And people will start chasing the scarce dollars on other exchanges.
Consequently shooting up the price again .
Bro Tinubu , why are you this dull?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by handsomeyinka(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05
Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Faposky95: 12:51pm On Mar 05
Blacklion3:
Crypto is being used to move funds with less scrutiny. You can't know better than the CBN when it comes to tracking their own money.o
Money leaves a trail

Keep us informed
Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Antipob777(f): 12:51pm On Mar 05
Peter Obi will soon react onthis. We are waiting patiently

9 Likes

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Offpoint1: 12:51pm On Mar 05
Already found a away to by-pass that...

Don't ask me how please...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by tenpipsperday: 12:51pm On Mar 05
W0t0w0toman:
Good.
Lazy Nigerian youths should go and get a proper work

Outdated mofo spotted

10 Likes

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by ifeelgood: 12:51pm On Mar 05
Hmmm, hope the dollar will go back to #700

1 Like

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Dwightventures(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05
Nigeria's problem is not economics or politics or colonialism. Nigeria's problem is morality. The heart of the Nigerian is evil and the only thing worse than that is he doesn't even know it. Evil is his default state

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Amigoss: 12:52pm On Mar 05
grin
Re: The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance by Heroesworths(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05
Smiles, Anything ti help the Naira grow is welcomed.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Set To Rise Further This Week / Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions / List Of Top Oil Producing Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.