Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights (18485 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Akwa Ibom Government Acquires Two New Aircraft For Ibom Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Islie: 4:15pm On Mar 05
A Norwegian low-cost airline called Norse Atlantic will provide crew and aircraft to Air Peace for its Lagos-London operations.

Norse Atlantic will link Lagos to London – an unusual service for the Nigerian airline, which usually flies from Europe to the United States and the Caribbean.

On February 20, 2024, Air Peace, Nigeria’s flag carrier, announced that it would commence direct flight operations from Lagos to Gatwick airport in London, from March 30, 2024.

According to a Skift report, Norse will operate as a charter as an ‘ACMI’ contract.

ACMI stands for aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance.

An ACIM contract also known as wet or damp leasing, is an agreement between two airlines, where the lessor agrees to provide an aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance (ACMI) to the lessee – in return for payment on the number of block hours operated.

Norse will also provide maintenance and insurance to Air Peace

The move has been described by Norse as marking “the beginning of a strategic partnership” between the two companies.

Aside from Air Peace, Norse has entered into various sub-leasing deals, including with Spanish operator, Air Europa, to better leverage its assets.

The carrier signed a long-term aircraft leasing contract on very favourable terms during the peak of the pandemic.

Norse said its low-cost base allows the company to be more nimble and park planes during quieter periods.

Also, Norse recently trimmed back its flying program, with cuts to some transatlantic destinations and a renewed focus on core markets such as New York and Florida.

However, the Lagos-London link will mark Air Peace’s first foray into the European market, as the airline currently flies within Africa as well as select routes to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), China, and India.

Although Norse is already a major operator at Gatwick, it will be using new slots allocated to Air Peace for the route.

The development will put the Nigerian carrier in competition with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, which already operate from London Heathrow to Lagos.

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-norwegian-airline-to-provide-crew-aircraft-for-air-peaces-lagos-london-flights/amp?/revealed-norwegian-airline-to-provide-crew-aircraft-for-air-peaces-lagos-london-flights

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by proff010: 4:19pm On Mar 05
Better experience matters.

16 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Fcwilly: 4:33pm On Mar 05
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Digiwiz: 4:33pm On Mar 05
Good one,

this money eh, it's open to everyone oh. Na just the head and mind to grab it. But ones you have get hold of it a little, if you're wise... You will just be expanding.

For anyone interested in earning money online as a CPA marketer, go to Facebook, search "Digiwiz" You should look for the page, get the CPA training videos in there. Learn a d implement the strategies. You will start making nothing less than $1k weekly. Guaranteed.

CPA marketing is just helping international businesses and companies to generate leads, without selling anything.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Gbadugbakun(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05
Useless Buhari couldn't partner with Ethiopian Airlines to run Air Nigeria. The company was looted even before it started. Nigeria is a joke undecided

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Anthony0094(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05
where is AIR NIGERIA?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by bestman09(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05
sad
What do i know but there name will not be on the aircraft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by PriNceNova(m): 4:35pm On Mar 05
Ok

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by ezechi24(m): 4:35pm On Mar 05
IGBO AMAKA.... THE DAY IGBO GO RUN THIS COUNTRY,THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THINGS CHANGE, WHO NO LIKE AM MAKE HE GO JUMP FOR LAGOON.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by wunmi590(m): 4:35pm On Mar 05

Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by AngelicBeing: 4:36pm On Mar 05
grin

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 05
Nice

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by christejames(m): 4:36pm On Mar 05
Congratulations Air Peace ✌️

Even though I no too understand this arrangement shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by PriNceNova(m): 4:36pm On Mar 05
LoveOfNature:
Hi, my name is Gabriel a 31 years old father of two from Kogi state, I'm a barber.my shop was forcefully accessed on the night of 27th Feb my generator, clipper and other valuable gone, I reported to local vigilantee and police and have to pay mobilisation money for them to use and go after the suspects and I was told after a week that they have no lead,not been able to work this past days has already dealt me a blow am really depressed being the bread winner of my family and having 4 mouths to feed, I nearly ran mad yesterday thinking of what to do and how to be able to put food on my kids table, I don't think I can go another week like this because that barbershop is all I have... I'm reaching out to ask if you can help me with a generator and a clipper,I believe your support could make a significant difference and save the life of my little girls because at this moment I only care about them and they are the only thing that keeps me going,I seen and passed through a lot even before I saved up and open a barbershop.thank you in anticipation.

It's well, may God see u through

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by ERockson: 4:36pm On Mar 05
Nice development.

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by PheelzAlmighty: 4:37pm On Mar 05
At what cost... Nothing is free!!!

3 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Blackfire(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05
Igbo people always behaving they know or are better at get things done more than others

angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Bullfallo(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05
Na see finish be this one oh.

You mean the British cannot trust Nigeria crew and plane?

This doesn’t make any sense and financial wise or gain to Nigeria

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by CooldipoMPS: 4:38pm On Mar 05

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by IceLip: 4:38pm On Mar 05
The kind funds way go go down go loud Nigeria debts and even the ....... 🤐🤐

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by GboyegaD(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05
Good moves by Air Peace. Very strategic and effective one at that.

We need more strategic moves as this to boost competition and aid efficient pricing.

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by StOla: 4:39pm On Mar 05
Patch Patch arrangement showing a lack of capacity to deliver on their own.

Just like all those rubbish international arrangements with the national carrier that many criticised.

DeLaRue:
Translation:

Norwegian airline is running the Lagos - London route angry

They will even provide the crew. Chai

Airpeace sellout?

This guy gets the story.

A big shame, nothing to congratulate.

So after all the noise demanding for juicy flight routes, they seriously lack the capacity to deliver.

A Norwegian low cost airline for that matter.

Big shame to Air Peace.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by LagosFirstSon: 4:39pm On Mar 05
Nice one
Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by StOla: 4:39pm On Mar 05
christejames:
Congratulations Air Peace ✌️

Even though I no too understand this arrangement shocked

It is obvious.

Na patch patch arrangement.

4 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Aile(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05
Go and ask your Grand father
Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by StOla: 4:40pm On Mar 05
Nikoli:
Air peace is setting the pace

Setting the pace with borrowed crew and planes?

Did you ever say the same with all the failed National Airline experiment with other established Airlines that were to pose as our National Carrier?

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Slytiger: 4:40pm On Mar 05
Good.
Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by santopelele(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05
Assuming Nigeria is a country that is working, a non tribalist country, they would have adopted Air Peace as a national airline, but tribalism and nepotism wont let them do so

6 Likes

Re: Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights by Sticooooooo(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05
Air peace is making a difference irrespective of the current backwardness as a nation.

Go air peace and make us proud 👏 🥲 🥰

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Suspends 100 Passports Of Passengers Who Refused Post-Arrival COVID-19 Test / Eid-el-fitr: Lagos To Osogbo Free Train: Departure Time, Location, Other Detai / Students Returning From School Involved In Accident In Enugu,Many Injured(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.