Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,337 members, 7,829,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Archicad Vs Autocad - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Archicad Vs Autocad (5322 Views)

Revit Architecture / Autocad 2d & 3d / Archicad Training / I Need Who Can Teach Archicad And Autocad 3d Very Well / Autocad . Archicad . 3d Home Architect Training At Ochcon Cad School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archicad Vs Autocad by Sirpc(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
Greetings to u all, i wanted to under go training on AutoCad but a friend told me that ArchiCad is better than Autocad. Now i don't know the one to learn. Is it Autocad or Archicad? Please i need to know the one that is better i.e the one to go for. Thanks as you contribute.
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by Sirpc(m): 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2011
Still ,
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by GAR3TH(m): 2:13am On Nov 14, 2011
I don't think that this is the right section for this topic but to answer your question it depends on what you are going to do. If your looking to work on your own then I will recommend that you choose what is comfortable. But if you want to work for a business i recommend you learn autocad. Almost every architectural and engineering office uses autocad, Its become the standard.
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:34am On Nov 14, 2011
Besides i've seen this topic somwhete else
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by yamakuza: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2011
^ Ya. Me too!
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by Fidelo726: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2011
IMO, archiCAD is for architects while autoCAD is for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by agitator: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2011
Fidelo726:

IMO, archiCAD is for architects while autoCAD is for everybody.

thread starter this answers your question. If you are an architect and your want to specialize on architectural drawings go for ArchiCAD which is specifically program for buildings, although the programmers are trying to expand it's uses, but AutoCAD is for all engineering disciplines.
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by ayuzee(m): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
autocard is the best
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by visitor30(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
ayuzee:

autocard is the best

what is/are your reason(s)??
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by obailala(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
sometimes i marvel at the kind of questions some people ask and the kind of answers some people give. AutoCAD and ArchiCAD are two completely different tools being used for different purposes. Why would anyone want to compare the two without specifying the exact use intended?
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by omoajiri(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2011
autocad is the most widely used drafting software around and it is basically used for 2D drawings although it can also be used for 3D but with great complexity and difficulty. the archicad is principally a 3D software just like your revit, 3D max, sketch up etc, while you also have 3D rendering softwares like atlantis, etc.
if your interest is in architecture, construction or engineering, it is necessary that you learn autocad and any other software/ apps comes secondary. its rear to find an architect,engineer or builder who doesn't have a knowledge of autocad but you will find a lot who doesn't understand archicad.
so chum, learn autocad first , then others later.
Re: Archicad Vs Autocad by Deage(m): 9:48am On Nov 15, 2011
I am a student architect at the University of Nigeria. I will advice you to proficiently learn autocad b4 archicad. I use the two softwares and I will tell you that if you want to produce a professional 2D plan, then autocad is the best. Archicad can come secondly and is good 4 3D models.

(1) (Reply)

Interior Design And Decoration As A Career / Bid With N50 And Win Big On Lucky Mall Ng / Learn Coding And Start Building, With Africodehero.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.