Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Incredible Boxing Skills By Whittaker - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Incredible Boxing Skills By Whittaker (105 Views)

Israel Adesanya Beats Robert Whittaker To Retain His Title / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) / Israel Adesanya knocks out Robert Whittaker in the second round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Incredible Boxing Skills By Whittaker by Bowale447: 11:05pm On Mar 05
Incredible boxing skills by Whittaker. Best of the bests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOMbquiw9c

Who is Ben Whittaker and why is everyone talking about him? Who is his trainer and when will he fight next? Everything you need to know about the rising light-heavyweight star and what he has to say about his viral showboating videos and knockout victories

The 26-year-old is a rising star in the light-heavyweight division. He has an unbeaten 6-0 professional record, with five of those victories coming by knockout.

He was a highly successful amateur boxer, who won a silver medal at the Tokyo Olympic Games in 2021, only losing to outstanding Cuban Arlen Lopez in the final.

Who trains him?
When he turned professional Whittaker joined American coach SugarHill Steward, the nephew of legendary trainer Manny Steward.
Steward has a stable of high-profile fighters, notably WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.

Whittaker also works with Joby Clayton, who was his coach as an amateur.

Why is everyone talking about him?
Whittaker impressed in his Olympic Games and has dazzled in his professional performances, combining outrageous showboating with stunningly powerful combination punching.

That style was in full effect last Saturday as he stopped Khalid Graidia, with a clip of Whittaker's flamboyant showboating going viral on social media.
The attention has been global. For instance American star Shakur Stevenson, the WBO lightweight world champion, messaged Whittaker on social media saying: "I'm a fan champ, I love how much fun you have while doing your craft.
"Tell them if they don't like it, step up the competition so you could do that to them too."

What does he say?
Whittaker told Sky Sports News: "The style that I do is actually just my style. I'm not trying to go viral, I'm not trying to get likes and things like that. Of course it's a compliment but I'm just being me. It's a good response but I've just got to keep level-headed, keep my feet on the ground and make sure I cut no corners.
"I'm just trying to be myself. You only get one career so I'm just trying to have fun while I'm doing it. Everybody's got their own opinion and I'm excited to see where it goes.
"When I do actually box and switch on I do believe there's not many people that can box like me. I've got a really good boxing IQ. Sometimes I do get a bit carried away. I maybe had a bit too many Smarties in the changing room. But like I said it's just me enjoying myself, having fun. I just can't wait to show when I'm at the top level my actual real skills.

Incredible boxing skills by Whittaker. Best of the bests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOMbquiw9c

(1) (Reply)

NFF Announces Vacant Coaching Roles For Jose Peseiro And Nduka Ugbade / 10 Sports Muslims Should Engage In During Ramadan Fasting / Football: Predict, Win N50,000 This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.