Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Immobilizer Installation - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Immobilizer Installation (6063 Views)

Put a tracker & Immobilizer in that car now / "engine Immobilizer Fault" On Peugeot 406 Prestige >>>plz Help! / 2002 Bora (bank Use) 470k, & CarinaE wagon with Remote key, engine Immobilizer 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
[size=14pt]After 2 years of consultations we have finally selected an aftermarket transponder key system
that will secure your vehicle like the real thing.

From next week we shall commence installation of highly effective aftermarket immobilizers
for vehicles without factory fitted Transponder key or remote keyless entry systems.

This is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than the local 5 minute local fuel cut off device.

You get the same 2 or 3 level security the factory fitted systems have instead of the single level
that the fuel cut gives.

So if you own any of the modern cars like some models Toyota Corolla, Sienna, Highlander, RAV4 etc
and have been shopping for an immobilizer system, we have the right solution for you.

Call 08029990359 now for reservation as we have a limited number for now.
[/size]
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
[size=13pt]Save the life of your car.
Say Goodbye to 5 minute Fuel Cut
and welcome to factory standard high quality Insurance Company Approved
Immobilizer, Keyless Entry and Remote Start systems from the UK and USA.[/size]

Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
Do you own any car that does not come with factory
fitted immobilizer and remote key-less entry systems?

We have high quality aftermarket immobilizers and key-less entry systems
that work like factory fitted systems.

It has been proved over and over again that the local 5 minute fuel cut systems
only protect your car on 1 level while the factory fitted ones give you 3 levels.

Our solutions are customized to suit individual models.

Come for yours and automatically qualify for free engine scan/diagnostics anytime.

Call 08029990359 or 07057222508 for details and consultation.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
Immobilizers have become a standard on most if not all new cars as far back as 1998. In Germany since 1 January 1998, in the United Kingdom since 1 October 1998, in Finland since 1998, in Australia since 2001 and in Canada since 2007.

All this came about as a result of the refusal of insurance companies to underwrite cars due to high rate of theft. Auto manufacturers had to go back to the drawing board to develop a passive security system where the vehicle owner did not have to do anything else but take the key out of the ignition.

Well, there are a number of types of automotive immobilizers in use. Many new cars come with them installed from the factory, and in those cases the actual electronic control unit for the engine comes from the factory with an immobilizing circuit that will prevent the fuel pump and usually the ignition circuit as well from operating unless a transponder device is within the range of the sensor. These are the best type of immobilizer in terms of safety, because they are not a separate electrical circuit which can be easily tampered with like aftermarket systems.

Immobilizers have a radio frequency transmitter that goes on your keychain. The sensor that is in the dashboard or somewhere near the ignition detects the unique frequency of the transmitter in order to allow the car to run.

Aftermarket (Add-on immobilizers) immobilizers come in all different styles. Generally speaking, it depends entirely on the specific cars specifications in terms of fuel delivery system and ignition system to determine how to immobilize the car.

For example, a car with an electronically powered fuel pump (which is likely fuel injected) can be easily immobilized if the power relay to the fuel pumps operation is intervened from the immobilizer system. A fuel injected car with an immobilizer circuit would typically disable the fuel pump, fuel injection control, as well as the ignition circuit. A car that is carbureted on the other hand, likely uses a mechanical fuel pump from stock, and therefore you cannot prevent fuel flow directly without the use of solenoids in between fuel lines to stop flow physically. A carbureted car with a mechanical fuel pump would likely only have the ignition circuit disabled in the event of immobilization.

As more cars come from the factory with sophisticated immobilizers, thieves turn their attention to easier pickings. Best choice is the vehicle with no hint of anti-theft technology. Because of the effectiveness of the new anti-theft systems, the focus is moving to older cars without these devices.

With establishment of the above, I want to talk about the immobilizer usage and culture in Nigeria. The average car owner in Nigeria does not have an idea of what the transponder technology in the vehicle he or she drives is all about.

Due to this ignorance a lot of car owners are doing damage to vehicles they spent their hard earned money buying.

They install the Nigerian version of “aftermarket immobilizers”. I mean the almighty 5 minute fuel cut off. This device with all due respect to the manufacturers, is the most hideous contraption I have come across. It is very effective on cars without the factory installed system. But, having this device installed in a 2007 vehicle with factory installed system is most unimaginable but, very rampant. Some of you reading this write up have done exactly that.

This can only be compared to having 2 antiviruses installed on your computer. One can only imagine what will happen sooner or later.

My sincere advice is for those guilty of this to yank them out ASAP and allow the factory installed system do its job.

Owning a 2007 Honda Accord and having the five minute fuel cut installed is a typical example of what I am talking about.

To those who have a “ritual” of installing this type of system on any new vehicle they purchase, agreed, old habits are hard to change. One does not need much persuasion here as your compliance will only do you good like a good wife.

For those who drive cars manufactured between 1997-2008 without a factory fitted immobilizer system, get in touch with us.
We have something that belongs to you.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by toba1909(m): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2011
What's the cost implication of the immobilizer.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by DeRadical: 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
exactly my brother. whats the cost implication? Infact, i have been rendered useless like 4 weeks ago when these touts found there way into my 1997 accord (bulldog) and made away with all my tools and valuables within. How they entered and managed to lock it back the way i did remains a mystery up till date. but funny enough, they were merciful enough not to move the ride, My brother, abeg let us know the cost implication, just an idea anyway

keyremotes:

Immobilizers have become a standard on most if not all new cars as far back as 1998. In Germany since 1 January 1998, in the United Kingdom since 1 October 1998, in Finland since 1998, in Australia since 2001 and in Canada since 2007.

All this came about as a result of the refusal of insurance companies to underwrite cars due to high rate of theft. Auto manufacturers had to go back to the drawing board to develop a passive security system where the vehicle owner did not have to do anything else but take the key out of the ignition.

Well, there are a number of types of automotive immobilizers in use. Many new cars come with them installed from the factory, and in those cases the actual electronic control unit for the engine comes from the factory with an immobilizing circuit that will prevent the fuel pump and usually the ignition circuit as well from operating unless a transponder device is within the range of the sensor. These are the best type of immobilizer in terms of safety, because they are not a separate electrical circuit which can be easily tampered with like aftermarket systems.

Immobilizers have a radio frequency transmitter that goes on your keychain. The sensor that is in the dashboard or somewhere near the ignition detects the unique frequency of the transmitter in order to allow the car to run.

Aftermarket (Add-on immobilizers) immobilizers come in all different styles. Generally speaking, it depends entirely on the specific cars specifications in terms of fuel delivery system and ignition system to determine how to immobilize the car.

For example, a car with an electronically powered fuel pump (which is likely fuel injected) can be easily immobilized if the power relay to the fuel pumps operation is intervened from the immobilizer system. A fuel injected car with an immobilizer circuit would typically disable the fuel pump, fuel injection control, as well as the ignition circuit. A car that is carbureted on the other hand, likely uses a mechanical fuel pump from stock, and therefore you cannot prevent fuel flow directly without the use of solenoids in between fuel lines to stop flow physically. A carbureted car with a mechanical fuel pump would likely only have the ignition circuit disabled in the event of immobilization.

As more cars come from the factory with sophisticated immobilizers, thieves turn their attention to easier pickings. Best choice is the vehicle with no hint of anti-theft technology. Because of the effectiveness of the new anti-theft systems, the focus is moving to older cars without these devices.

With establishment of the above, I want to talk about the immobilizer usage and culture in Nigeria. The average car owner in Nigeria does not have an idea of what the transponder technology in the vehicle he or she drives is all about.

Due to this ignorance a lot of car owners are doing damage to vehicles they spent their hard earned money buying.

They install the Nigerian version of “aftermarket immobilizers”. I mean the almighty 5 minute fuel cut off. This device with all due respect to the manufacturers, is the most hideous contraption I have come across. It is very effective on cars without the factory installed system. But, having this device installed in a 2007 vehicle with factory installed system is most unimaginable but, very rampant. Some of you reading this write up have done exactly that.

This can only be compared to having 2 antiviruses installed on your computer. One can only imagine what will happen sooner or later.

My sincere advice is for those guilty of this to yank them out ASAP and allow the factory installed system do its job.

Owning a 2007 Honda Accord and having the five minute fuel cut installed is a typical example of what I am talking about.

To those who have a “ritual” of installing this type of system on any new vehicle they purchase, agreed, old habits are hard to change. One does not need much persuasion here as your compliance will only do you good like a good wife.

For those who drive cars manufactured between 1997-2008 without a factory fitted immobilizer system, get in touch with us.
We have something that belongs to you.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by winnteam(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hey guys, I was with keyremotes in his office about an hour ago.
His NL account is under suspension for over posting.

I actually stopped by to see and find out the cost of the immobilizer.
They are different from the regular China once these rewire guys install.
There are different types:

1. Remote Start and Keyless Entry- N55,000.00 (installation inclusive)
2. Keyless Entry - N25,000 (installation inclusive)
3. Transponder Token (for cars with Factory Remote Entry) - N20,000 (installation inclusive)
4. Alarm and Keyless Entry (for cars without immobilizer and remote) - N35,000 (installation inclusive)

You can reach him on 08029990359
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2011
winnteam:

Hey guys, I was with keyremotes in his office about an hour ago.
His NL account is under suspension for over posting.

I actually stopped by to see and find out the cost of the immobilizer.
They are different from the regular China once these rewire guys install.
There are different types:

2. Keyless Entry - N25,000 (installation inclusive)
3. Transponder Token (for cars with Factory Remote Entry) - N20,000 (installation inclusive)
4. Alarm and Keyless Entry (for cars without immobilizer and remote) - N35,000 (installation inclusive)

You can reach him on 08029990359
Thanks winnteam.
We shall be doing a price review very soon.
We are already receiving orders from people who understand what immobilizers should do.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2011
All the immobilizers we install are approved by foreign regulatory agencies.
Below is an example of what we mean:

Thatcham immobilisers

Thatcham immobilisers are known as category 2 or cat 2 for short and is the only type of immobiliser to be approved by UK insurance companies. Fitting a Thatcham immobiliser to your car could pay for itself when you consider the saving you make from cheaper insurance.

There are two main types of category 2 Thatcham immobilisers, touchkey and transponder.
A touchkey Thatcham immobiliser works by inserting an electronically coded key into a receptacle on the dash board and turning the ignition key within a set time limit.

Transponder Thatcham immobilisers are easier to use because the electronically coded keyfob sends a wireless signal to the engine to let you start it normally by turning the ignition key.

A Thatcham immobiliser must isolate at least 2 circuits on the engine to prevent it from starting without a coded touchkey or transponder, the starter motor is the most important to isolate to avoid it turning over and save power. Some Thatcham immobilisers have 3 circuit immobilisation which could include: starter motor, ignition and fuel pump isolation.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
[size=18pt]Factory standard aftermarket immobilizers, remote starters
and key-less entry remotes like you've not experienced.
[/size]
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2011
Say a final farewell to that irritating police siren like
sound of your car alarm,

We have high quality international standard
aftermarket immobilizers for both recently purchased
or in use vehicles without a factory installed immobilizer system.

You will sleep with both eyes closed from now on.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by xpensiv: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2011
Pls I dont really undstd this!! ,, but will this in anyway prevent ur car gettin stolen @ gun point? undecided
Pls let me knw,
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2011
xpensiv:

Pls I dont really undstd this!! ,, but will this in anyway prevent your car gettin stolen @ gun point? undecided
Pls let me knw,
This will prevent your car from being stolen.
There is no device yet to stop any car from being stolen at gun point.
Well maybe bullet proofing will do that.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2011
2. Keyless Entry (for cars with immobilizers but no keyless entry) - N23,000 (installation inclusive)
3. [b]Transponder Token[/b] (for cars with Factory Remote Entry) - N18,000 (installation inclusive)
4. Alarm and Keyless Entry (for cars without immobilizer and remote) - N33,000 (installation inclusive)
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2011
Our immobilizers are customized for each vehicle.
What works for one does not work for another.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by ceepeeo(m): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2011
hi, for an Eod that hve keyless entry,,,which the immobilizers wld one use and wht wld it cost
Re: Immobilizer Installation by raycomray: 7:04am On Dec 04, 2011
I SENT YOU MAIL ON"BUSINESS PROSPECTS AND RESELLER OPPORTUNITY."

raymondanozie at yahoo dot com 2348033927919
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2011
ceepeeo:

hi, for an Eod that hve keyless entry,,,which the immobilizers wld one use and wht wld it cost
Your EOD doesn't need any additional security system.
Your car is fully secured.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
raycomray:

I SENT YOU MAIL ON"BUSINESS PROSPECTS AND RESELLER OPPORTUNITY."
raymondanozie at yahoo dot com 2348033927919

No problem.
We are ready to talk.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by LOCKSMITHS: 9:16am On Dec 05, 2011
@keyremotes
You are doing a very good job.
There are a lot of people on this forum who are not
legally supposed to be doing business as locksmiths.

The Locksmiths Association will make sure they
do the right thing or stop.

The Locksmith license is as powerful as that of the man licensed
to sell firearms.

Can anyone go and buy guns and begin to sell them without proper
approval from the relevant agencies?
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2011
LOCKSMITHS:

@keyremotes
You are doing a very good job.
There are a lot of people on this forum who are not
legally supposed to be doing business as locksmiths.

The Locksmiths Association will make sure they
do the right thing or stop.

The Locksmith license is as powerful as that of the man licensed
to sell firearms.

Can anyone go and buy guns and begin to sell them without proper
approval from the relevant agencies?

Welcome on board Mr. President.
Your coming here is very timely indeed.
Thanks for the complement.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
products are hot and still available.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
A very welcome addition to Keyremote's already flourishing key-cutting and coding service. Well worth taking advantage of, any cost spent securing your car is money well spent.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2011
@Siena
Thanks bro.

We really took our time to search for a reliable supplier.
We did not want to just be another one of those,
The immobilizers we install work like the factory ones.

By the way how's you baby doing? Your madam too?
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2011
If you own Toyota Camry >2005, Corolla >2007, and RAV4 >2008,
Nissan Xterra >2002, vehicles
without factory fitted immobilizers, we have the
very appropriate system you need.

For owners of Honda Accord (Bulldog), we have a complete
system (keyless entry and immobilizer) for you.

Vehicles with immobilizers but without keyless remotes are not left out.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2011
keyremotes:

@Siena
Thanks bro.

We really took our time to search for a reliable supplier.
We did not want to just be another one of those,
The immobilizers we install work like the factory ones.

By the way how's you baby doing? Your madam too?

Madam and baby are doing great, my regards to your family.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2011
Nissan Altima <1999: Immobilizer System
Mitsubishi Carisma 1999, Space Star 1999: Keyless Entry System
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
Immobilizer System for:
Nissan Quest > 2003
Mercury Villager >1999
Toyota Sienna >2003
Toyota Camry >2005
Nissan Altima >1999
Nissan Maxima >1999
Re: Immobilizer Installation by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Keyremotes, Nice job. I have a EOD 2003 with keyless entry but the keyless aint working. Still dont know whats wrong. Any solution or advice?
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
@njazra
We can sort out the remote key for you.
Re: Immobilizer Installation by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 16, 2012
wow, Will be glad, gave it to one mechanic guy and he said its batter or something but he tried and still not working. Sinc u can fix it then no problem. So when its fixed, do i need any immobilizer again? dnt understand plz
Re: Immobilizer Installation by keyremotes(m): 10:07am On Jan 16, 2012
The key contains the immobilizer of the vehicle.
Once it's fixed you shouldn't have any issues again with it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokunbo Toyota Venza 2010 / 2008 Acura Mdx 08169446319 3.5 / 2007 Model Lexus Es350 Toks Full Option Selling Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.