Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG (5740 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket Not A Solution To Nigeria’s Challenges – Shariah Council / Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better / Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by ogododo: 8:41am On Mar 06
Muslim leaders from across the federation, under the aegis of the Supreme Council for Shari’ah in Nigeria, SCSN, told the federal government yesterday that Nigerians should not be hungry and insecure.

The council spoke as Defence Minister, Badaru Abubakar, Special Adviser to.the Vice President, Dr Hakeem Baba Ahmed, and other prominent Muslims in Nigeria converged on Kaduna to deliberate on the state of the nation.

The Chairman, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Alhaji Jalal Ahmad Arabi, and son of late MKO Abiola, Alhaji Jamiu Abiola, were also at the meeting.

The Muslim leaders alleged that trillions of naira were spent on security and power in the country but noted that there was no commensurate results over the years.

President of the council, Sheikh Abdurrasheed Hadiytullah, said: “We should in unison, keep appealing to our governments to take concrete steps to address the issue of corruption, leakages and wasteful spending.

‘’Corruption is like a cancer, which destroys everything noble and undermines the principles of good governance.”

“Here, it is perfectly justified to ask our leaders, why should the ordinary Nigerian be made to bear the brunt of insecurity, with trillions being spent on the security agencies without positive result or accountability?

‘’Why should the ordinary Nigerian suffer difficulties from power failure and its skyrocketing cost, with over $20billion wasted on power without positive results or accountability?

“There is no doubt that we cannot reasonably expect solutions to issues bedeviling our lives until our leaders summon the political will to address the issue of corruption, whenever, wherever and whoever is involved.

“We urge the federal government to re-examine the neo-liberal economic template guiding our policies and perish the thought of plans to totally abolish all subsidies and commercialize strategic public agencies, without any semblance of social safety net to mitigate the attendant, horrendous consequences on the population.

“In these challenging times, it is crucial that we uphold the principles of peace, unity, and understanding. We should preach against resorting to violent protests against the government and strive for dialogue and constructive engagement with governments to address our concerns.

‘’Islam encourages us to seek solutions to problems with our leaders through peaceful means only. Violence only begets more violence, and it is our duty as responsible citizens and followers of Islam to promote harmony and stability.

‘’Together, let us channel our grievances through peaceful avenues, fostering a culture of tolerance and cooperation for the betterment of our society.

“We call on the Ummah to fervently pray during this sacred month of Ramadan and beyond for peace in Nigeria, and divine intervention in tackling acts of terrorism, insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, ethno-religious crises, and other criminal activities.

The Minister of Defence, Badaru Abubakar said in an interview with journalists that the federal government was making efforts to deploy technology towards combating the security challenges bedeviling the country.

“The technology would help troops of the Nigerian Army to monitor movement of bandits and other criminal elements, in order to face full action of the troops before targeting any place,” he said.

Badaru called on the Islamic scholars to use this year’s Ramadan sermons to pray for the success of the government and the development of Nigeria.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/nigerians-shouldnt-be-hungry-insecure-shariah-council-tells-fg/amp/

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Chicagograduate(m): 8:47am On Mar 06
Don't trust sharia council

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Opiosko: 8:54am On Mar 06
I'm not hungry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by AllTheWayUp: 8:55am On Mar 06
grin grin cheesy
Shariah council giving Tinubu woto woto back to back, they started hitting Tinubu since November last year,
Tinubu even called them for parley early this year.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:55am On Mar 06
Wa da f is the Sharia council

Let them go to hell.

Tinubu raise am.
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by adigun3127: 8:55am On Mar 06
Emilokan emiliano pablo Escobar

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by tiswell(m): 8:55am On Mar 06
I wonder this group suddenly found their voice .

Where were they during buhari's eight years of misrule and nepotism.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by callmevirus(m): 8:55am On Mar 06
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Lalami3232(m): 8:56am On Mar 06
Same way someone will say "A Nigerian girl should be decent, well behaved and a virgin" when you already know the kind of upbringing they get. Same with our politicians, they only have one aim of going there, which is to steal and to loot massively. So when you experience bad governance from them, don't be surprised because they never had plans for the masses.
Our only prayer should be to leave this country ad get a better life for our children. What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by slaawomirr: 8:56am On Mar 06
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Duelee: 8:57am On Mar 06
I blame Tinubu sha... after all BUHARI did this people should have been as silent as the grave.
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Tonididdyx: 8:57am On Mar 06
Lol.... My feelings changed since Dubai open border yestrrday, I don' already dust my emirate ID and passport

... Anyhow una want turn the country like eba, na una and una miserable familyx know
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Stevenson20: 8:58am On Mar 06
Una eye go start to dey peel soon.
Until we do away with tribalism and religion, Nigeria is going nowhere.
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by epainos: 8:59am On Mar 06

Corruption is like a cancer, which destroys everything noble and undermines the principles of good governance.”
The truth. Corruption is killing us, and Tinubu, Obi, & Atiku cannot tackle it. They are all corrupt.

There is no doubt that we cannot reasonably expect solutions to issues bedeviling our lives until our leaders summon the political will to address the issue of corruption, whenever, wherever and whoever is involved.
Imam should clean his home first. Politicians use religious leaders to deceive people, so, Imam should first fight corruption in his home. grin

If his colleagues stop accepting gifts and favours from politicians, and they start blasting them, things will start getting better. This is the start. If we decide to check, na politicians sponsored this gathering and most likely "guy man" collected a brown envelope at the end of the event. Who are we deceiving? Dey play. grin The same applies to Bishops and pastors. Didn't we see how Tinubu bribed Bishops during the election? I repeat...dey play!

In these challenging times, it is crucial that we uphold the principles of peace, unity, and understanding. We should preach against resorting to violent protests against the government and strive for dialogue and constructive engagement with governments to address our concerns.
Oga Imam, uphold your principles first. No dey talk nonsense.

Nigeria is not getting out of this wahala anytime soon. See eh! Things will get so tough. Mark my words. Only the common man who can tap into the world economy will not be affected. These imams and bishops will know "what's up" soon. Se na "ebi n pa wa" dem dey cry. And na food dem dey loot. See...people will kidnap to eat human flesh when the thing hits Naija finally. Mark my words.

Many of these politicians will run away. See, not until they voluntarily leave Naija will Naija start prospering. Because good people who are away will be inspired to build Nigeria and fix its remnant like Nehemiah. They will use their personal fund to start fixing Nigeria.

But let me tell you, Naija may not exist again. Each region will face its wahala.

Believe me...Naija is on the road to extinction. Period. Why? Nigerians will NEVER stop looting. Never! So, Nigerians will kill Nigeria. It is a prophecy that will come to pass. Then, new nations will come up, and they will start afresh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by BigDawsNet: 8:59am On Mar 06
List of countries that may donate foods to Nigerians soon

Afghanistan
Iraq
Syria
Lebanon
Lybia
Madagasca
Zimbabwe
Laos

Keep calm... food is coming

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Obyangel: 8:59am On Mar 06
God bless President Tinubu, he's the best thing that has ever happened to Nigerians. Tinubu helped me to know some people I honour and believe so much in them are so shameless, useless, tribalistic and terribly evil.

All the pioneers of Occupy Nigeria and those vagabonds with miscreants that matched on that day will die shamefully. Tinubu made me know that some religious leaders are cowards, hypocrites, full of iniquities and terribly evil.

God bless Tinubu for opening my eyes, May Tinubu continue to happen to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Emman08: 9:00am On Mar 06
Now Calamity Buhari is our many people have found their voices. Interesting
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:01am On Mar 06
grin 😂😂😂😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁 All of you are not yet serious. Una must get sense by force by fire.

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by bbamusa: 9:02am On Mar 06
we are watching!
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by ATLANTIC01: 9:02am On Mar 06
I understand the hardship you facing , I wish there are options but there is not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Raxxye(m): 9:03am On Mar 06
Normal talks at a gathering; nothing new, nothing change!
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Dpharisee: 9:03am On Mar 06
These ones are not blaming Igbos like that extremist Sani Jingir who embarrassed Nuhu Ribadu with his hate speech
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by omoredia: 9:04am On Mar 06
Hehe I dey laugh. A problem that could clearly have been avoided
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Skoonheid(f): 9:04am On Mar 06
Nigeria is the center of gravity for jihadist terrorism in sub Saharan Africa, but the most piece of the jihadists, the Sharia council is saying to thr FG that Nigerians shouldn't be hungry, rather They should should be killed and their houses burnt to the ground, their farmlands seized and taxed, their women raped and children kidnapped for ransom,
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by BarrElChapo(m): 9:04am On Mar 06
🤔😂🤔🤔

These ones have been reduced empty vessels making loud noises
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Day169: 9:04am On Mar 06
It would've been logical to have heard you caution the previous government too.
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:04am On Mar 06
Sheybi una want MuMu ticket, why are you now complaining
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by iwaeda: 9:05am On Mar 06
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/nigerians-shouldnt-be-hungry-insecure-shariah-council-tells-fg/amp/

It is now clear to the blind and loud for the deaf, that Tinubu is just a promax of Buhari, the country is deteriorating badly. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Bluntemperor: 9:05am On Mar 06
tiswell:
I wonder this group suddenly found their voice .

Where were they during buhari's eight years of misrule and nepotism.

Forget this solo Voice, you are hearing o!
Once,it's not Northerners in Power,then Complains and Condemnation
,as they are doing now!
They should be ashamed of their evil roles they played during the 2023 elections!
- For 8- years,how many times Una call Buhari to order- na everything be 'rankadede ' very deceptive connotations!
There were so much attrocities during Buhari - terrorists,Kidnappers, Herdsmen invasions, even Southern Kaduna was not left behind,yet you couldn't call Buhari and El-Rufai to order- with so much Blood Shedding on Nigeria soil!
Please,make Una park somewhere!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG by Spandau: 9:06am On Mar 06
ogododo:

All I know is that Tinubu should continue to watch Shettima like a hawk. The North is up to something.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekweremadu, Group, Others, Drum Support For Ugwuanyi's Re-election / Biography Of Late COS, Abba Kyari / Is Nairaland Biased?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.