Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class (321 Views)

Law School: 681 Intending Lawyers Fail Bar Final Examinations / Nigerian Law School Releases 2021 Results: 1,326 Fail Bar Exam / Why Candidates Fail The Ielts Writing Test And The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class by oloyedprince1(m): 11:40am On Mar 06
A total of 888 candidates failed the final bar examination conducted in November 2023 by the Nigerian Bar Association.
This was as 4,412 candidates were successful out of a total of 5,300 who sat for the examination. Among the successful candidates, 251 had first class.
The Director-General of the Nigerian Law School, Prof. Isa Hayatu Chiroma, disclosed this at the Call to Bar ceremony held in Abuja on Tuesday. He said, “Mr. Chairman, distinguished members of the Body of Benchers, I will be presenting at this Call to the Bar ceremonies a total of 4,412 candidates who were successful at the November 2023 Bar Final examinations as well as 14 candidates from previous Bar Final Examinations

“I am happy to report on the good performance recorded by the candidates as seen in the Executive Summary below: Outstanding/General Performance.

“Total number of students who participated in the Examinations: 5,300.

https://punchng.com/888-candidates-fail-bar-exam-251-make-first-class/
Re: 888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class by Lumarstone: 12:13pm On Mar 06
Some of them that failed the exam maybe those that graduated from foreign universities or those that were pampared financially in some Nigerian private universities.

Again, agree with me that some of those that made first class degree may not have money for their school fees.

I left..!
Re: 888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class by Nbotee(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06
Lumarstone:
Some of them that failed the exam maybe those that graduated from foreign universities or those that were pampared financially in some Nigerian private universities.

Again, agree with me that some of those that made first class degree may not have money for their school fees.

I left..!

Which kind of reasoning be this one? Some of those that made first class could also be from rich homes and could also have graduated from foreign universities and private universities. I'm sure you know they attended Nigerian Law School before they can take the exams

3 Likes

Re: 888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class by eteebanky1: 2:48pm On Mar 06
Majority of those that failed graduated from private universities

1 Like

Re: 888 Candidates Fail Bar Exam, 251 Make First Class by oloyedprince1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 09
eteebanky1:
Majority of those that failed graduated from private universities
Where did you get your information from

(1) (Reply)

Attention! Attention!! / Android Online Training And Placements Providers USA | India / Need Your Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.