Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State (37855 Views)

Fake Soldier Who Has Killed Many In Imota, Lagos, Caught & Paraded This Morning / Man Who Disguised As Girl At EKSU Caught & Paraded While Trying To Steal Panties / Man Who Wears Double Bra To Disguise As Woman Caught & Paraded In Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by themanderon: 4:40pm On Mar 07
No wonder we used to see tons of monkeys when I was there many years ago. I never knew about this crazy culture of theirs. gods indeed.
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by 123yes(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07
That is a win win solution on how the matter was settled. Kudos to the villagers for their understanding!
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Chasito(m): 4:42pm On Mar 07
Every town in Anambra State has one animal that they revere Monkeys are sacred animals in Awka, the same way pythons are sacred to Idemili people and then Crocodiles to Agulu people, The man should not try it again, in order not to bring curses upon himself.
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Adewale1603(m): 4:54pm On Mar 07
Omoh, monkey wey we dey kill here anyhow for play and fun and for better pepper soup, so it's a crime somewhere, and it's not even that the man intentionally killed the money o, na the money that enter into his trap with it's own legs, nawa o
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by hotseat: 4:55pm On Mar 07
Different strokes for different folks!

One man's meat, they say, is another man's poison!

Kill a monkey, even if accidentally, it's over for the culprit in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

But criminals are at liberty to snuff out the life
of fellow human beings without qualms or repercussions because such killings are considered fighting for the actualization of a utopian country.

Hian!

Odikwa risky o!

@hotseat

1 Like

Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by tctrills: 4:57pm On Mar 07
princeemmma:
paraded indeed

cultural wahala in Nigeria

So you are telling me that, if i feel like eating roasted monkey, i can't buy and eat in my own home

I can't believe some cultures that ought to be disposed still exist in South East

The same cultures that existed in Yoruba land, telling people not to go out in a particular time, telling people not people not to perform one specific religion views in a state

We have a lot of issue in Nigeria currently, but cultural diversity and segregation is one of the biggest

wahala for who dey kill monkey oo
You are not very exposed.
If you drink alcohol in many Muslim countries, you will be arrested.
If you kill and cook a pig in most of the Muslim world, you will be arrested
If you kill a cow in parts of India, you could be killed.
If you kill a horse, dog or cat for food in many parts of the western world you will be arrested.
Awka is no different from most of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by nony43(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07
princeemmma:
paraded indeed

So you are telling me that, if i feel like eating roasted monkey, i can't buy and eat in my own home

I can't believe some cultures that ought to be disposed still exist in South East

The same cultures that existed in Yoruba land, telling people not to go out in a particular time, telling people not people not to perform one specific religion views in a state

We have a lot of issue in Nigeria currently, but cultural diversity and segregation is one of the biggest

You dare not kill monkeys in Awka in Particular not Anambra or East as a whole. In Unizik back gate there are too many Monkeys there.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Kingrshd3: 5:01pm On Mar 07
ggood:
Monkey that we use to eat in my village, a very sweet meat

That's why u look like one πŸ™β˜ΉοΈ
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by stevinmayowa1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07
The man put himself into trouble. He should have dispose the monkey or prepare it for eating in the bush.

Or did the people follow him to the bush?

1 Like

Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by princeemmma(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07
tctrills:

You are not very exposed.
If you drink alcohol in many Muslim countries, you will be arrested.
If you kill and cook a pig in most of the Muslim world, you will be arrested
If you kill a cow in parts of India, you could be killed.
If you kill a horse, dog or cat for food in many parts of the western world you will be arrested.
Awka is no different from most of the world.

Thats if someone see me doing this things, what if i do it without anybody knowing

They are making it look like there is a repercussion when you do all this things and taking it too personal
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by guidelight: 5:04pm On Mar 07
Animals as totem is the way ancient Igbos preserve wild life . Every Village , community and towns have one animal or the other which they must not touch. It has worke until modernity came with urbanisation. Now Igbos doesn't have control over this unique form of wild life preservation. Modern Igbos should deepen this heritage by establishing game reserves across Igboland to avoid extinction of species.
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by guidelight: 5:05pm On Mar 07
Animals as totem is the way ancient Igbos preserve wild life . Every Village , community and towns have one animal or the other which they must not touch. It has worked until modernity came with urbanisation. Now Igbos doesn't have control over this unique form of wild life preservation. Modern Igbos should deepen this heritage by establishing game reserves across Igboland to avoid extinction of species.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by charlizonto: 5:05pm On Mar 07
To err is human..To forgive is Divine
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Shikena(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

muhammaduyusufu:
Ebi npa wa oooo. The monkey meat would have lasted the billionaire at least 1 month.

They should free the guy. Better than commiting suicide, selling kids or shooting his kid.
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Shikena(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07
grin grin grin grin

Ijaya123:
Ebi npa man yΔ™ ni.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Shikena(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07
grin grin grin grin Hunger don waya billionaire

Andrelade:
See what hunger caused in Akwa.Hunger hama this man so tey him go kill and want to eat the forbidden meat .
Ebinpawa ni Akwa,Anambra oooooo!!!
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by omolola12345(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07
Please someone from Anambra should educate me on this. Why is it forbidden to kill monkey over there and I think there is a snake as well I heard they don't used to kill. Please why?
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by DonMcek: 5:12pm On Mar 07
When you go to a place, you respect what they forbid.

In Australia you can’t kill Kangaroo
In America, UK etc you can just enter bush and kill any animal because it is under state law[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Chibuzoripob: 5:14pm On Mar 07
grin Millionaire Ebi npa wa Pro MAX . grin grin.Dem go soon hunt for 🦎 🦎 🦎 🦎 grin cheesy sad like dem do that years back grin grin.CRIMINALS grin
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Chibuzoripob: 5:15pm On Mar 07
angry una dey eat πŸ’ πŸ™ˆ shocked sad
Adewale1603:
Omoh, monkey wey we dey kill here anyhow for play and fun and for better pepper soup, so it's a crime somewhere, and it's not even that the man intentionally killed the money o, na the money that enter into his trap with it's own legs, nawa o
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by drerocker: 5:17pm On Mar 07
princeemmma:
paraded indeed

The same cultures that existed in Yoruba land, telling people not to go out in a particular time, telling people not to perform one specific religion/views in a state

U can't try it on other countries ok don't talk like u no now
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by fineboynl(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07
It's survival instinct.

Human first before any animal
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Kingisibor: 5:23pm On Mar 07
For killing a bush meat for a meal?
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by 4KNGOATS(m): 5:25pm On Mar 07
princeemmma:
paraded indeed

The same cultures that existed in Yoruba land, telling people not to go out in a particular time, telling people not to perform one specific religion/views in a state

One monkey skull miner spotted
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Advancedman(m): 5:26pm On Mar 07
What nonsense the monkey walk into a trap set for other animal.

And the man said he accepted to have committed hmmm.
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by tctrills: 5:27pm On Mar 07
princeemmma:

Thats if someone see me doing this things, what if i do it without anybody knowing

They are making it look like there is a repercussion when you do all this things and taking it too personal

Well you have a point there but me I prefer to respect others culture
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Maxtipulation(m): 5:28pm On Mar 07
My side is python

You can't kill python in my village if you do you must bury it like a human being

I think in Nigeria all states and communities have a sacred animal

For instance in Benue Tiv people don't kill or eat dogs
In some part of Delta don't kill or eat snails

There are some states in their rivers you don't kill fish or eat them etc...
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by akan102: 5:40pm On Mar 07
Na wao, I just tire for some kind tradition
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by ggood: 5:44pm On Mar 07
Kingrshd3:

That's why u look like one πŸ™β˜ΉοΈ
have u seen my face before?
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by stanliwise(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07
princeemmma:
paraded indeed

Forming woke on nonsense foundation

Do you rear monkeys? If no why should you den be eating them?
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Calitoscassius(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07
So the ignorant backwards people wanted to klll an innocent man because he mistakenly killed a monkey? undecided the monkey's life is more important than the man's?

Here is me thiking i ve read it all.

These goons wants to be considered as normal citizens of a developing and civil country?.

Naigeeria is a shithole zoo.
Re: Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State by Omoawoke: 5:52pm On Mar 07
They should beat him well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Girls (Photo) / Missy Ayom: How I Was Raped By Ozeal, UNIABUJA Graduate / Two Female Kenyan Lawmakers Fight Over A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.