Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours (1700 Views)

Petition Seeking Visa Ban On Wike, Family Members Gets Over 200,000 Signatures / Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days / Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by tctrills: 4:52pm On Mar 07
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Adamu, goodvibes and slytiger never said he was Republican.

Goodbibes said Musk was leaning to the right
Adamu said he was pro conservative and pro Republican.
Sly posted what Musk himself said that he would be voting Republican.

Go and read the all the posts and you will not be able to point out where Musk was called a republican.patty member.
Voting conservative doesn't necessarily make you pro conservative. Musk has some conservative opinions and some progressive opinions.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by raumdeuter: 4:57pm On Mar 07
DeLaRue:

'Tribe' in the US context is mostly along Republican and Democratic lines.

Some members of either party absolutely detests the other party. Some republicans will not even buy a house if they find out their neighbour is a Democrat. Vice versa. Some even move to states where majority of the people vote for a party they prefer.

Yes, it is a minority that behaves like that, but trust me, even among the majority of Americans, there is no love lost between republicans and Democrats expecially since Trump came into the political scene.

It is endless arguments, accusation & counter accusation, frustration on both sides, mistrust etc

A lot of passion on both sides. 'We are good, they are bad' stuff.

That's tribal.

Why do you think over 80% of blacks vote Democrat even if na Goat Democrat present
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Slytiger: 4:58pm On Mar 07
raumdeuter:

Why do you think over 80% of blacks vote Democrat even if na Goat Democrat present
Thank you.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Slytiger: 4:59pm On Mar 07
tctrills:

Voting conservative doesn't necessarily make you pro conservative. Musk has some conservative opinions and some progressive opinions.
You keep moving the goal post. So if I am pro-conservative will I be voting Democrats? i.e. Voting against my own interest.

Anyway, Musk said he would start voting conservative. That's all that matters 😂.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by tctrills: 5:26pm On Mar 07
Slytiger:

So if I am pro-conservative, I will be voting Democrats. Voting against my own interest. Make it make sense. Anyway, Musk said he is pro conservative and would be voting conservative. That's all that matters 😂.

If you are independent, you could vote in one election for a democrat and in another for a republican. This should be simple enough for anyone to understand
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by raumdeuter: 5:57pm On Mar 07
Slytiger:

Thank you.

Democratic block includes Blacks, Most immigrants, Most Moslems They will vote Democrats even if they present a pig for election

Bide even said "You ain't black if you dont vote for me"

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 6:18pm On Mar 07
ELON MUSK IS RIGHT. THE BIRTH AND THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST WAS TRIBAL AND NOT LOGICAL AT ALL.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 6:21pm On Mar 07
ELON MUSK IS RIGHT. THE BIRTH AND THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST WAS TRIBAL AND NOT LOGICAL AT ALL.

Orisa37
THE BIRTH AND CRUCIFIXION OF JC WAS SELFISH AND NOT RIGHTEOUS AT ALL.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 6:38pm On Mar 07
Politics is 100% Logical and Selfish and 100% Tribal and Righteous from the Tower of Babel.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 6:48pm On Mar 07
Politics is 100% Logical and Selfish and 100% Tribal and Righteous from the Tower of Babel.

SELFISHNESS=LIFE POLITICS.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by kufreabasi86191: 6:56pm On Mar 07
Good reference and excuse for Nigerian tribalistsGood reference and excuse for Nigerian tribalists...
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 6:59pm On Mar 07
'Tribe' in the US context is mostly along Republican and Democratic lines'.

U.S PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM IS VERY LOGICAL. AND IT WORKS.
NIGERIA PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM WILL ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS 'COS IT IS TRIBAL AND IS MANIPULATED BY THE EXCLUSIVE LIST OF DECREE24.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 7:00pm On Mar 07
'Tribe' in the US context is mostly along Republican and Democratic lines'.

U.S PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM IS VERY LOGICAL. AND IT WORKS.
NIGERIA PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM WILL ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS 'COS IT IS TRIBAL AND IS MANIPULATED BY THE EXCLUSIVE LIST OF DECREE24.

Orisa37
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 7:08pm On Mar 07
NIGERIA IS A 36 CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITIES.
TAA-TINUBU AKPABIO AND ARIWOOLA, PLEASE RETURN FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING STATUSES TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW AND APPROVE CERTIFIED TITHES CONTRIBUTION SYSTEM TO RUN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SINE DIE.
BY SO DOING, NIGERIA WILL BE 100% LOGICAL.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 7:08pm On Mar 07
NIGERIA IS A 36 CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITIES.
TAA-TINUBU AKPABIO AND ARIWOOLA, PLEASE RETURN FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING STATUSES TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW AND APPROVE CERTIFIED TITHES CONTRIBUTION SYSTEM TO RUN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SINE DIE.
BY SO DOING, NIGERIA WILL BE 100% LOGICAL.

Orisa37
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by chopnaira: 7:09pm On Mar 07
tctrills:

If you are independent, you could vote in one election for a democrat and in another for a republican. This should be simple enough for anyone to understand
In 2022, Musk said he would now be voting Republican. What's the problem with that? It seems you have an issue with him being pro conservative.

Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 7:12pm On Mar 07
mployer:

You mean race isn't tribe in the US?

RACE IS U.S
TRIBE IS UK
NIGERIA SYSTEM IS ABRACADABRA.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Iamanoited: 7:17pm On Mar 07
NO WAY.
THIS IS NOT MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET.
AND NOT FATHER SONS QATAR.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by press9jatv: 7:34pm On Mar 07
You don’t know before niii
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by tctrills: 7:59pm On Mar 07
chopnaira:

In 2022, Musk said he would now be voting Republican. What's the problem with that? It seems you have an issue with him being pro conservative.
You seem not to understand. Let me explain again. He is an independent not a republican. Independents are open to voting either for democrats or republicans. They are kind of in the middle. In some elections they vote one way and in other elections, they vote the other way. This does not make them pro Republican. Or pro conservative. Do you understand it now?
The believe that someone not voting for Biden makes him pro conservative is just false. Every election, there are thousands of republicans 2ho vote for democrats and vice versa.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Cassandraloius: 8:17pm On Mar 07
His making his money, una dey view him post. Mtcheeew...
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Kukutenla: 8:55pm On Mar 07
I'm surprised foolish APC monikers are here advocating tribal politics just because Elon musk said so. I guess they've now found the outlet for their underlying motivations for supporting their candidates.
The US did not become the country it is today by playing tribal politics.
Anyone who takes Musk's soundbite as validation of his own tribal nuances is a joke of a human being with peas for brain
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Pristine664: 9:25pm On Mar 07
Kukutenla:
I'm surprised foolish APC monikers are here advocating tribal politics just because Elon musk said so. I guess they've now found the outlet for their underlying motivations for supporting their candidates.
The US did not become the country it is today by playing tribal politics.
Anyone who takes Musk's soundbite as validation of his own tribal nuances is a joke of a human being with peas for brain

If tribal politics favour you, you will surely support it. This is Obi, your Lord and Messiah playing tribal politics in 2012.

Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Kukutenla: 9:46pm On Mar 07
Pristine664:

If tribal politics favour you, you will surely support it. This is Obi, your Lord and Messiah playing tribal politics in 2012.
My earlier assertion refers.
An addendum is that tribal politics reduces your ability to reason. Sorry let me correct myself.
Tribal politics REMOVES your ability to reason.
You called Obi my lord and messiah without any evidence of such. But you didn't stop at that perfidy. You took it a notch higher by posting a cut and join piece from somewhere as "proof" to justify your stand.
Do you see what tribal politics is doing to you?
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by ivolt: 10:06pm On Mar 07
mployer:

You mean race isn't tribe in the US?

It is more profound among minorities.
For the majority, geography and ideal government are the major tribal issues.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by frankyychiji(f): 10:10pm On Mar 07
adamusuleiman1:

Tell that to Edo Obidients that are rejecting their LP gurbanitorial candidate in Edo State, or the SE that voted their own over others in the last election.
What about the times SE voted for obsanjo, yaradua and Jonathan? What about the times you said Igbos don't like themselves? What about the times you said Igbos can't produce a politician they would all rally round? What about the times you names Atiku Atikuchukwu?

I'm glad majority of your type have eaten their words after the election.
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by raumdeuter: 10:32pm On Mar 07
frankyychiji:
What about the times SE voted for obsanjo, yaradua and Jonathan?

Who were the options here? Falae or Buhari
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by frankyychiji(f): 10:33pm On Mar 07
raumdeuter:

Who were the options here? Falae or Buhari
Your point is?
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by flokii: 11:25pm On Mar 07
Politics is a bit of both...

For instance, when GEJ became President, he completely sidelined Yorubas, a major ethnic group in Nigeria and was busy filling Igbos into all positions available in Abuja. This was the same man that likes of Wole Soyinka, Pst. Tunde Bakare and other top Yoruba elites stood up for when the late Yar'adua's wife wanted to mess him up. They were scheming to bring another Northerner to complete Yar'adua tenure after his demise as against stipulated laws of FRN that the Vice should be sworn-in as President. The ungrateful man got there and started cutting Yorubas out of national politics.

Today, a Yoruba man is president and still found way to balance the appointment to include South South and even Igbos who didn't vote for him.
The good thing is that Yoruba lokan, Yorubas are everywhere now, haters can die.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Abufo: 11:27pm On Mar 07
HNICEARTH:
Most bigoted nigerians dont understand what elon was trying to say.

"Politics is tribal...", he wasnt implying tribe like igbo, yoruba, hausa or fulani.

He was only trying to explain that politics is local or politics resonates more with a people when it's been affiliated with what they understand or gravitate towards to than logic.

If you gravitate towards religion or your tribe, then your politics will always be igbo, hausa, yoruba, fulani, Islam and christianity.

If you gravitate towards better education, better economy, better infrastructure, then your politics will always resonate with that

you dey mind the mentally immature crowd wey full nairaland!
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Goodday90(m): 12:01am On Mar 08
Will this reach Tinubu’s empty head?
Re: Elon Musk's "Politics Is Tribal" Post Gets Over 140k Likes In 24 Hours by Longpriq: 2:24am On Mar 08
Asonaijaaso:
Elon is wrong on this one.

Politics is 70% Logical and 30% Tribal.
if politics was indeed logical tell me one logical person who would vote in Tin.ubu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Civil War And The Gullibles By Monday Effiong Noah / Homework Question: Nigerian Presidents, Governors, Generals, Heads Of State / Did Gowon Give Bakassi To Cameroon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.