Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

1 Day Of Glory - A Lifetime Of Shame! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 1 Day Of Glory - A Lifetime Of Shame! (962 Views)

1-Day-Old Baby Found In A River In Osun (graphic Photos) / What's The Happiest Day of A Guy's Life? / Parents Publicly Shame Sexually-active Girl With Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Day Of Glory - A Lifetime Of Shame! by efisher(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2011
Many people today seem to have misplaced their priorities in marriage. They beg and borrow just to celebrate an elaborate wedding. But just after the wedding night, they plunge into debt, poverty and regrets.
Just in the space of 2 months, I have received over 5 requests to "support" weddings with anything I have. WTF! It's so annoying.

Why are people so foolish? Why not celebrate your marriage within your means? If you can't sustain yourself then don't get married!
Re: 1 Day Of Glory - A Lifetime Of Shame! by ifyalways(f): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2011
Support wedding?That's a new one.LMAO

People and priorities.If they need 'support' for their wedding,what happens after the married life?
Re: 1 Day Of Glory - A Lifetime Of Shame! by spyder880(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2011
My marriage was so simple, thanks to my elegant bride, I met her and told her my condition. I told her I had N650k in savings and expecting more, I told her I wanted to invest in more lands but now I met her and fell in love, that this money will be used for our wedding. She refused, she adviced me to scale everything very low and do only the essentials like the bride price and keep the money for the future. My marriage cost less than N50k and we went ahead buying good lands, now those lands are worth millions and we are both smiling when we remember the decision we made back then.

I support big marriages, lavish weddings and expensive honeymoons, BUT, only if you can afford it!
Re: 1 Day Of Glory - A Lifetime Of Shame! by efisher(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
I wonder o. Abi na me go follow them share the wife?

@Spyder, u made a smart decision back then, now see where u are. I wonder how many people still have such wisdom today.

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse In Nigeria / Vote Miss Abuja / How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.