Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Hey Girl - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hey Girl (116 Views)

Hey Guys! I'm here again oh! With another valuable information to offer you guys / Hey Aspiring Writers Our Writers Group Is Now On Telegram / Hey Woman -- By Arakunrin Ayoola Faseyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hey Girl by Xeltlife: 9:34pm On Mar 07
I remember going to get Chinese food after church every Sunday as a kid and I would obsess with the fact that my animal according to the Chinese calendar, was the dragon. As a little girl I remember thinking I was special because I was the most mystic of all the creatures! Anyone born in the year of 1988 was the year of the dragon, and so an animal represents each new year. The order of the animal signs is fixed, with the dragon being the fifth in the cycle, therefore the “Year of the Dragon” is 2024.

I am swooning over the title of this challenge. For multiple reasons. Not only because it’s MY YEAR, but it’s also the year of the most amazing, glamorous, wise, pretty woman I’ve met and that’s my best friend Dani, aka 'girl'. Dani is also a dragon, born in the year of 1988.

Our journey goes back to the savory sweet teen years in the youth group of a southern Baptist church based out of Saint Petersburg, Fl. I think we were around sixteen when we met

Full detail here https://vocal.media/poets/a-sestina-of-peace

Summery here "In a secret place,

hidden from sight,

There was a spell,

kept out of the light,

It lay in wait,

its magic deep,

Waiting for the one who would seek.

It called out,

beckoning in the dark,

To the one who would heed its call,

With curiosity and wonder in their heart,

They answered,

and their journey did start,

Start reading https://vocal.media/poets/dark-nights-pco0yci

(1) (Reply)

Knock Out! / The Proud Dog And The Snail / Do You Need A Ghostwriter??? Click Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.