Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,783 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Be Content - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Content (53 Views)

Voice Of Christ Today - Learn To Be Content / Be Content With Your Calling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Content by kppo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08
The Bible says in I Timothy 6:6

But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Many are discontent with what they have. Some want more money, a bigger house, a bigger car, a newer phone, etc. But we must all learn to be content with what we have. There is nothing bad in wanting something better but if it is at a premature time then it could mean greediness. You must be content per time. This means you say to yourself, "at this present time, I am content with what I have", "at this present time, I don't need this...". Godliness with contentment is great gain.

Apostle Paul communicated contentment when he said:

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. (Philippians 4:11,12)

We must be like Apostle Paul by being content in whatsoever state we find ourselves - whether with little or with plenty. Proverbs says:

Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith. (Proverbs 15:16)

And Hebrews says:

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (Hebrews 13:5)

We must be content with what we have. You may not have the latest iPhone but the one you have is good enough. You may not drive the latest car but the one you have is good enough. You may not live in a mansion, but the two bedroom apartment you have is good enough. You may not have millions in your bank account, but the hundreds of thousands you have is good enough.

Apostle Peter knew what he had was enough. He didn't have silver and gold, but he had faith in the name of Jesus. (Acts 3:6). You may not have plenty of money, but you have your faith in God. That is enough for you to get by until the time you have more money. And when that time comes, it will come naturally. You don't have to force it.

(1) (Reply)

The Seven-Day Challenge / When Fire Falls / Today's Hour Of Mercy (a Cry For Mercy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.