Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,383 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters (5848 Views)

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Patience Jonathan Sworn In As Bayelsa Permanent Secretary (Pic) / Soyinka Backs Patience Jonathan's Appointment As Bayelsa Perm Sec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by dadicvila(m): 12:09am On Nov 15, 2011
i spend about 4 month every year in yenagoa couple with the fact that am a bayelsan,i lack words to describe the performance of dis drug baron called sylva, he failed in all aspects,be it job creation,infrastructures,education,healthcare,sports{he cudnt even pay the salaries of Bayelsa united and ocean boiz}, u name it,how can a state that recieves dat much allocation be moving backward??yenagoa is just a small place dat wunt take much to turn to London yhet dat man cud do notin for 5 gud years,if yenagoa is under developed can u guys imagine how the creeks will look like??places like ekeremor,sagbama or nembe, pls nobody shud compare dis drug baron to T.orji,nobody can be compared to Sylva,dis man shud be stoned to death by all Bayelsans in peace park yenagoa, angry angry angry
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by lastpage: 12:27am On Nov 15, 2011
I am not sure what the NWC of PDP had in mind when they barred those four people, including Governor Sylvia but it would sure have made more sense and good moral standing if they have supported their banning order WITH CLEAR AND CONCISE REASONS!

That way, we would be sure that they acted fairly and in the interest of the masses!

And not just the interest of some "Power Broker" or even / maybe they just wanted a "Paper Weight" for Governor, so they can manipulate him afterwards!

Having said that, l think Governor Sylvia should not loose sleep over the ban!

IF HE WAS A GOOD GOVERNOR, THE PEOPLE HE RULED FOR FIVE YEARS WILL SIMPLY FOLLOW HIM TO ANOTHER PARTY AND HE WOULD TROUNCE THE PDP TICKET HOLDER! Yes, it should become a loss for PDP!

But the big question of that IF up there is raising alarm bells in my head! No wonder the paddy was willing to commit TREASONABLE FELONY (threatening a sitting President and his family!), just to get the PDP Ticket! shocked shocked grin grin wink

I hope he and his types learn a lesson from this: Serve "the People" and "the People" will serve you in your own day of trouble!

Just my take.

Lastpage
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by peruso: 1:36am On Nov 15, 2011
FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I COMMENT CUZ THIS STORY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED ,NOT JUST THAT ITS COMING FROM SAHARA REPORTERS; I WATCHED SYLVA'S CAMPAING ON TV AND I HAD SOME BACK AND FORTH COMMUNICATION AS A CONFIRMATION OF WHATS IS HAPPENING ON GROUND BAYELSA FROM SOME REALIABLE PPLE. THE GOVERNOR IS BEING SUPPORTED BY 1.THE THREE SENATORS FROM THE STATE 2.THE FOUR REPS MEMBERS FROM THE STATE(OUT OF FIVE) 3. THE 24 MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY 4. THE 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN IN THE STATE 5. THE 105 COUNCILORS . THE IYC WHICH IS THE MAIN ENGINE OF YOUTHS IN THE STATE. THE INC, AS WELL AS THE WELL RESPECTED PROF KIMSE OKOKO AND COUNTLESS OTHERS. YET SOMEONE WANTS ME TO BELIEVE THAT THIS GUY IS NOT POPULAR IN HIS HOME STATE

I HEARED YOUTHS CAME OUT FROM EVERYWHERE IN THE THE STATE THAT DAY AS A SHOW OF ANGER TOWARDS WHAT IS BEING DONE TO THIS MAN. YET I AM SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THIS MAN DID nothing IN HIS STATE (smh) PPLE PLS THINK AND THINK REAL HARD.

I THINK SOME FORCES IN ABUJA WANTS TO GET RID OF THIS GUY NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES EVEN IF IT IS THRU AN ILLEGAL MEANS. AND EVERY FINGER POINTS TO OUR PRESIDENT. I AM TRUELLY DISSAPOINTED IN THIS PRESIDENT OF OURS. HE HAVE NIGERIA TO LEAD AT THIS TIME OF COMPLETE INSECURITY IN THE LAND YET HE CHOSES TO THROW A POPULARITY BOUT WITH HIS STATE GOV FOR SELFISH REASONS.
A PRESIDENT THAT PRIDES HIMSELF UNDER THE CLOAK OF HUMILITY I THINK ITS HIGH TIME NIGERIANS WILL KNW THIS PRESIDENT FOR WHO HE TRUELY IS. AND I'M SURE HE WILL LOOSE IN THIS SHOW OF SHAME IN HIS HOME STATE,

NIGERIANS!!!!!! LETS THINK HARD!!!!
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by mojounited(m): 5:55am On Nov 15, 2011
^^^Hey Mr, have you ever set foot in Yenagoa let alone Ekeremor, Nembe, Sagbama, Odi, Kolokuma/Opokuma, and the likes If not, STFU and refer to dadicvila's post! I served and worked in Yenagoa for two and a half years and can say that he (Silva) has done nada, zilch, shikom; fact is, most of Silva's projects were half-baked tarred roads of 200m - 500m, followed by raising a related sign post as mighty as a two-storey building for self appraisal. The only basic amenity one would probably enjoy is electricity which is attributed to OBJ's administration in 2006. Of course, Silva can afford to throw some millions around to garner support from the poor masses, after all, he just threatened doomsday on the number one citizen of the country which begs the qq - do you know how many bayelsans he has threatened with boko haram and hell??

For Five Years
Workers' salary/allowance = 40%
Roads = 20%
Drainage = 0
Swamp/Flood/Mosquitoes = 100% - The last accommodation I stayed before leaving the town got swept away like a tsunami (and it was in Yenagoa)
and counting. . .

With all the allocated funds he's received from federation account, the Silva dude still left Bayelsa in the state of a hell hole. . he is just a fvckt@rd!! Good riddance to bad rubbish. angry
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by dplordx(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2011
Since most Bayelsans are like the ultra-corrupt and soulless and easily money-purchased BEAF, the guy still has a chance as long as hes got cheddah.
Been with PDP is a leverage, but with those useless elders forum already trying to protect the animal, its glaring the youths like BEAF and co will soon be purchased.
Bayelsans like Nigerians arent people, they are commodities you can pick over to your side with a fistful of cash.
Thank god Im not Bayelsans grin
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by mbulela: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2011
Raxxye:

@Mbulela. Soon. Maybe I'll pray dat what befell Abacha should befall him, cause Abians can't wait for another four, long gruesome years. What do u think?
From your lips to the ears of God.
I say Amen.
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by lastpage: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2011
@Peruso
FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I COMMENT CUZ THIS STORY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED ,NOT JUST THAT ITS COMING FROM SAHARA REPORTERS; I WATCHED SYLVA'S CAMPAING ON TV AND I HAD SOME BACK AND FORTH COMMUNICATION AS A CONFIRMATION OF WHATS IS HAPPENING ON GROUND BAYELSA FROM SOME REALIABLE PPLE. THE GOVERNOR IS BEING SUPPORTED BY 1.THE THREE SENATORS FROM THE STATE 2.THE FOUR REPS MEMBERS FROM THE STATE(OUT OF FIVE) 3. THE 24 MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY 4. THE 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN IN THE STATE 5. THE 105 COUNCILORS . THE IYC WHICH IS THE MAIN ENGINE OF YOUTHS IN THE STATE. THE INC, AS WELL AS THE WELL RESPECTED PROF KIMSE OKOKO AND COUNTLESS OTHERS. YET SOMEONE WANTS ME TO BELIEVE THAT THIS GUY IS NOT POPULAR IN HIS HOME STATE

I HEARED YOUTHS CAME OUT FROM EVERYWHERE IN THE THE STATE THAT DAY AS A SHOW OF ANGER TOWARDS WHAT IS BEING DONE TO THIS MAN. YET I AM SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THIS MAN DID nothing IN HIS STATE (smh) PPLE PLS THINK AND THINK REAL HARD.

I THINK SOME FORCES IN ABUJA WANTS TO GET RID OF THIS GUY NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES EVEN IF IT IS THRU AN ILLEGAL MEANS. AND EVERY FINGER POINTS TO OUR PRESIDENT. I AM TRUELLY DISSAPOINTED IN THIS PRESIDENT OF OURS. HE HAVE NIGERIA TO LEAD AT THIS TIME OF COMPLETE INSECURITY IN THE LAND YET HE CHOSES TO THROW A POPULARITY BOUT WITH HIS STATE GOV FOR SELFISH REASONS.
A PRESIDENT THAT PRIDES HIMSELF UNDER THE CLOAK OF HUMILITY I THINK ITS HIGH TIME NIGERIANS WILL KNW THIS PRESIDENT FOR WHO HE TRUELY IS. AND I'M SURE HE WILL LOOSE IN THIS SHOW OF SHAME IN HIS HOME STATE,

NIGERIANS!!!!!! LETS THINK HARD!!!!
Thank You for providing an "alternative view" on this issue. Like l always believe, There is always two-sides to a coin!

Having said that, l will please like to ask you a few questions for clarification:

a)These important players (As highlighted in your post) who support the Governor, ON WHAT GROUNDS IS THESE SUPPORT BASED?
*Are they financially induced?
*Are they as a result of self-preservation so that they can also return unopposed?
*Are the support based on the Governor's performance, which can be seen on ground in terms of good roads, good health care system, portable water, standard education, develop(ing)ed transport system, regular payment of civil servants salary, e.t.c?

b) As a Nigerian citizen, what would be your own reaction / action if YOU WERE THE PRESIDENT today and the governor of your state HAS ALWAYS WORKED AGAINST your own interest (He provided funds to thwart GEJ's "constitutional right" to succeed Yar Adua, as the latter's V.P, during his illness, he worked hard against his winning the last Presidential election, yet they belong to the same state and the same party!)

c) Finally, what would YOU DO, if a Governor OPENLY THREATENED YOUR LIFE AND THAT OF YOUR FAMILY? Mind you, Sylvia is just another ordinary road-side person, without the "powers of Office of the Governor"!)

Will you receive him with kids gloves and flowers or pay him back in his own coin?
Or did they not say "a man would reap whatever he soweth"?
Keep it honest please.

Though, l must add that the PDP-NWC did not say why he and three others were barred, at least not yet, we are only assuming his anti-party/Jonathan activities could be responsible.

Lastpage
Re: PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters by dadicvila(m): 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
the truth is that Unemployment and the resultant poverty and hunger has taken a deep root in yenagoa due to the years of bad leadership and mismanagement of funds dat you will see more dan 3000 PERUSO'S in yenagoa,eager to sell dia souls and the future of their kids because of 5000,go to all the campaign grounds u will see them milling around waiting 4 handouts 4rm politicians{dia own money O}Peruso my prayer is that God 4gives you coz if i curse you with this anger in me it will surely come to pass, since when did Prof Kimse Okoko bcom the spokesman for every Bayelsan??if the rogue Governors forum can support dia patner in stealing then why wunt dose people u mentioned support him after using the states money to bribe them??arnt u aware dat this man was stoned publicly in yenagoa by ordinary bayelsans out of fustration in the presence of GEJ??dat alone is a sign, Please u guys shud ignore crooks like Peruso who wud sell dia mother's for a plate of rice with kpomor, ask Bayelsans about Sylva they will tell you he did NOTHING

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Wears Official AU Badge Upside-down (pics) / Buhari Voted Against A Nigerian As OAU Sec Gen In 1985 / Breaking!!! Nigerians will not take this from APC and PDP (see Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.