Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,946 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Married, But Living Single - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married, But Living Single (3503 Views)

Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / My Husband Does Not Like Sleeping In The Bedroom But Living Room / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married, But Living Single by luvtbaby(f): 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2011
I am married, but to the wrong guy. Although we are married, we have never lived together as a couple. We actually have only been seeing one another every 3 to 4 months. In other words, we don't know one another as well. Divorce papers are in hand.
The twist on this I have another guy who I have known for a long time and in whom I should have given my heart to. He is Mr. Right. Never has he degraded me like as how the guy I married has done. There are more details to this story, but I am looking for women who have been in this situation and I am looking for a general idea as for the outcome.

P.S. Mr. Right is Nigerian and I am from the United States.
Re: Married, But Living Single by ifyalways(f): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
What happened,why were you guys not living together?How old is/was the marriage?

Goodluck on your "Mr Right Illusion". . .guess there was a time down the memory lane when your (ex) husband was also a Mr Right and Perfect.
Re: Married, But Living Single by efisher(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. U feel me?
Re: Married, But Living Single by jumie(f): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2011
How long did you know your hubby before agreeing to marry him? If you dint love him, why did you agree to the marriage?
Re: Married, But Living Single by yogun(f): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
good question Jumie and if i may add, what's keeping you pple from living together as a couple.

Mariage is abt sacrifices and commitment. it is abt giving without expecting a return.

i dont see divorce as an option. i think you both shld make the decision to work on what you have.

Marriage is no bed of roses
Re: Married, But Living Single by luvtbaby(f): 2:09am On Nov 20, 2011
Of course divorce first and then move on. To clear the air, this was only a post to get reaction from african people to get a feel for the culture. I wouldn't have posted this at all unless I knew for sure that the marriage was totally and completely over.
Re: Married, But Living Single by Gboliwe: 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
It doesnt answer the questions raised ma'am.
Re: Married, But Living Single by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Married, But Living Single by luvtbaby(f): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2011
I feel like for the most part, I exhausted all of my options with Mr. Wrong. Divorce papers are the only options in this case. I hate divorce with a passion, but I was put in a tough spot. I did my part and he just kind of got comfortable living as a single man. He had a girlfriend in February that he sent the same Valentine's Day gift as I received-thank God for FACEBOOK. He got caught in that but still denied it. I found out that the very day we got married, he was telling another woman he loved her. Um, I think he had a hidden agenda that I wasn't aware of.
So Mr. Wrong was wrong for a much longer time than the entire time we were married. I'm not the one to give up and run, but this time I had to. It was rushed. I married him for the wrong reasons and he pretended to be somebody that he wasn't.
Re: Married, But Living Single by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Married, But Living Single by luvtbaby(f): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
You don't understand. He isn't just another man. We are the real thing. I'm working on the completion of the purging process right. Trust me I totally understand what you are saying and thanks so much for your advice.
Re: Married, But Living Single by KALMA1(m): 6:13am On Nov 21, 2011
I usually feel the way you do sometimes married but living single when I do not get my expectations from my wife but marriage others have said is not a bed of roses everything will be fine try to not let his actions bug you the you will get the changes you desire I have been there it not easy forget about the court it will only make things worsE
Re: Married, But Living Single by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2011
luvtbaby:

I feel like for the most part, I exhausted all of my options with Mr. Wrong. Divorce papers are the only options in this case. I hate divorce with a passion, but I was put in a tough spot. I did my part and he just kind of got comfortable living as a single man. He had a girlfriend in February that he sent the same Valentine's Day gift as I received-thank God for FACEBOOK. He got caught in that but still denied it. I found out that the very day we got married, he was telling another woman he loved her. Um, I think he had a hidden agenda that I wasn't aware of.
So Mr. Wrong was wrong for a much longer time than the entire time we were married. I'm not the one to give up and run, but this time I had to. It was rushed. I married him for the wrong reasons and he pretended to be somebody that he wasn't.

OP,
I hope I don't sound too dumb,but what is the guarantee that Mr New Guy is not gonna do the same and cheat on you?
I heard some where that men are polygamous animals.
Re: Married, But Living Single by luvtbaby(f): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2011
@KALMA-1 are you and your wife living together?
@Richvkunt-Life has no guarantees. I'm a real Christian-don't like to put things out there like that-but ultimately I believe that I am not my own. He will work this thing out on my behalf. I LOVE JESUS!!!
Re: Married, But Living Single by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2011
Richvkunt:

OP,
I hope I don't sound too dumb,but what is the guarantee that Mr New Guy is not gonna do the same and cheat on you?
I heard some where that men are polygamous animals.
luvtbaby:

@KALMA-1 are you and your wife living together?
@Richvkunt-Life has no guarantees. I'm a real Christian-don't like to put things out there like that-but ultimately I believe that I am not my own. He will work this thing out on my behalf. I LOVE JESUS!!!

OP,
Okay,keep deluding yourself.
After you divorcee the present guy,I can bet you will be back very soon to denounce the new guy.
We will be waiting.
Re: Married, But Living Single by luvtbaby(f): 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
Waiting for what's that, funny how you are wishing bad things on me. How has life been treating you? Although your input isn't needed here, you sound like you would much rather see me fail.
Re: Married, But Living Single by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Married, But Living Single by AlmondDeJoy: 1:48am On Jan 29, 2013
Key to a successful marriage.
1. Live together for 10 years
2. Live apart for 10 years to date others. . .to see if he or she is STILL THE ONE
3. Live together again for 10 years. . . if you survive the first 20 years! cheesy

P.S. Mr. Right is Nigerian and I am from the United States.

Recipe for failure! kiss

(1) (Reply)

The Alake Of Egbaland, Oba Micheal Adedotun Gbadebo / How Often Should A Couple Have Sex / If Your Wife Slaps Your Mother, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.