Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,041 members, 7,825,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Warning To All Speed Freaks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning To All Speed Freaks (616 Views)

Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil / 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To All Speed Freaks by Nomerci: 9:37am On Mar 09
I had a terrible accident in 2019 with a Honda pilot suv 2010 model. The accident tamed my speed,I was drunk,and it was dark around 11pm.an idiot was reversing his hilux on an express cos there was an intersection,probably he didn't want to race to about 900 metres to turn,while I was about 200 metres away,I didn't see him in time,by the time I saw him,it was too late,I was on 140kph.i slammed the brakes but brakes only reduced my speed by 30kph.gbooahhh. what I could remember was I slept on the steering,passers by came to my rescue,thought I was dead. The doors had jammed,the glasses all broken.bonet,bumper,headlights,engine,chassis,everything,back shocks all damaged beyond repair. I woke up after 10mins and found myself on the ground,looking all confused. After an hour,I got myself and walked round the suv. I shook my head.the hilux was a write off. From the rear to the bucket,shocks,everything took the impact. Infact I thank God I only had minor cuts on my forehead and arm.i was back and running after a month. Ever since then I don't speed excessively again,my max is 90kph. Though I was a bit high and felt like the king of the road that nite. I still prostrated I front of the suv and everyone that nite for saving Mt life out of shock. Pls dont speed .imagine if it was a sedan I was racing or a lexus IS or gs. By now,I would have been in heaven. Pls use this as a point of contact to everyone. If u are driving a 3.0 liter to 5.7liter engine.pls don't exceed 90kph on city express. Look at mc oluomo PA. He died like a fowl. I fact his own accident and damage did not reach my own.but na grace.my hands are clean...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by Bola4boy(m): 10:43am On Mar 09
Thank God for your life. The fun in overspeeding doesn't worth the risk. Consequences are usually grave. Coupled with bad Nigerian roads and other careless drivers

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by Onyeka90210(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09
Real talk
You may be a good driver but remember a random driver can make a wrong move and end your life.
Drive safe.

6 Likes

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by Elsueno: 5:57pm On Mar 09
Just because say U sabi drive & follow traffic rules, doesn't mean d other Nigerian on d road would do same...In fact, when driving just think of urself as d only sane person on d road. Majority of 9ja drivers no correct for head, driving against traffic, running traffic lights, reversing on on an express road etc...How I wish I be head of an agency way dey deal with traffic violations, I would make sure I deal with all insane inpatient road users angry angry angry extremely harshly

4 Likes

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by iichidodo: 10:00pm On Mar 09
I no dey drive speed, infact, I no dey rev my RPM pass 30..

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by Kasdat5(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10
You talked about speeding , but forgot to mention being sober driving .

3 Likes

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by Requestmechanic: 6:50pm On Mar 11
Being drunk and driving is a big risk..lots of life is wasted because of this... Another big risk is phone chatting while driving....

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Speed Freaks by SonofGod231: 12:53am On Mar 13
Speed kills!!
I was doing 150km on a highway and was trying to over take a trailer when a big ditch sudden appeared in my front.
My mistake was to touch the brakes.
My car was on a free roll. Luckily for me no vehicle was on the opposite lane or behind the trailer.
The car landed on it's tyres after doing 4 side flips.
I sha learned something new.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That You Can Assemble Your Own Supercar? / When Your Mechanic Is Fleecing You / Android Auto For Vehicles In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.