Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

3 Ways Freelancers Can Charge Higher Fees: By Amechi Okoli - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Ways Freelancers Can Charge Higher Fees: By Amechi Okoli (100 Views)

4 Ways Freelancers Can Keep Clients Coming Back For More / Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort / Between Federal Fire Service Prison And Civil Defence which one Pay Bsc Higher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways Freelancers Can Charge Higher Fees: By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 9:37am On Mar 09
3 Ways Freelancers Can Charge Higher Fees: By Amechi Okoli

Let's go straight to the point. Prices of goods and services keep going up in Nigeria. And it's almost on a daily basis!

The problem is, if you're not earning extra money to keep up with the inflation, then you're going to be broke as f**k !!!

Now if you're a freelancer, then this post is specifically for you. Why? Because you're not a salary earner that gets paid a fixed amount of money every month. Rather, you work for different clients and you charge per task.

This gives you the edge in terms of being able to negotiate higher fees for your work.

But how do you convince a client who has gotten used to paying you a certain amount of money to increase your pay?

Keep reading to find out!

1. Make sure the quality of your work is excellent

Beleive it or not, the people you render your services to know what a quality job is. As long as you ask for a reasonable increase and assure them of continued or improved quality, then they wouldn't mind negotiating a raise (unless they are straight up as*hol*s)

2. Give valid reasons why you want the raise

Look, petrol is expensive, electricity is expensive, and maintaining the devices you work with has also become expensive.

Politely let your clients know these things and how it affects your output negatively. Assure them that with a reasonable raise, then these problems will be scaled and you'll continue offering them quality services.

3. Remind them that the work you're doing is worth more than the money they're paying for it

There's an old saying that goes "clients never overpay, they always underpay".

From my experience as a freelance writer, graphics designer, and voiceover artist, I would say this is true!

Picture this - You design a business logo for a client and he pays you N5,000 for it. In today's Nigeria, that money can finish in a day, whereas the logo you designed for your client will last forever as the identity of his business!

Now, which would you say had more value? The N5,000 payment that finished in the blink of an eye or the logo that attracts paying customers to your client's business?

Once you can get your clients to understand that your services are priceless, then you're on your way to negotiating higher fees.

These tips worked well for me and I beleive it can work for you too. As long as you offer the best possible services, then you've got a great chance of being paid more.

That being said, hola at me for all your writing gigs (blog posts, YouTube scripts, and academic writings). I'm also a graphics design expert, which means I can handle your business logos, flyers, book covers, etc. Last but not least, I've been blessed with a unique voice by God himself, so I can record voiceover jingles for your business and public announcements!

All you have to do is reach out to me via my WhatsApp number 080 334 222 06

Looking forward to serving you. Good luck, and God bless!
Re: 3 Ways Freelancers Can Charge Higher Fees: By Amechi Okoli by amechispeaks(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19
Hustling tips

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Technician / Business Opportunities Articles Writers / Internal Auditor Urgently Needed In Ijebu Ode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.