Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,071 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures (24425 Views)

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / 200 Buildings Being Demolished In Anambra For Ekwulobia Road Expansion & Flyover / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Xxxylxxxx: 5:57am On Mar 10
DCmonster:
This is madness. Who approved the buildings in the first place.
Tokunbo wahab is doing too much and causing people pain in Lagos lately.
Yes lots of building are sitting on waterways but who approved them for the developers.
Those responsible should be made to go through what innocent tenants and house owners are going through.
It's a criminal act as no official will get away for approving a building sitting on waterways in sane climes.
It's practically impossible for those house owner to get justice or compensation.
You're very confused. Put the blame on who approved it not the government officers pulling down structures erected on waterways. As no one can block water from flowing, imagine the level of destruction the water could cause when it couldn't flow on when it got to those structures? I support them all be pulled down!
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Chicagograduate(m): 6:01am On Mar 10
kenny714433:
We'll always want to live in well planned environment that looks like Vegas, but at any given point, we'll rush to cluster houses like rats.

Go get the damn approval and do the right thing. Nigerians are naturally chaotic, noisy, uncivilised and unplanned people. The beautiful pedestrian and green areas/trees over here has been taken over by street traders.
It is not possible to erect a building without officials of Lagos not aware.Those houses were approved but because they are not own by yoruba reeks of jealousy.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Chicagograduate(m): 6:06am On Mar 10
flokii:
Ndi "we have bought the whole of Lagos" in the mud.. go to your villages and towns, buy lands there and develop your region.

Lagos State is not for sale..

Sanity must and will be restored in Lagos State.
Lagos State officials are the ones commenting in support of the demolition so that they will resell the land to another devlooer and still move there with their bulldozer to demolished it.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by sweetgala(m): 6:18am On Mar 10
maivd:
This is wrong,government should be able to come to an arrangement instead of demolition.

You can't come to an arrangement on a structure sitting on a water canal.

The many other residents who suffer millions in property damage and the other issues yearly from flooding too need to be considered
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Prescoss: 6:19am On Mar 10
Timoleon:
It doesn't happen in any state that the government will carry out demolitions without notice. Stop with the willful misinformation.

Seek redress through the courts, nothing anybody fit do for nairaland.

There is no way they didn't notify the occupants..
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by hardbody: 6:19am On Mar 10
YorubaNiBaba:
Destroy anything destroyable, any bastard wey dey complain should go to his/her c*rsed region and build anyhow

Dummy. In your warped mind only igbos own the houses there.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by richeeyo(m): 6:23am On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:
In the guise of building plans, the lagoon carried hatred, jealousy and tribalism to another level.

Just because Tinubu was beaten mercilessly in the lagoon in the last fraudulent election

My SS people shebi una dey learn.

In every demolition under the pretext of whatever,compensation is always a priority. But in this case compensation is a tribal reaction due to the electoral loss of the Tinubu in the Lagoon
Did they write igbo house on top of the house
Can't you hear them speaking yoruba
Or don't you know how your people behave if it was then
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Snowx: 6:28am On Mar 10
YorubaNiBaba:
Destroy anything destroyable, any bastard wey dey complain should go to his/her c*rsed region and build anyhow

Be healed
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Timoleon(m): 6:57am On Mar 10
Prescoss:

There is no way they didn't notify the occupants..

sure.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by AbujaLagos: 7:14am On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:
In the guise of building plans, the lagoon carried hatred, jealousy and tribalism to another level.

Just because Tinubu was beaten mercilessly in the lagoon in the last fraudulent election

In every demolition under the pretext of whatever,compensation is always a priority. But in this case compensation is a tribal reaction due to the electoral loss of the Tinubu in the Lagoon
you still dey arbor the shits
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Sleekfun: 7:18am On Mar 10
Come to Olambe border community within Lagos and Ogun State and enjoy yourself ...
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by FuckOsuPigs: 7:32am On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:

I knew there would be a useless comment like this down the thread.

Government must not act to protect people's lives again because the lost Jews are involved abi?

Una go cry taya

1 Like

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by LordBillionz: 7:35am On Mar 10
YorubaNiBaba:
Poor and wretched Soul. Bitters and poverty will kill you. Jobless soul.

It's very obvious that you don't even have even a hut anywhere.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Kusu12: 7:37am On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:

The houses demolished in South Easte are also because obingo won elections in South East? Igbo and victim mentality are like siamese twins. Frustrated obirodent.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by bdon123(m): 7:37am On Mar 10
kenny714433:
We'll always want to live in well planned environment that looks like Vegas, but at any given point, we'll rush to cluster houses like rats.

Go get the damn approval and do the right thing. Nigerians are naturally chaotic, noisy, uncivilised and unplanned people. The beautiful pedestrian and green areas/trees over here has been taken over by street traders.
So u tink those houses didn't get approval?it's obvious u hav never built a house,if not u will understand d pain this owners are going tru
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by SonOfDSoil01: 7:39am On Mar 10
lexy2014:

but where was the LAGOS STATE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY when the houses were being built?

am very certain that the houses where painted with red paint during the inception of the building.

if the owner of the building didnt provide a building plan, why was the building not stopped as threatened by LASBCA?

did they collect money and allowed the building to be finished?

how will you catch any igbo man without building plan?

where are u going to see them to catch?

are you from Lagos state?

this obsession with Lagos is really driving your people mad, honestly I still can’t understand the obsession. Lagos is in Yoruba land and a state like every other state with aborigine and they have every right to make laws that protect their space. I can’t imagine a Yoruba man questioning Soludo for demolishing properties in anambala. But here you dolt from a faraway cursed land running your mouth like you were forced to leave for Lagos. Pls if you are not comfortable with the laws, why not go back home? Was your placenta buried in Lagos? I am proudly Lagos and I support every law that bring sanity to our state.

2 Likes

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Kusu12: 7:41am On Mar 10
If other regions show you the real hatred as you are misbehaving and wailing they hate us, you will not survive a day. Ask your forefathers.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by lexy2014: 7:46am On Mar 10
SonOfDSoil01:
this obsession with Lagos is really driving your people mad, honestly I still can’t understand the obsession. Lagos is in Yoruba land and a state like every other state with aborigine and they have every right to make laws that protect their space. I can’t imagine a Yoruba man questioning Soludo for demolishing properties in anambala. But here you dolt from a faraway cursed land running your mouth like you were forced to leave for Lagos. Pls if you are not comfortable with the laws, why not go back home? Was your placenta buried in Lagos? I am proudly Lagos and I support every law that bring sanity to our state.

who was talking to you and how is all the off point related to the post you responded to?
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by lexy2014: 7:46am On Mar 10
Appletek:

In mid Feb, I just reported one Igbo man constructing an unapproved hotel encroaching on road and setback in a certain part of Lagos. Wrote the petition and submitted it. They have already marked it "Total removal" with red paint.
Do you know what that means?

You go see the rubbles on Nairaland

that is not what I asked you.

but where was the LAGOS STATE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY when the houses were being built?

am very certain that the houses where painted with red paint during the inception of the building.

if the owner of the building didnt provide a building plan, why was the building not stopped as threatened by LASBCA?

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by SonOfDSoil01: 7:49am On Mar 10
Omoapena:

Hope your brain tell you that those buildings might be owned by Yoruba people, and possibly indigenes of Lagos state?
oh really? I thought ibos own all the houses in ragos and the have pursued the Yoruba to Ogun😂if that’s the case why are the cries of the marginalised tribe always the loudest?

2 Likes

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by ojasweb(m): 7:52am On Mar 10
Realtruth2023:

The question here is why allow those buildings during construction stage? No one is asking these questions.

I have exclusive session with a LASBCA boss and i will share briefly.

When people build a bungalow or duplex, the supervision will be done by the LASBCA covering the region.

However, if the building is going to second floor and beyond, the inspection will be from the headquarters.

Now, for most projects, the owners are usually not interested in getting approval. Instead they bribe the officers who visited the project. Unfortunately, such a bribe are not documented.

To save the LASBCA, they will mark the building even when the project owner has already bribe them. The essence of the marking is to let whoever comes there know that they have come to notify them to come for approval.

Unfortunately, since the owner has bribed them, they won't disturb.

But since the pribe doesn't have any document, the project won't be inspected and if any directory comes from the headquarters, that's all.
But s
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by SonOfDSoil01: 7:55am On Mar 10
lexy2014:

who was talking to you and how is all the off point related to the post you responded to?
pained bitter slave tribe, Lagos is a slum yet when the owners of the land make policies, the voice of the usual cry victim is the loudest, why not relocate back to your eldorado in alaibo😂

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by lexy2014: 8:18am On Mar 10
SonOfDSoil01:
pained bitter slave tribe, Lagos is a slum yet when the owners of the land make policies, the voice of the usual cry victim is the loudest, why not relocate back to your eldorado in alaibo😂

off point. pls try again.

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Appletek: 8:23am On Mar 10
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

I don't have time for SM rants. When it is reduced to rubbles, you go see am.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by emperor863(m): 8:30am On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:

Demolition of illegal structures that violate the environmental rules of Lagos state shall continue till all such structures are levelled. Lagos is not a no man's land, it belongs to the Yorubas of the SW.

If not satisfied, go to wherever your ancestors come from. In Africa, everyone has ancestral land
As for election, we're patiently waiting for you in 2027.

1 Like

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by SonOfDSoil01: 8:31am On Mar 10
lexy2014:

off point. pls try again.

this is a public forum and I can comment on any thread I want, so stop asking stupid questions

1 Like

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Beverlyjean(f): 8:36am On Mar 10
adamusuleiman1:

Calm down.
He did not insult anyone though neither did he name or mention any specific region.

He used the term " that cursed region" ... u can't be defending nonsense and I'm sure u are likely along those that liked that post .... seun promised to eliminate tribal bigots in its entirety....
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by PHAYOL81: 8:46am On Mar 10
Shanties and illegal structures are forbidden in sane societies and LAGOS says ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If you can't do it right, then you have no place amongst us. IGNORANT OF THE LAW AIN'T AN EXCUSE!

1 Like

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by lexy2014: 8:57am On Mar 10
Appletek:

I don't have time for SM rants. When it is reduced to rubbles, you go see am.

once again, that is not what I asked you.

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by lexy2014: 8:58am On Mar 10
SonOfDSoil01:
this is a public forum and I can comment on any thread I want, so stop asking stupid questions

and who said you couldnt and how is that related to this questions?

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by AlphaSoul: 9:12am On Mar 10
Gistmedia10:
The Lagos State Government's enforcement of building regulations has led to the demolition of several houses in the Eti-Osa area. The demolition, carried out by the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA), is part of a wider effort to sanitize the built environment and ensure compliance with safety standards.

Reports from the scene in Eti-Osa reveal a significant number of houses being brought down, with LASBCA officials and demolition equipment working tirelessly to clear the area. The affected houses are said to have been constructed without proper approvals, violating building codes and posing potential risks to residents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sNwzMv8eVc
The guy doing the videoing and voice narration is actually a Yoruba dude, so this demolition is affecting Yoruba families in Eti-Osa [In the Yoruba language, Eti-Osa means "Edge of the Lagoon"] as well with their illegally built "property."

Most of these folks of multiple ethnic origins were given orders to STOP construction work but they continued doing so behind the scenes while thinking they could bribe or maneuver their way through like they tried to do on illegally acquired Federal Government lands in FESTAC Extension after the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) had warned them to stop construction work with paint markings of the walls of the buildings. These irresponsible wannabe landlords went ahead and PAINTED over the original FHA paint markings on the buildings and there is CLEAR video evidence (which was posted on one of the threads here on NL) to show that FHA actually warned and painted those illegal houses in FESTAC Extension with paint markings.

Always do your due diligence at the Land's Registry in Lagos, or anywhere you find yourself worldwide when you want to LEASE land for 50 years (like in Ghana for foreigners) or 100 years in Lagos and other states.

Enough said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by 12345baba(m): 9:23am On Mar 10
Must u live in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Select A Good Builder? / Idris Salako Visits Magodo Wetland, Restates Zero-tolerance For Illegal Property / Why Real Estate In Nigeria Is The Best Business You Should Put Into Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.