Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows (49593 Views)

UK People Are Miserable, Nigerians Are 'happy' / Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / Nigeria Is A Failed Miserable Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by TempUser: 8:17pm On Mar 09
SSpeter:
both are correct
No they're not.
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Goalnaldo(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09
We are still struggling with bad roads, electricity and portable water, how are we not more miserable than them.
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Chickensoup: 8:20pm On Mar 09
Lies. Who did the research statistic. Did they go north to the Boko Haram to ask them if they are miserable. It's not everything someone says that you believe.

UK has better infrastructure and power supply than Nigeria.

Nigeria lacks psychiatric hospitals while UK has.

Nigeria and UK are experiencing inflation yet their currency is better than ours.

People have been chased out of their homes and regular killings in Nigeria while migrants are the main population of homeless people.

The list goes on and on so calm down with spreading such unrealistic articles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Exousiang01: 8:22pm On Mar 09
TempUser:

It's not called English teacher unless the teacher is from England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ. It's called teacher of English, capiche?
Hahhahahaha yet you couldnt understand what the post said?

Your small airhead doesn't understand that, English are a people from England and they speak a Language called English and that language is taught in schools as a subject, in summary when you hear the one English it is to be interpreted in context.
Here I was talking about English as a subject thaught in schools.

Or are you saying I will be wrong to say "Mathematics teacher" or "physics teacher"?

You never understand small article you wan correct person English.
Airhead.
Don't go and read the post 4 more times so you can understand.
Be correcting English that you lack comprehension of.
Small brain wan act smart as small nyash dey shake

Better go and get your queen primer and start from the basics

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Broveens42(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09
kuse2:
Jokers..

Nigeria at no 6 just confirms that both the organization and the people that participated in the survey are all mad

Miserability could count for one of the mild psychotic conditions but the other condition seem like a people who mope while their governors pocket LGA funds meant for rural development. I don't know if I would call nija's condition iberiberism'

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Adewale1603(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09
Na lie. Lies lies
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by bluefilm: 8:23pm On Mar 09
Sheuns:
Finally a list where we pass some advance countries in positive terms

If you believe this list, it means that you might as well go for a brain transplant.

The worst of UK will always be better than the best of Agbado Republique.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Mcslize: 8:23pm On Mar 09
Agreed. Aside my dream country, I will rather choose New Zealand than to choose UK.
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by GVTAsiwaju(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09
UK is such a sadist society... Very lonely place
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Pickieox(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09
GanagiBitrus:
Not surprised with Nigeria ranking.

Fact is, You can never be miserable when you have become accustomed to Suffering & Smiling. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Your comment deserves best comment of the year

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by funshint(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09
This should be a joke I guess!
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by tuzle(m): 8:27pm On Mar 09
DropsMic:
Still better than my country.

Four days now i never see light.
Our roads are still as horrible as they were when I was a kid.
The people are still as despicable as their leaders.

I just tire
omo them post me go do service for ekiti. The town wey I dey Dem no they see light at all. Them fit bring light once in a month and the light no go pass 3hrs

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Broveens42(m): 8:27pm On Mar 09
jackie111:
No wonder psychotherapy no dey sell well for naija

How will it sell, when people in the rural areas like imo state are eating ugba with palm wine.
Sometimes, listening to the village drunkard Aka. information minister.

Life is an illusion, you can make the best out of it, anywhere on planet earth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Fryx: 8:28pm On Mar 09
For Nigeria to be at the top. I think rapture have taken place already
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Mcslize: 8:28pm On Mar 09
Strafudeen:
Hahahaha
..see Australia wey been dey form for me that year ๐Ÿ˜„

See them see me for naija ๐Ÿ˜„

It be like they denied you visa o. Hahahaha. Australia is not a country where anyone will just pack his bags and go to like U.K, that's why.
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by GanagiBitrus: 8:28pm On Mar 09
jojothaiv:

But some still die from depression...
They are not yet accustomed to Suffering & Smiling. smiley
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by TempUser: 8:28pm On Mar 09
Exousiang01:

Hahhahahaha yet you couldnt understand what the post said?

Your small airhead doesn't understand that, English are a people from England and they speak a Language called English and that language is taught in schools as a subject, in summary when you hear the one English it is to be interpreted in context.
Here I was talking about English as a subject thaught in schools.

Or are you saying I will be wrong to say "Mathematics teacher" or "physics teacher"?

You never understand small article you wan correct person English.
Airhead.
Don't go and read the post 4 more times so you can understand.
Be correcting English that you lack comprehension of.
Small brain wan act smart as small nyash dey shake

Better go and get your queen primer and start from the basics
I don't know how much you wish to beat about the bush, but you are not correct. Cry me a river darling... tongue
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Father4all: 8:29pm On Mar 09
I still want to go to the UK. Fu,ck this survey
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by MrCork: 8:30pm On Mar 09
WriterNig:

The ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง UK has landed in second place for the most miserable country in the world.

With house prices skyrocketing and the cost-of-living crisis still in full swing, it's no wonder why Britain probably isn't one of the most desirable places to be at the minute.

Data was collected via the Mental Health Quotient (MHQ) assessment, with scores ranging from -100 to 200.

Scores under zero represent 'distressed or struggling', between zero and 50 meant 'enduring' while between 50 and 100 meant 'managing' and scores between 100 and 200 meant 'succeeding or thriving'.

Out of 71 countries surveyed, the UK took the 70th spot overall for mental wellbeing.

The country has been classified as 'distressed or struggling', after scoring 49 in comparison to the average global score of 65.

Of the people who took part in the UK, 35 percent said they were 'struggling' with their wellbeing.

Those at the bottom of the ranking were Brazil, South Africa, the UK and Uzbekistan.

The study stated: "Overall, the insights in this report paint a worrying picture of our post-pandemic prospects.

"We urgently need to better understand the drivers of our collective mental wellbeing, such that we can align our ambitions and goals with the genuine prosperity of human beings."

The full ranking from highest to lowest mental wellbeing:

Dominican Republic
Sri Lanka
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ Tanzania
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฆ Panama
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ Malaysia
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Nigeria
๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ช Venezuela
El Salvador
Costa Rica
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡พ Uruguay
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
Puerto Rico
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ณ Honduras
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Armenia
Trinidad and Tobago
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ Philippines
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช Georgia
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Israel
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด Colombia
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ช Peru
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Singapore
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ Mexico
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Nicaragua
๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ผ Zimbabwe
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡จ Ecuador
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ Republic of Moldova
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น Portugal
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Kenya
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
Democratic Republic of the Congo
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท Argentina
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡พ Paraguay
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡น Guatemala
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Mozambique
๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท France
Cote d'Ivoire
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Chile
๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ด Jordan
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Saudi Arabia
๐Ÿ Canada
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช United Arab Emirates
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Cameroon
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ณ Tunisia
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡พ Belarus
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ด Angola
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡พ Syria
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช Belgium
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Morocco
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฉ Sudan
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Algeria
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ Spain
New Zealand
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Azerbaijan
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ Bangladesh
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ Pakistan
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Kazakhstan
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukraine
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ด Bolivia
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Kyrgyzstan
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ India
๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ช Yemen
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ถ Iraq
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช Ireland
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ Egypt
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ Australia
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฏ Tajikistan
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท Brazil
๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ South Africa
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Uzbekistan

angry
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09
Let's just thank Nigerian pastors for their role in the country.

Someone will be dying yet hopeful, all thanks to religion.
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Mcslize: 8:32pm On Mar 09
DropsMic:
Still better than my country.

Four days now i never see light.
Our roads are still as horrible as they were when I was a kid.
The people are still as despicable as their leaders.

I just tire

Nigeria is cursed trust me. Someone was telling me for 1 month now, NEPA has not given them light. I screamed! Is this not madness? Electricity that even smaller countries do have on a constant mode year in year out is what Nigeria is still battling with. And someone will come here and be screaming no place like home.

Nigeria is cursed trust me.

cc: ogbonti

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by 79733139(m): 8:33pm On Mar 09
Jeezuzpick:
They don't have their priorities right.

Brats spoilt silly whine when their milkshakes are not cold enough.

They should try a place where even clean water is unavailable to drink.

I was about to say something like this. Their misery is caused by the high expectations not being met and not actual suffering.

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by CrossRhodes: 8:34pm On Mar 09
Dollyak:
British people by nature gives off a vibe which can be perceived as miserable. The reality is very much different.
They lack emotions to a certain extent
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by MrCork: 8:34pm On Mar 09
WriterNig:

The ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง UK has landed in second place for the most miserable country in the world.

With house prices skyrocketing and the cost-of-living crisis still in full swing, it's no wonder why Britain probably isn't one of the most desirable places to be at the minute.

Data was collected via the Mental Health Quotient (MHQ) assessment, with scores ranging from -100 to 200.

Scores under zero represent 'distressed or struggling', between zero and 50 meant 'enduring' while between 50 and 100 meant 'managing' and scores between 100 and 200 meant 'succeeding or thriving'.

Out of 71 countries surveyed, the UK took the 70th spot overall for mental wellbeing.

The country has been classified as 'distressed or struggling', after scoring 49 in comparison to the average global score of 65.

Of the people who took part in the UK, 35 percent said they were 'struggling' with their wellbeing.

Those at the bottom of the ranking were Brazil, South Africa, the UK and Uzbekistan.

The study stated: "Overall, the insights in this report paint a worrying picture of our post-pandemic prospects.

"We urgently need to better understand the drivers of our collective mental wellbeing, such that we can align our ambitions and goals with the genuine prosperity of human beings."

The full ranking from highest to lowest mental wellbeing:

Dominican Republic
Sri Lanka
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ Tanzania
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฆ Panama
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ Malaysia
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Nigeria
๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ช Venezuela
El Salvador
Costa Rica
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡พ Uruguay
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
Puerto Rico
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ณ Honduras
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Armenia
Trinidad and Tobago
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ Philippines
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช Georgia
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Israel
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด Colombia
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ช Peru
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Singapore
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ Mexico
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Nicaragua
๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ผ Zimbabwe
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡จ Ecuador
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ Republic of Moldova
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น Portugal
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Kenya
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
Democratic Republic of the Congo
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท Argentina
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡พ Paraguay
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡น Guatemala
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Mozambique
๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท France
Cote d'Ivoire
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Chile
๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ด Jordan
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Saudi Arabia
๐Ÿ Canada
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช United Arab Emirates
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Cameroon
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ณ Tunisia
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡พ Belarus
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ด Angola
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡พ Syria
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช Belgium
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Morocco
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฉ Sudan
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Algeria
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ Spain
New Zealand
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Azerbaijan
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ Bangladesh
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ Pakistan
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Kazakhstan
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukraine
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ด Bolivia
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Kyrgyzstan
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ India
๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ช Yemen
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ถ Iraq
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช Ireland
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ Egypt
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ Australia
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฏ Tajikistan
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท Brazil
๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ South Africa
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Uzbekistan

WHO TOLD U DAT!!!!
see yor headlike guinea fowl...i live in London & its the best country in the world sir!!!(no oofencse) angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by ignis: 8:36pm On Mar 09
chopnaira:
Nigeria is number 6 on the top ranked countries.

1. Dominican Republic
2. Sri Lanka
3. Tanzania
4. Panama
5. Malaysia
6. Nigeria

The ranking must be a joke.
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Mcslize: 8:36pm On Mar 09
eepeepook:
Good for them. The same way they claimed Nigerians were the happiest people when the reality was the opposite.

Stop it. Nigeria na country? Nigeria is bewitched. Heat wan kill person. When last you have constant electricity? Them swear for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Fearyourcreator: 8:37pm On Mar 09
DiskJokeyManic:
Whoever did dis Analysis is very very very very very useless๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜...... Wat will u now say about Nigeria if U.K is useless?

Or is dis a ploy by the U.K Government to make pple not to travel to U.K again?๐Ÿ˜
Una brain don mel*
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Exousiang01: 8:39pm On Mar 09
TempUser:

I don't know how much you wish to beat about the bush, but you are not correct. Cry me a river darling... tongue

A smart person would have come back with a superior point.
A smart person won't just come and say "but you are not correct" a smart person would have proved how I was incorrect.
A smart person would have known that I was taking my time to give a detail explanation because I know your I.Q is way too shallow to get the summary, ofcourse if you were a smart person, you wouldn't have come up with correcting my English in the first place....
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by Stevenbright(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09
Fake news....
Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by johnog4sure: 8:43pm On Mar 09
GanagiBitrus:
Not surprised with Nigeria ranking.

Fact is, You can never be miserable when you have become accustomed to Suffering & Smiling. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sarcastic but true

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by amnesty7: 8:45pm On Mar 09
Effect of LGBT and other irrational practices.

1 Like

Re: U.K Is The 2nd Most Miserable Country In The World - MHQ Study Shows by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:46pm On Mar 09
False statistics.... totally wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russians Eating Nigerian Jollof Rice For The First Time / Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) / Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.