Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Ramadan Kareem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ramadan Kareem (181 Views)

Is It A Sin To Masturbate During Ramadan Kareem? / Ramadan Kareem / Ramadan Kareem To All Muslims :-drop Your Wishes To All Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Kareem by tollyboy5(m): 6:31am On Mar 10
10 things to abstain from during Ramadan
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar and is considered a holy month for Muslims worldwide.

It begins and ends with the appearance of the crescent moon. Because the Muslim calendar year is shorter than the Gregorian calendar year, Ramadan begins 10–12 days earlier each year, allowing it to fall in every season throughout a 33-year cycle.

During this time, Muslims fast from dawn until sunset, engaging in increased prayers, self-reflection, and acts of charity.

For Muslims, Ramadan is a period of introspection, communal prayer (ṣalāt) in the mosque, and recitation of the Holy Qurʾān. It is believed that Allah forgives the past sins of those who diligently observe fasting and prayer in this Holy month.

1. Food and drink: Muslims fast from sunrise (Sahoor) until sunset (Iftar), abstaining from all foods and drinks.

2. Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and drinking alcohol are generally discouraged during Ramadan.
3. Negative behaviour: Ramadan is a time for self-reflection and spiritual growth. Muslims are encouraged to avoid negative behaviour such as gossip, lying and arguing.
4. Excessive entertainment: Excessive indulgence in entertainment, especially activities that may distract them from spiritual reflection, is discouraged. Instead, Muslims are encouraged to spend more time in supplication to Allah and reading the Qur’an.

5. Anger and impatience: Fasting is not just about refraining from physical needs but also about controlling one’s emotions. Muslims are advised to avoid anger, impatience, and other negative emotions.

6. Wastefulness: Being mindful of resources and avoiding wastefulness is emphasised during Ramadan. These include food, water, and other material possessions.

7. Excessive sleeping: While adequate rest is essential, excessive sleeping during the day may hinder one’s ability to engage in spiritual activities and night prayers.

8. Vain speech: Engaging in unnecessary or vain speech is discouraged. Muslims are encouraged to speak positively and avoid gossip or harmful talk.

9. Materialism: Ramadan is a time to detach from material desires and focus on spiritual well-being. Muslims are encouraged to reduce materialistic pursuits and instead engage in acts of charity and kindness.
10. Neglecting prayers: Prayer is a crucial aspect of Ramadan. Muslims are encouraged to perform the five daily prayers and engage in additional nightly prayers, such as the Tarawih.

It is important to note that the specific practices and interpretations may vary among individuals and communities, and religious scholars may provide more detailed guidance based on Islamic teachings.
https://punchng.com/10-things-to-abstain-from-during-ramadan/

Re: Ramadan Kareem by Timoleon(m): 7:28am On Mar 10
There's this family I know, the name of their first born is Ramadan, the name of the second born is Kareem. Anyways, Ramadan Kareem to those who'll be observing the fasts.
Re: Ramadan Kareem by AntiChristian: 8:15am On Mar 10
Timoleon:
There's this family I know, the name of their first born is Ramadan, the name of the second born is Kareem. Anyways, Ramadan Kareem to those who'll be observing the fasts.

People named Ramadan were simply born in the month of Ramadan! And there's nothing wrong with it.

And Kareem is also one of the names of Allah! Allah is Al-Kareem but humans are Kareem or Abdul Kareem!
Re: Ramadan Kareem by wumi2017(f): 9:18am On Mar 10
Ramadan Kareem to all my Muslim brothers and sisters in Islam,,,,abeg if you have excess raw foods don't forget to send to us🙏

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Kareem by Timoleon(m): 9:52am On Mar 10
AntiChristian:

People named Ramadan were simply born in the month of Ramadan! And there's nothing wrong with it.

And Kareem is also one of the names of Allah! Allah is Al-Kareem but humans are Kareem or Abdul Kareem!

please point me to where I said there's something wrong with it so I can go and correct it. undecided
Re: Ramadan Kareem by biolanew: 3:19pm On Mar 10
Fasting during Ramadan holds significant importance for Muslims, as adhering to its principles is essential for garnering the spiritual benefits of the practice. In today's rapidly evolving world, technology has stepped in to aid the faithful in observing their fasts with greater ease and devotion. A variety of apps are now available to support Muslims throughout Ramadan, helping them stay true to their fast and enhancing their spiritual journey. Discover the best fasting apps for Ramadan 2024 by reading the complete guide at https://sagemichael.com/ultimate-guide-to-the-best-fasting-apps-for-ramadan-2024
Re: Ramadan Kareem by AntiChristian: 3:51pm On Mar 10
Timoleon:
please point me to where I said there's something wrong with it so I can go and correct it. undecided

You didn't say it!

But some may read your comment and infer such!

Just nipping it in the bud!
Re: Ramadan Kareem by MrCork: 1:44pm On Apr 07
wumi2017:
Ramadan Kareem to all my Muslim brothers and sisters in Islam,,,,abeg if you have excess raw foods don't forget to send to us🙏

Kaiiiii see thigh..see yansh...dyamm u so lightskin, edible and fine!!! cheesy
Re: Ramadan Kareem by wumi2017(f): 7:13am On Apr 15
MrCork:

Kaiiiii see thigh..see yansh...dyamm u so lightskin, edible and fine!!! cheesy

You no well sir😂

(1) (Reply)

It Was The Same Bible That Was Used To Enslave Your African Ancestors... / Renown Islamic Scholars Confirmed Quran Is Not One: Video / Sins Hinders Answers To Prayers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.