Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? (386 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by chnnmfl(m): 8:35am On Mar 10
There were threads in the past opened on this topic but I think a lot have changed. Current update is needed.

What is the best bank's savings account in Nigeria in 2024 in terms of good interest rate, no unnecessary deductions, steady bank network, good customer service etc?

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Solsix(m): 8:42am On Mar 10
Depends on the amount. If it's less than 100k use opay. Atleast the interest is daily.
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by chnnmfl(m): 8:51am On Mar 10
Solsix:
Depends on the amount. If it's less than 100k use opay. Atleast the interest is daily.
No serious person put his savings in an app without nationwide physical branches. Those apps should be treated as wallets tho you said only less than 100k.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by mii4u(f): 8:55am On Mar 10
Solsix:
Opay dey give interest? I didn't know abt this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Solsix(m): 9:01am On Mar 10
[quote author=chnnmfl post=128865525] No serious person put his savings in an app without nationwide physical branches. Those apps should be treated as wallets tho you said only less than 100k.[/quote
I know people who have hundreds of millions in opay. It's a digital bank. You can check the Thier monthly interest pay out to their top 100 customers. But am not sure I can put that kind of money in an app.
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Solsix(m): 9:01am On Mar 10
mii4u:

Opay dey give interest? I didn't know abt this.
Daily sef
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by chnnmfl(m): 9:18am On Mar 10
[quote author=Solsix post=128865652][/quote] "I know people who have hundreds of millions in opay. It's a digital bank. You can check the Thier monthly interest pay out to their top 100 customers. But am not sure I can put that kind of money in an app."

Lol those ones are naive and greedy. They don't know the banking history of the country they're living in. Probably they are "new money" who are chasing Opay's high interest rate with huge sums. An "old money" can't try such nonsense. They should go and study what happened in the past to well established commercial banks in Nigeria with nationwide branches like Savannah Bank, Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental Bank etc. Talkless of putting their trust in an app that can vanish in a second.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by colyx1(m): 9:32am On Mar 10
Your best bet is Ecobank

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Tallesty1(m): 9:53am On Mar 10
No nigeria bank is good for savings account
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Solsix(m): 9:56am On Mar 10
chnnmfl:
"I know people who have hundreds of millions in opay. It's a digital bank. You can check the Thier monthly interest pay out to their top 100 customers. But am not sure I can put that kind of money in an app."

Lol those ones are naive and greedy. They don't know the banking history of the country they're living in. Probably they are "new money" who are chasing Opay's high interest rate with huge sums. An "old money" can't try such nonsense. They should go and study what happened in the past to well established commercial banks in Nigeria with nationwide branches like Savannah Bank, Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental Bank etc. Talkless of putting their trust in an app that can vanish in a second.
Those where in the past, incase anything goes wrong, depositors will be refunded. Every Kobo is insured by NDIC. It will only take time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Etranshub(m): 10:02am On Mar 10
Wema alat is the best for savings
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by judatech: 10:16am On Mar 10
Etranshub:
Wema alat is the best for savings
Reasons?
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by chnnmfl(m): 11:36am On Mar 10
Solsix:

Those where in the past, incase anything goes wrong, depositors will be refunded. Every Kobo is insured by NDIC. It will only take time.
Not every kobo.

NDIC is insured upto 500k. That means if you have 100m in a bank wey fold, na 500k dey go give you.

Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by chnnmfl(m): 11:38am On Mar 10
colyx1:
Your best bet is Ecobank
Can you give reasons?
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Solsix(m): 2:53pm On Mar 10
chnnmfl:
Not every kobo.

NDIC is insured upto 500k. That means if you have 100m in a bank wey fold, na 500k dey go give you.
Ok
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by mii4u(f): 3:06pm On Mar 10
Solsix:

Daily sef
How pls?
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Solsix(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10
mii4u:

How pls?
Dm
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by NaijaphiliaBlog: 10:56pm On Mar 10
chnnmfl:
There were threads in the past opened on this topic but I think a lot have changed. Current update is needed.

What is the best bank's savings account in Nigeria in 2024 in terms of good interest rate, no unnecessary deductions, steady bank network, good customer service etc?

Forget about putting your savings in any bank. Put the money into FGN Treasury Bills and thank me later.

Interest on the one year tenor is now over 21%.
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by wittywriter: 12:46am On Mar 11
chnnmfl:
No serious person put his savings in an app without nationwide physical branches. Those apps should be treated as wallets tho you said only less than 100k.
NaijaphiliaBlog:

Forget about putting your savings in any bank. Put the money into FGN Treasury Bills and thank me later.

Interest on the one year tenor is now over 21%.

Money saved isn't the best of financial decision(s) to take ...rather let your money work and yield for you by investment involvements...like going into daily services to solve the needs of an ever growing human race!.

Wittyness
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by MrBroke(m): 8:05am On Mar 11
chnnmfl:

That's your opinion. You would be the unserious one to those saving millions with Opay.
Re: What Is The Best Savings Account In Nigeria (2024)? by Raymondson(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25
wittywriter:

Money saved isn't the best of financial decision(s) to take ...rather let your money work and yield for you by investment involvements...like going into daily services to solve the needs of an ever growing human race!.

Wittyness

Don't do any business with Wittywriter, he is a scammer. A Boy impersonating a woman

(1) (Reply)

Naira Down To N1,100$ In Parallel Market / We Give You A Perfect Plumbing Service Both In Installation And Maintenance! / Importance Of Having A Secured Business Website...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.