Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Price Of Land Survey In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Price Of Land Survey In Nigeria (94 Views)

Current Cost Of Land Survey In Ogun State / Cost Of Land Survey In Lagos State / Cost Of Land Survey In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Land Survey In Nigeria by maggii(f): 6:52pm On Mar 10
Navigating Survey Fees in Real Estate: Understanding MDS vs. Survey Fee

Distinguishing between the Mandatory Survey Fee (MDS) and the[b] standard Survey Fee[/b] is crucial for anyone navigating property transactions. The MDS, payable to the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, covers the basic survey, excluding labor, instrumentation, or consultation charges. In contrast, the Survey Fee encompasses the complete package, including instrumentation, labor, transportation, and more.

Here's the catch: even after settling the MDS, your surveyor may charge additional fees for the services mentioned above. This insight leads to a vital piece of advice – be cautious of surveyors offering rates lower than the mandatory survey fee (MDS).

It's worth noting that the MDS and Survey Fee vary based on location and property size. In my experience with clients, I've observed a common pitfall – individuals sometimes fall prey to seemingly cheap surveys. However, it's essential to question how a surveyor can offer services below the mandatory survey fee of a given area.

Let's be real – if the mandatory survey fee is 700k, and a surveyor agrees to do the job for 500k, how do they cover the costs of registering the survey plan at the Surveyor General's office? It's a critical consideration for anyone aiming for a reliable and comprehensive survey.

For further details or inquiries, feel free to contact me via WhatsApp or give me a call at 07025450864.

(1) (Reply)

Serviced 3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Victoria Island, Lagos / Duplex For Sale / Room Self For Rent Off Lawanson Road Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.