Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria (210 Views)

200k A Month In Abuja Vs 300k A Month In Lagos / Blogs And Websites That Pay Writers In Nigeria / Sites That Pay Writers In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by FinanceMagz: 6:24pm On Mar 11
Please, I want to dive into news website company...so I'm wondering how these news websites like Nairametrics and TechCabal managers to pay employees between the range of 80K to 150K per month.

Are they really making alot from Google AdSense because I'm sure direct advertising will not be everytime. So, my main question is that how does these news media generates money to pay employees and still have enough to maintain their blog?

Please, I need reasonable advice not people that will be talking anyhow or cruising 🙏
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by AOresources: 10:05pm On Mar 11
Don't over think. Do your job!
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by nocodechief: 2:42am On Mar 12
FinanceMagz:
Please, I want to dive into news website company...so I'm wondering how these news websites like Nairametrics and TechCabal managers to pay employees between the range of 80K to 150K per month.

Are they really making alot from Google AdSense because I'm sure direct advertising will not be everytime. So, my main question is that how does these news media generates money to pay employees and still have enough to maintain their blog?

Please, I need reasonable advice not people that will be talking anyhow or cruising 🙏

There are so many sources companies get money from. Of course, there’s Adsense, but that makes up a percentage of their earnings, small or big, depending on how much traffic they generate.

Sponsored posts/direct ads is what brings in the real money. But this comes after years. At that point, you must have established your platform as a sort of authority in your niche. A lot of companies charge into millions for a sponsored or featured post. Again, it depends on how big you are.

Keep in mind that if you’re starting the company newly, you’d burn a lot of your money at first for maintaining the platform and paying writers. And you need to pay good money to retain quality writers, otherwise you’d get quacks like the type we see on Opera News.

Some companies, such as the ones you mentioned, have investors or are backed by other companies, which also provide the fund used in running them.

If you have further questions or if you need consulting assistance, I’d be only too glad to help.
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by FinanceMagz: 6:42am On Mar 12
nocodechief:

There are so many sources companies get money from. Of course, there’s Adsense, but that makes up a percentage of their earnings, small or big, depending on how much traffic they generate.

Sponsored posts/direct ads is what brings in the real money. But this comes after years. At that point, you must have established your platform as a sort of authority in your niche. A lot of companies charge into millions for a sponsored or featured post. Again, it depends on how big you are.

Keep in mind that if you’re starting the company newly, you’d burn a lot of your money at first for maintaining the platform and paying writers. And you need to pay good money to retain quality writers, otherwise you’d get quacks like the type we see on Opera News.

Some companies, such as the ones you mentioned, have investors or are backed by other companies, which also provide the fund used in running them.

If you have further questions or if you need consulting assistance, I’d be only too glad to help.

Your point is that, I have to establish myself first in my niche? Please, how many year will it take to build an established website all alone?

And secondly, how can I get someone I can partner; like two of us pushing the website together on a share of 50/50. But my fear after the website is established, the person may decide to acquire the company in one way or the other.

Take for instance, Dignited, that website is an established website but it's being managed by two or three people.
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by nocodechief: 7:59am On Mar 12
FinanceMagz:

Your point is that, I have to establish myself first in my niche? Please, how many year will it take to build an established website all alone?

And secondly, how can I get someone I can partner; like two of us pushing the website together on a share of 50/50. But my fear after the website is established, the person may decide to acquire the company in one way or the other.

Take for instance, Dignited, that website is an established website but it's being managed by two or three people.

As for the first question, there’s no strict answer to it. It could take years before you’re set in your niche. Remember that other platforms already exist, so before you can become a name amongst other names, you must have spent quite some time.

Depending on your industry, you’d have to attend events and even sponsor events. Doing this is not compulsory but it can help fast track you towards being established. It’s like any other business, you don’t reap the fruits the day you plant the tree.

Both Nairametrics and TechCabal were founded in 2013 - when was the first time you heard about them? That gives you an idea on how tedious it takes to become established. Again, focus on delivering what is expected of you first.

For the second question, I have no answer to that because there’s nothing special about finding a partner to go 50-50 with. Like I said, this is like any other business, so you may need to consult friends or colleagues or any other people you know if they would want to run the business with you. There’s no special place to find them. Also, you can always start first and grow your website before having someone buy a stake in it. Gives you a better leverage that way.

My advice for you is, start first. Hire two good writers. Write for 6 months then compare results, go another six months then compare again. If you’re good, you should be earning Adsense money by then. It would help if your site is viewed by foreigners. i can’t say more than this but this should be enough to get you started.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by Wbuser21: 8:57am On Mar 12
News websites like Nairametrics and TechCabal generate revenue through various streams. While Google AdSense is one avenue, it's not the sole source of income. Other common revenue streams for news websites include:

1. **Advertising:** Besides Google AdSense, news websites often sell direct advertising space to businesses and sponsors. This can include banner ads, sponsored content, or partnerships with relevant brands.

2. **Subscription Models:** Some news websites offer premium content or subscription-based models, where users pay for access to exclusive articles, reports, or other valuable content.

3. **Events and Conferences:** Organizing events, webinars, or conferences related to their niche can be a significant source of revenue. Companies pay to sponsor or participate in these events, providing an additional income stream.

4. **Affiliate Marketing:** News websites may include affiliate links in their content, earning a commission for each sale or lead generated through these links.

5. **Content Syndication:** Licensing or syndicating content to other media outlets can generate additional income.

6. **Grants and Funding:** Some news organizations receive grants or funding from foundations, NGOs, or government bodies that support journalism.

7. **Crowdfunding or Donations:** Seeking financial support directly from readers through crowdfunding platforms or donation campaigns.

8. **E-commerce:** Selling merchandise, books, or other products related to their content or brand.

By diversifying their revenue streams, news websites can better withstand fluctuations in advertising income and ensure a more stable financial foundation. Keep in mind that the specific strategies can vary based on the niche, target audience, and business model of each news website.

I really hope this helps however to have a successfully business in this field you'll need a really good news website built by a professional if you ever need it built or have any further questions you can contact me via WhatsApp, number is on my signature.

Best Regards
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by FinanceMagz: 7:57pm On Mar 12
nocodechief:

As for the first question, there’s no strict answer to it. It could take years before you’re set in your niche. Remember that other platforms already exist, so before you can become a name amongst other names, you must have spent quite some time.

Depending on your industry, you’d have to attend events and even sponsor events. Doing this is not compulsory but it can help fast track you towards being established. It’s like any other business, you don’t reap the fruits the day you plant the tree.

Both Nairametrics and TechCabal were founded in 2013 - when was the first time you heard about them? That gives you an idea on how tedious it takes to become established. Again, focus on delivering what is expected of you first.

For the second question, I have no answer to that because there’s nothing special about finding a partner to go 50-50 with. Like I said, this is like any other business, so you may need to consult friends or colleagues or any other people you know if they would want to run the business with you. There’s no special place to find them. Also, you can always start first and grow your website before having someone buy a stake in it. Gives you a better leverage that way.

My advice for you is, start first. Hire two good writers. Write for 6 months then compare results, go another six months then compare again. If you’re good, you should be earning Adsense money by then. It would help if your site is viewed by foreigners. i can’t say more than this but this should be enough to get you started.

Who are you? You sounds like you're in the industry already. I love you all you said, especially "Hire two good writers. Write for 6 months then compare results, go another six months then compare again." These are the ideas I need to continue. I want to know how to manage writers and how I will be capable of paying them when the company has not been making alot.
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by FinanceMagz: 7:59pm On Mar 12
Wbuser21:
News websites like Nairametrics and TechCabal generate revenue through various streams. While Google AdSense is one avenue, it's not the sole source of income. Other common revenue streams for news websites include:

1. **Advertising:** Besides Google AdSense, news websites often sell direct advertising space to businesses and sponsors. This can include banner ads, sponsored content, or partnerships with relevant brands.

2. **Subscription Models:** Some news websites offer premium content or subscription-based models, where users pay for access to exclusive articles, reports, or other valuable content.

3. **Events and Conferences:** Organizing events, webinars, or conferences related to their niche can be a significant source of revenue. Companies pay to sponsor or participate in these events, providing an additional income stream.

4. **Affiliate Marketing:** News websites may include affiliate links in their content, earning a commission for each sale or lead generated through these links.

5. **Content Syndication:** Licensing or syndicating content to other media outlets can generate additional income.

6. **Grants and Funding:** Some news organizations receive grants or funding from foundations, NGOs, or government bodies that support journalism.

7. **Crowdfunding or Donations:** Seeking financial support directly from readers through crowdfunding platforms or donation campaigns.

8. **E-commerce:** Selling merchandise, books, or other products related to their content or brand.

By diversifying their revenue streams, news websites can better withstand fluctuations in advertising income and ensure a more stable financial foundation. Keep in mind that the specific strategies can vary based on the niche, target audience, and business model of each news website.

I really hope this helps however to have a successfully business in this field you'll need a really good news website built by a professional if you ever need it built or have any further questions you can contact me via WhatsApp, number is on my signature.

Best Regards

Thanks, I like how you highlighted the revenue stream news media are leveraging. I appreciate.
Re: How Does News Websites Manager To Pay Writers Per Month In Nigeria by nocodechief: 10:21pm On Mar 12
FinanceMagz:

Who are you? You sounds like you're in the industry already. I love you all you said, especially "Hire two good writers. Write for 6 months then compare results, go another six months then compare again." These are the ideas I need to continue. I want to know how to manage writers and how I will be capable of paying them when the company has not been making alot.

Haha I’m a copywriter with years of experience. I’ve been in the industry long enough to know how these things go. Get in touch with me let’s discuss privately. Send a mail to 3takesmedia@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For The Post Of A Customer Service Officer / Virtual Assistant / Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs In Africa In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.