Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada (28552 Views)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Invictus Obi Okeke’s N235 Million / Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Hotel, Houses Belonging To Civil Servant (pics) / Rivers: EFCC Secures Forfeiture Of 244 Vehicles In Port Harcourt [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Praxis758: 7:31pm On Mar 11
Each of those cars should be distributed among the 36 states for evenness and eqality.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by KenOne: 7:31pm On Mar 11
Nigeria rep on the mud.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Emanodimo(m): 7:33pm On Mar 11
Return the car to Canadian Govt... Which one be forfeiture to who FGN?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by malali: 7:36pm On Mar 11
Canada and America should return all the slaves they stole from Africa.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Coldie(m): 7:41pm On Mar 11
They should return the money back to the Canadian government or the owners though
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by mejai(m): 7:42pm On Mar 11
They should deport those cars back to Canada.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by stevups(m): 7:43pm On Mar 11
immortalcrown:
Nice! Just imagine the level of security intelligence in Canada. Nigerian police hardly tracks or traces what has moved from one street to another. But I don't put the whole blame on the Nigerian police. Nigeria lacks reliable security systems.

On the other hand, what exactly is the Nigerian custom doing at wharfs and border? It took Canadian police to inform Nigeria that stolen cars are in Nigeria. Chei! Custom officers are numerous along Lagos-Ibadan express way, extorting money from road users.

There is no difference between many Nigerian auto dealers and yahoo boys.

Some years ago, I heard a story from a guy who worked with a road construction company in the East. He said a white man working with them saw a Toyota car and said the car was stolen from him in his home country. The workers at the site doubted him and said it was impossible for him to recognise the car when the car is already being used in Nigeria. He said he would prove it. He directed the police officers guarding him to stop the car which was going slowly because of the ongoing construction work on the road. The car stopped and he told the driver not to panic. He asked the driver if he has a gun in the car, the driver said no. He then said that he hid a pistol in the car and that no one else can find it in the car. The driver said there was no gun in the car. The white man told the driver to alight from the car and the driver obeyed. The white man entered the car, spent a few minutes in the car and came out with a pistol. He took the pistol and allowed the driver to go with the car. He said he didn't want to make a case out of it because he had already lost hope of finding the car. He also said he believed the driver was not the criminal that stole the car from him.

Wow

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Golan007: 7:46pm On Mar 11
treatise:

Dem nor get security personnel at their borders?

Let us blame the victims.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by tbarrister(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11
immortalcrown:
Nice! Just imagine the level of security intelligence in Canada. Nigerian police hardly tracks or traces what has moved from one street to another. But I don't put the whole blame on the Nigerian police. Nigeria lacks reliable security systems.

On the other hand, what exactly is the Nigerian custom doing at wharfs and border? It took Canadian police to inform Nigeria that stolen cars are in Nigeria. Chei! Custom officers are numerous along Lagos-Ibadan express way, extorting money from road users. I also think Canadian ports are porous. How were the smugglers able to move the cars out of Canada? 🤔

Some years ago, I heard a story from a guy who worked with a road construction company in the eastern part of Nigeria. He said a white man working with them saw a Toyota car and said the car was stolen from him in his home country. The workers at the site doubted him and said it was impossible for him to recognise the car when the car is already being used in Nigeria. He said he would prove it. He directed the police officers guarding him to stop the car which was going slowly because of the ongoing construction work on the road. The car stopped and he told the driver not to panic. He asked the driver if he has a gun in the car, the driver said no. He then said that he hid a pistol in the car and that no one else can find it in the car. The driver said there was no gun in the car. The white man told the driver to alight from the car and the driver obeyed. The white man entered the car, spent a few minutes in the car and came out with a pistol. He took the pistol and allowed the driver to go with the car. He said he didn't want to make a case out of it because he had already lost hope of finding the car. He also said he believed the driver was not the criminal that stole the car from him.

Your likes are the ones always de marketing nigeria. How did the Canadian custom allow the stolen vehicles to cross their country? It was their responsibility and not that of the Nigeria. Stop de marketing your country

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Babangidapikin: 7:53pm On Mar 11
Canadian Insurance firm wouldn't be happy o .
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by immortalcrown(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11
tbarrister:

Your likes are the ones always de marketing nigeria. How did the Canadian custom allow the stolen vehicles to cross their country? It was their responsibility and not that of the Nigeria. Stop de marketing your country
You are obviously a hater of balanced judgement. Didn't you read the part that talks about Canadian ports in the comment?

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Golan007: 7:53pm On Mar 11
immortalcrown:

On the other hand, what exactly is the Nigerian custom doing at wharfs and border? It took Canadian police to inform Nigeria that stolen cars are in Nigeria. Chei! Custom officers are numerous along Lagos-Ibadan express way, extorting money from road users. I also think Canadian ports are porous. How were the smugglers able to move the cars out of Canada? 🤔

Some years ago, I heard a story from a guy who worked with a road construction company in the eastern part of Nigeria. He said a white man working with them saw a Toyota car and said the car was stolen from him in his home country. The workers at the site doubted him and said it was impossible for him to recognise the car when the car is already being used in Nigeria. He said he would prove it. He directed the police officers guarding him to stop the car which was going slowly because of the ongoing construction work on the road. The car stopped and he told the driver not to panic. He asked the driver if he has a gun in the car, the driver said no. He then said that he hid a pistol in the car and that no one else can find it in the car. The driver said there was no gun in the car. The white man told the driver to alight from the car and the driver obeyed. The white man entered the car, spent a few minutes in the car and came out with a pistol. He took the pistol and allowed the driver to go with the car. He said he didn't want to make a case out of it because he had already lost hope of finding the car. He also said he believed the driver was not the criminal that stole the car from him.

I agree with you but the blame is both ways .

If it found its way into Nigeria, Canada also allowed it slip through.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Jakumo(m): 7:55pm On Mar 11
immortalcrown:

The story about some random white guy openly displaying a pistol with police present in Nigeria is fabricated from start to finish because ONLY the Nigerian head of state can grant a handgun permit for any civilian, and El Presidente does NOT grant handgun permits to foreign nationals visiting or working in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Caleycash(m): 7:56pm On Mar 11
shortgun:
Nonsense!
What's the duty of the Canadian police and customs?
One will expect that a stolen vehicle will not be processed for export in Canada with a click a button.
I thought as much... why even allow the cars get into Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by ScamDemicEra: 7:56pm On Mar 11
... this is where a deal with RCMP would have helped Nigeria fight corruption, -that is if EFCC is really interested in fighting corruption to begin with.

For every car we help you recover, help us recover stolen money laundered/invested in real estate, stocks, bank accounts etc by our politicians in your country, or help us get intel from other western intelligence agencies
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by id4sho(m): 8:00pm On Mar 11
Who can remember Hammani Tijani
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by ipobcannibals: 8:03pm On Mar 11
MICHEALADEX:
Developers...that's where they get the money to develop Lagos

Awon gbajue supporters
For your information, it’s the accommodators that ship the stolen cars to Nigeria and sell to the developers in Nigeria. The crime is interwoven between the two groups

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by ipobcannibals: 8:06pm On Mar 11
ednut1:
Good, these frequent thefts impact our car insurance cost here. I dey pay over 300 CAD a month for car insurance 😭
You must be living in Brampton then, because that’s where they perpetrate the most insurance fraud by Indians , hence the high insurance rates.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by immortalcrown(m): 8:06pm On Mar 11
Jakumo:
The story about some random white guy openly displaying a pistol with police present in Nigeria is fabricated from start to finish because ONLY the Nigerian head of state can grant a handgun permit for any civilian, and El Presidente does NOT grant handgun permits to foreign nationals visiting or working in Nigeria.
I guess this your comment is not a response to my comment. Or, it is that you don't understand English?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by BigIyanga: 8:06pm On Mar 11
Saturnalia:
Haba! Importer and Exporter in the mud.

Do we not know before that the majority of Car Dealers in Nigeria are thieves hiding under the umbrella of “Importer & Exporter”?

The other day, a thread highlighting the current prices of cars made the front page of Nairaland and I was bewildered at the exorbitant & ridiculous price tags on these vehicles - which mostly are SALVAGED & FLOODED vehicles that are not worth “one third” of the nonsense price tags displayed on them.

Some imbeciles quoted my comment, attempting to justify those price tags due to the current USD rates - and I simply ignored them as usual.

The issue is, Nigerians are very greedy & self-centered lots who CAN NEVER EVER BE TRUSTED in anything.

My humble advice to the few morally upright & conscientious people that are left in this Country is this:

Whenever you see anybody anywhere blabbing about how wealthy & successful and commerce-driven they are, my brother, just know at the back of your mind that - ALL OF THEM, I repeat, ALL OF THEM are Cocaine Traffickers, Human Traffickers, Kidnappers, Rotualists and of course Automobile Thieves who will steal vehicles abroad and be selling them at exorbitant prices ALL IN THE NAME OF DOLLAR IS EXPENSIVE.

Agba Ofifo Lo Ma Ndun Gbagaun Gbagaun.

Empty Barrels Make The Loudest Noise.

You will never see the likes of Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga & Abdulsamad Rabiu huffing & puffing about their wealth or success.

It is always the empty criminally-minded vessels that will be shouting “I AM A TRILLIONAIRE” “I WILL FEED YOUR GENERATIONS”.

Less I forget, I saw this thread below some days ago with the title: “KING OF BILLIONAIRES” ; and a silent voice whispered to me: “By Their Fruits, You Shall Know Them”.

https://www.nairaland.com/8022894/darlington-nwabunike-meet-king-billionaires

Not making sense. It’s like saying that most used laptops and phones brought into Naija were stolen. Most of the retailers dont that used items might have been stolen? Is there any way to cross-check if a has been declared stolen by Naija police/Customs??

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by haphizz57(m): 8:11pm On Mar 11
[quote author=ednut1 post=128890441]Good, these frequent thefts impact our car insurance cost here. I dey pay over 300 CAD a month for car insurance
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by SouthSouth1914: 8:13pm On Mar 11
Th disgrace! One senator or HOR will purchase that car and park it in his garage. Nigeria is such a disgraceful place! Everything odd and bad lives here!
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Kaa4(m): 8:17pm On Mar 11
The cars should be sold and the proceeds repartrated back home to Canada. The importers of the cars should traced and who sold the cars over there should be found out and dealt with. It does not need any trouble. Some of the stolen cars are also in Ghana
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Willed042(m): 8:19pm On Mar 11
Saturnalia:
Haba! Importer and Exporter in the mud.

Do we not know before that the majority of Car Dealers in Nigeria are thieves hiding under the umbrella of “Importer & Exporter”?

The other day, a thread highlighting the current prices of cars made the front page of Nairaland and I was bewildered at the exorbitant & ridiculous price tags on these vehicles - which mostly are SALVAGED & FLOODED vehicles that are not worth “one third” of the nonsense price tags displayed on them.

Some imbeciles quoted my comment, attempting to justify those price tags due to the current USD rates - and I simply ignored them as usual.

The issue is, Nigerians are very greedy & self-centered lots who CAN NEVER EVER BE TRUSTED in anything.

My humble advice to the few morally upright & conscientious people that are left in this Country is this:

Whenever you see anybody anywhere blabbing about how wealthy & successful and commerce-driven they are, my brother, just know at the back of your mind that - ALL OF THEM, I repeat, ALL OF THEM are Cocaine Traffickers, Human Traffickers, Kidnappers, Rotualists and of course Automobile Thieves who will steal vehicles abroad and be selling them at exorbitant prices ALL IN THE NAME OF DOLLAR IS EXPENSIVE.

Agba Ofifo Lo Ma Ndun Gbagaun Gbagaun.

Empty Barrels Make The Loudest Noise.

You will never see the likes of Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga & Abdulsamad Rabiu huffing & puffing about their wealth or success.

It is always the empty criminally-minded vessels that will be shouting “I AM A TRILLIONAIRE” “I WILL FEED YOUR GENERATIONS”.

Less I forget, I saw this thread below some days ago with the title: “KING OF BILLIONAIRES” ; and a silent voice whispered to me: “By Their Fruits, You Shall Know Them”.

https://www.nairaland.com/8022894/darlington-nwabunike-meet-king-billionaires
To you those names you mentioned are not public thieves who short changed the common man because if their connections with public figures to become billionaire. Tell me one billionaire in Nigeria who has no baggage of corruption hanging on him or her. The way Folashade Alakija suddenly becomes a billionaire knowing the wife of a head state. My friend go and sit down. There are no righteous billionaire in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Cantonese: 8:20pm On Mar 11
Hmmm
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by mofedamijo(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11
2shure:
Most of the cars on nairaland are all stolen from abroad. I used to say this,but the fools will ban my account for speaking the truth. Nigeria is a cursed country for life.

Its not just a Nigeria thing, some of those stolen cars find thier way to Dubai, Ghana, etc.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10279427/stolen-cars-dubai-return-ontario/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto-man-finds-stolen-truck-in-uae-1.7083615

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by santaclaws: 8:22pm On Mar 11
immortalcrown:

The real question here is how were those vehicles able to leave Canada without the Canadian authorities being able to detect and stop the crime? The car tracker did most of the job here, stop hyping the Canadian law enforcement.

If anyone should be commended, it's the Nigerian Police and judicial system, cos it's very difficult to rule in favour of foreign nationals when your own citizens already paid for goods without knowing the source was theft. Same stolen cars are exported to UAE, Asia etc, it's not just Nigeria or African countries like Ghana etc.

It's been reported that cars are stolen easily in places like Ontario, nothing commendable about Canada's security when a whole car with tracker can get stolen, leave their cities, leave their ports and land in another continent...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Chibuzoripob: 8:30pm On Mar 11
sad AUTO THIEVES angry. Arrest and HANG them ALL angry
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Chetas81(m): 8:34pm On Mar 11
DEMORALISED HUMAN BEING LIVE IN NIGERIA
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Ubanz: 8:37pm On Mar 11
immortalcrown:

If Canadian securities were smarter how come over 350 stolen vehicles leave their shores for Nigeria without notice?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada by Forkthiefnubu: 8:39pm On Mar 11
So the jappa to canada is to start stealing cars right and creating problems for everyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK / LAUTECH Undergraduate Stabs Boyfriend To Death / Girl Who Left Ghana For Nigeria Is Missing (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.