Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* (1003 Views)

Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Khadija Lamido Sanusi Shakes Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by enemyofprogress: 9:02pm On Mar 11
*SANUSI LAMIDO Sanusi : NEVER A GOOD MAN BOTH IN CHARACTER AND SPEECHES*

By *Chuma Anene*

I saw the theatrical shedding of tears of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on tv over the death of his co traveller Herbert Wigwes and I couldn't help but laugh so much. He talked about how Wigwe on hearing when he was dethroned as Emir of Kano, arranged a chartered plane to airlift him and his family to Lagos and into already paid 5 star hotel rooms. And that this move by Wigwe saved him from going into exile in Nasarawa State. But what he didn't tell us is the amount of money exchanging hands bw him and his dubious and corrupt partners in crime in the banking industry.

This man called Sanusi Lamido Sanusi appear very gentle and seem to radiate good principles and positive norms. But, he's quite the opposite of that in practice. I have had reason to listen to this Islamic University graduate severally and I must confess hes got the power of stage speech. Hes got big liver you would say because he lacks stage fright and and has the ability to convince his listeners on some merits of govt's policies and the need to obey them.

Sometimes he pushes for people to accept and drive his personal ideas which he backs with stupendous impressions. With all these accolades said, this man has a very dark cupboard hidden with bigger structured skeletons that have consumed Nigeria as a whole. It is said that a mans words means nothing if he cannot back it up with actions. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi's case is such that he just can't support his laudable speeches with laudable actions.

In January 2012, Sanusi then as Governor of Cetral Bank committed the highest fraud in the banking industry by forcing Intercontinental Bank to be acquired by then very small Access Bank. In December 2018, Access Bank again acquired another bigger bank than them which is Diamond Bank. Both banks acquired were termed distressed and were going down. And I ask, how could Intercontinental Bank for example that has over 400b in liquidity and assets be bought over by Access Bank with less that 30b at that time? Is it not suppose to be the other way round?

I call Sanusi and Herbert's Wigwes relationship a criminal one. Sanusi empowered Wigwe, Elumelu, Jim Ovia etc. In fact he criminalized banking in Nigeria. For those who don't know, it is on record that Herbert Wigwes Access Bank which was not up to 20% in operating capital compared to Intercontinental Bank was allowed to take over Intercontinental Bank. Sanusi adjudged Intercontinental Bank distressed and forced a takeover by Wigwe's Access Bank. Summary is that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi brought criminality into banking in Nigeria and today's economic failures are as a result of the nefarious activities of these criminal banks.

One doesn't need to look far to see how large these guys are money wise. The inability of Nigerians to live better lives is due to the wickedness existing between govt and the banking industry. Forex and other unexplainable taxation on the poor masses and running dual exchange rates between govt and the banks. This unholy relationship between the two has imploded Nigeria's economy to irreparable state.

Sanusi must be held responsible for contributing to this massive failure of our nation through illegal and despicable mergers and acquisitions where smaller banks swallowed much bigger banks. What factory does Wigwe have to enable him have all this accolades and all the stupendous wealth flaunt all over the place including 10b naira personal house at Ikoyi and Wigwe University?

Hmmm, lots of young Nigerias destinies are tied to this corrupt gang of deceivers and cleptomeniacs who have murdered their future permanently. And it remains worrisome when some people praise these unpatriotic idiots.

Let it be known by all Nigerians that the crazy dollar rise against the Naira is as a result this type of roguish activities where bank top officials determine how much dollar is sold at black market. They receive dollar from CBN at the rate of 700 naira which are meant to be sold to those in need at the banks. But never, they will call in the dollar mallams who receives the dollars with their own price tag. This they do with minding how it hurts the common man. They get fat drinking the blood.of the sufferers and no wonder we are now where we are.

Rest in peace Herbert Wigwe. I remember meeting you in the mid 90s at the Access Bank, Olu Obasanjo Road, GRA, Port Harcourt. You looked well trimmed and resourceful. We could not continue to be friends because of our different ideas about success and friendship. Today, you have departed this world unannounced with the destinies of numerous Nigerians. How I wished your successful tenure on earth was different. Rest on though.

Copied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by Lanretoye(m): 9:09pm On Mar 11
enemyofprogress:

By *Chuma Anene*

I saw the theatrical shedding of tears of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on tv over the death of his co traveller Herbert Wigwes and I couldn't help but laugh so much. He talked about how Wigwe on hearing when he was dethroned as Emir of Kano, arranged a chartered plane to airlift him and his family to Lagos and into already paid 5 star hotel rooms. And that this move by Wigwe saved him from going into exile in Nasarawa State. But what he didn't tell us is the amount of money exchanging hands bw him and his dubious and corrupt partners in crime in the banking industry.

This man called Sanusi Lamido Sanusi appear very gentle and seem to radiate good principles and positive norms. But, he's quite the opposite of that in practice. I have had reason to listen to this Islamic University graduate severally and I must confess hes got the power of stage speech. Hes got big liver you would say because he lacks stage fright and and has the ability to convince his listeners on some merits of govt's policies and the need to obey them.

Sometimes he pushes for people to accept and drive his personal ideas which he backs with stupendous impressions. With all these accolades said, this man has a very dark cupboard hidden with bigger structured skeletons that have consumed Nigeria as a whole. It is said that a mans words means nothing if he cannot back it up with actions. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi's case is such that he just can't support his laudable speeches with laudable actions.

In January 2012, Sanusi then as Governor of Cetral Bank committed the highest fraud in the banking industry by forcing Intercontinental Bank to be acquired by then very small Access Bank. In December 2018, Access Bank again acquired another bigger bank than them which is Diamond Bank. Both banks acquired were termed distressed and were going down. And I ask, how could Intercontinental Bank for example that has over 400b in liquidity and assets be bought over by Access Bank with less that 30b at that time? Is it not suppose to be the other way round?

I call Sanusi and Herbert's Wigwes relationship a criminal one. Sanusi empowered Wigwe, Elumelu, Jim Ovia etc. In fact he criminalized banking in Nigeria. For those who don't know, it is on record that Herbert Wigwes Access Bank which was not up to 20% in operating capital compared to Intercontinental Bank was allowed to take over Intercontinental Bank. Sanusi adjudged Intercontinental Bank distressed and forced a takeover by Wigwe's Access Bank. Summary is that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi brought criminality into banking in Nigeria and today's economic failures are as a result of the nefarious activities of these criminal banks.

One doesn't need to look far to see how large these guys are money wise. The inability of Nigerians to live better lives is due to the wickedness existing between govt and the banking industry. Forex and other unexplainable taxation on the poor masses and running dual exchange rates between govt and the banks. This unholy relationship between the two has imploded Nigeria's economy to irreparable state.

Sanusi must be held responsible for contributing to this massive failure of our nation through illegal and despicable mergers and acquisitions where smaller banks swallowed much bigger banks. What factory does Wigwe have to enable him have all this accolades and all the stupendous wealth flaunt all over the place including 10b naira personal house at Ikoyi and Wigwe University?

Hmmm, lots of young Nigerias destinies are tied to this corrupt gang of deceivers and cleptomeniacs who have murdered their future permanently. And it remains worrisome when some people praise these unpatriotic idiots.

Let it be known by all Nigerians that the crazy dollar rise against the Naira is as a result this type of roguish activities where bank top officials determine how much dollar is sold at black market. They receive dollar from CBN at the rate of 700 naira which are meant to be sold to those in need at the banks. But never, they will call in the dollar mallams who receives the dollars with their own price tag. This they do with minding how it hurts the common man. They get fat drinking the blood.of the sufferers and no wonder we are now where we are.

Rest in peace Herbert Wigwe. I remember meeting you in the mid 90s at the Access Bank, Olu Obasanjo Road, GRA, Port Harcourt. You looked well trimmed and resourceful. We could not continue to be friends because of our different ideas about success and friendship. Today, you have departed this world unannounced with the destinies of numerous Nigerians. How I wished your successful tenure on earth was different. Rest on though.

Copied
no evidence…

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by OneCandleAway(f): 9:13pm On Mar 11
This writeup is sponsored by Ganduje the dollar stuffing man aka Gandollar

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by tommy589(m): 9:35pm On Mar 11
It's a dog chop dog world

Enjoy your life while it lasted

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by papyjaypaul: 11:33pm On Mar 11
To young Nigerians out there who were not born, I just want you to know that the consolidation of the banks started with Pa Sanusi before Chukwuma Soludo took over and Sanusi Lamido Sanusi completed the job. This is a paper that Soludo presented in 2004. Never let people deceive you with their personal problems. Nigeria had 89 banks before consolidation and some people were not happy when the 3nd Sanusi took CBN decision.

Do not die in their wars. He should tell us how STB bought UBA grin Wigwe died and you can see comments about Erastus Akingbola. They even say we should bring the Oceanic woman back. My people, do not die in their wars.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by astonished: 11:59pm On Mar 11
Nigerians youths are so dull and emotional, the only things they know is entertainment.

I made this same comment on twitter when the video of crocodile tears was posted

What more evidence do you need, about what led to end of intercontinental bank and oceanic bank.

The evidence is now clear to those who are blind by emotion.

Even from GT bank CEO, he mentioned wigwe was once rented a house besides intercontinental bank head quarter, pls do the math and use your head
Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by yarimo(m): 12:06am On Mar 12
Sanusi lamido sanusi is greater than any East leader dead or alive
enemyofprogress:

By *Chuma Anene*

Copied
Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by malali: 2:45am On Mar 12
[b]
Not unusual, for a smaller bank to acquire a larger bank.

While it's not common for banks with larger liquidity and asset bases to be acquired by banks with smaller liquidity and asset bases due to regulatory and financial considerations, there have been instances where such acquisitions have occurred, albeit in specific contexts. One example is the acquisition of Wachovia Corporation (USA Bank) by Wells Fargo(USA Bank) during the financial crisis in 2008.

At the time of the acquisition, Wachovia was struggling with significant losses in its mortgage portfolio and faced the risk of collapse. Despite being one of the largest banks in the United States in terms of assets, Wachovia's financial condition deteriorated rapidly during the crisis.

Wells Fargo, which was relatively healthier compared to Wachovia and had a strong liquidity position, stepped in to acquire Wachovia. This acquisition allowed Wells Fargo to expand its presence in key markets, and solidify its position as one of the largest banks in the United States.

While Wachovia had a larger asset base than Wells Fargo at the time of the acquisition, its deteriorating financial condition and the need for a buyer to prevent its collapse led to the acquisition by Wells Fargo, which had the financial strength and liquidity to absorb Wachovia's operations.

This acquisition highlights how exceptional circumstances, such as those during a financial crisis, can lead to banks with larger asset bases being acquired by banks with smaller asset bases but stronger financial positions.[/b]
Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by Shawnnn01: 3:37am On Mar 12
Long 3ssay with nothing tangible to say
Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by Buccalcavity2: 4:16am On Mar 12
People go just dey write crap. So was it Sanusi that helped them to acquire Diamond Bank too? Instead of you to learn from your superiors.
Those guys have mastered the art of inorganic growth. That is it!
They acquired Access Bank, Marina Bank, FSDH,Intercontinental, Diamond and a number of Banks abroad. Was it Sanusi? How come the institutions acquired became stronger.
I don't know if Sanusi or Saraki had motives but guys were prepared when others had issues at different stages, they bought and the rest is history.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by blowjohn(m): 5:05am On Mar 12
Buccalcavity2:
People go just dey write crap. So was it Sanusi that helped them to acquire Diamond Bank too? Instead of you to learn from your superiors.
Those guys have mastered the art of inorganic growth. That is it!
They acquired Access Bank, Marina Bank, FSDH,Intercontinental, Diamond and a number of Banks abroad. Was it Sanusi? How come the institutions acquired became stronger.
I don't know if Sanusi or Saraki had motives but guys were prepared when others had issues at different stages, they bought and the rest is history.

Mastered what art?
Ur comments are somehow abeg.

Ur making the banks look like saint financial institutions.

If u had a discerning spirit u wud sit and try and put the pizzles together about why so so so many rich people were running amok at the man's demise.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi : Never A Good Man Both In Character And Speeches* by Buccalcavity2: 5:26am On Mar 12
blowjohn:

Mastered what art?
Ur comments are somehow abeg.

Ur making the banks look like saint financial institutions.

If u had a discerning spirit u wud sit and try and put the pizzles together about why so so so many rich people were running amok at the man's demise.

There is nothing esoteric that you need to specially discern. They are ordinary guys like you and I who just live above a level of consciousness.
You avoided focusing on other acquisitions that had no Sanusi touch. Over 10 acquisitions.to.date.. All these companies became stronger. Was it all Sanusi?
All of them (CEO's and politicians) are that connected. You think there's a bank that didn't sponsor politicians? And Businesses are not moral courts...so I can't call anybody a saint.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Suit By Northern Groups Seeking To Force Igbos Out Of Nigeria / Loyalty Or Disloyalty, Which Do U Prefer / On Ghana At 50 And The Future Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.