Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

My Doctor Said No Salt Because Of My Blood Pressure. My Food Is So Tasteless� - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Doctor Said No Salt Because Of My Blood Pressure. My Food Is So Tasteless� (156 Views)

Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth / Doctor Said I Have Hypertitis B / Woman Shares Photos Of Her 4 Sons: "Doctor Said I Didn’t Have Enough Eggs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Doctor Said No Salt Because Of My Blood Pressure. My Food Is So Tasteless� by BPdoc: 10:17pm On Mar 11
Of course, at first it's going to be hard to adapt

But overtime, you'll get used to it

Understanding why your Doctor told you to stop taking salt might actually make it easier to cope

What does excess salt do?

Salt intake plays a significant role in blood pressure regulation,

So finding the right balance is very essential if you want to manage hypertension effectively.

Sodium is a key component of salt and excess of it can cause the body to retain water,

This can lead to an increase in blood volume and subsequently raising blood pressure.

The kidneys play a crucial role in regulating sodium levels in the body

But too much salt intake can overwhelm this regulatory system, contributing to hypertension.

How much salt should you take daily?

The recommended daily intake of sodium for most adults is 2,300 milligrams or less, which is roughly equivalent to about one teaspoon of salt

However, for individuals with hypertension or those at risk,

Healthcare professionals often recommend reducing sodium intake to 1,500 milligrams per day or less.

Reducing salt intake involves more than just avoiding the salt container at the dinner table or in the kitchen

No, there are many other sources of salt asides from your "Mr Chef Iodine Salt" that you use at home

Many processed and packaged foods, such as canned soups, processed meats, snacks, and fast food, contain high levels of hidden sodium

Reading food labels and choosing lower-sodium options whenever possible is crucial for managing salt intake.

Replacing high-sodium foods with fresh, whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains, can not only lower salt intake

but it can also promote overall cardiovascular health,

Herbs, spices, and other flavorings can be used to enhance the taste of meals without relying on salt.

It's important to note that salt sensitivity varies among individuals, so what works for one person may not necessarily apply to another.

Gradually reducing salt intake over time allows taste buds to adjust, making lower-sodium foods more palatable.

You can consider using herbs and spices like garlic, cinnamon, basil, thyme, and ginger to add flavor to their meals without increasing sodium intake.

These alternatives can enhance taste while promoting heart health.

Making small small changes to your dietary habits can lead to long-term improvements in blood pressure management and overall health.

Re: My Doctor Said No Salt Because Of My Blood Pressure. My Food Is So Tasteless� by BPdoc: 10:18pm On Mar 11
Hello everyone, my name is Dr. Debbie aka Bpdoc

I'm a Certified Graduate of Hypertension Management & Awareness from Alison Online School, Ireland

Also currently pursuing a Medical Degree (MBBS) @University Of Benin Teaching Hospital(UBTH)

I own an online community (BP Academy) where I teach people on how to normalize High Bp within 90 days or less using their lifestyle, with or without medications

I will be holding another Free One hour class this week. Venue is Whatsapp

For those interested, send a message stating "I'm Interested In The Training" to 09166584787

P.S: For serious-minded people only
Re: My Doctor Said No Salt Because Of My Blood Pressure. My Food Is So Tasteless� by BigYash: 8:22am On Mar 12
Nice one doc..

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Tell What This Is? Stones In Poop. / Best Exercise Programs For Weight Loss / Just How Much CBD Oil Should You Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.