Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict (4235 Views)

Fani Kayode Replies Dino For Mocking Tinubu Promises "Fire For Fire" (Video) / Bola Tinubu Promises Free WAEC Fees For Every Nigerian Child If Elected / Leaked Tape: Tinubu Promises APC Members Good Money If Buhari Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Racoon(m): 12:00am On Mar 12
President Bola Tinubu says it is not in his dictionary to abuse past governments. Tinubu spoke on Monday when he flagged off the food security and agricultural mechanisation programme in Niger state. The project is an initiative of the Niger state government focusing on the deployment of technology for large-scale agro-value chain development.

Ajuri Ngelale, media aide to the president, said in a statemen that Tinubu emphasised his administration’s commitment to ensuring food sufficiency and protecting local industries for sustainable economic growth. He said the event was another step in the food security agenda of his administration.

“We have seen the level of commitment here. We have seen leadership. The success of any leader will depend on the ability to do what needs to be done when it ought to be done,” the president said.

“It is now time for us to address the challenges and make Nigeria an economy of opportunities. We must care for our people; re-orient our people. I do not see why Nigeria cannot feed all students in its schools. I know what it means for roaming cows to eat crops and the vegetation of our land. I know it is painful.

“But when we re-orient the herder and make provision for cattle rearing, we can address that. You are the governors who are to provide us with land. I, as President, I am committed to providing a comprehensive programme that will solve this problem.”

Tinubu also appealed to sub-national governments, as an immediate intervention measure, to implement wage awards in their states to complement the efforts of the federal government in easing the burden of citizens, pending when the minimum wage is increased.

“I am equally here to partner with you to banish hunger. You are doing the job. And it is necessary for me to support you; it is mandatory as Nigerians,” he said.

“When you read newspapers, some of us are confused about whether to abuse the past or the present or to make excuses for the future. But that is not in my dictionary. I think action now, re-engineer the finances of our country and steer it on the right path.

“The student loan programme will commence. There will be unemployment benefits for our graduates. The social security benefits for the elderly and the vulnerable will commence. We are fine-tuning all of that area. We need to relieve our people of hunger.

“Let all the sub-nationals start paying wage awards, pending when the minimum wage is increased. I am not giving an order; I am only appealing. NEC should adopt this.”

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-im-re-engineering-nigerias-finances-abusing-past-governments-not-in-my-dictionary/amp?/tinubu-im-re-engineering-nigerias-finances-abusing-past-governments-not-in-my-dictionary

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Racoon(m): 12:01am On Mar 12
President Bola Tinubu says it is not in his dictionary to abuse past governments. When you read newspapers, some of us are confused about whether to abuse the past or the present or to make excuses for the future.
Bloody Hypocrite! He always thinks he is talking to his zombies. He deliberately does not want to remember when he didn't just abused the person of Jonathan but also his wife and office.

Yet he shamelessly went to beg the same man for forgiveness just because of his wicked emilokan jamboree. This kind of humanity is someone that should be a case study for chronic lies, hypocrisy,corruption and wickedness. Meanwhile the receipts are still archived for you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by yarimo(m): 12:01am On Mar 12
Well said from a man that knows what is good governernce, Nigerians are lucky and happy to have TINUBU as president .

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by aariwa(m): 12:02am On Mar 12
That’s not your job emilokan, leave that for bayo . Your job is to try and match the record of the worst president in African history Muhammad buhari because as at now you are performing worse than buhari abysmal record shockingly

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Racoon(m): 12:05am On Mar 12
Someone whose legendary exploits have made Buhari a saint in cluelessness, ineptitude and incompetency.

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by MADIFF: 12:08am On Mar 12
I don't expect you to since he is your Party man.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by TANID(m): 12:18am On Mar 12
yarimo:
Well said from the man that knows what is good governernce, Nigerians are lucky and happy to have TINUBU as president

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Creamypie(m): 12:20am On Mar 12
When I talk am say even as buhari government useless reach, we go miss am if this frog venture enter that seat, I was attacked. Now see

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by NoSmoking: 12:28am On Mar 12
JAGABAN BORGU

💪

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Massiveglory: 12:48am On Mar 12
yarimo:
Well said from the man that knows what is good governernce, Nigerians are lucky and happy to have TINUBU as president

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Kukutenla: 1:02am On Mar 12
You go to the state whose gov says he's anti-palliative to make appeal for states to pay wage awards?
This man is only good with sweet talks and soundbites. One thing he's not going to do.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Ofunaofu: 1:26am On Mar 12
yarimo:

But his supporters abuses everyone, and everything for your failures
Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Chibuzoripob: 1:30am On Mar 12
angry giving Eluuups 🐀 🐀 🐀 🐀 heartache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by yarimo(m): 1:35am On Mar 12
Ofunaofu:

But his supporters abuses everyone, and everything for you failures
in late IGP voice.. operation fire for fire, if you know you know

15 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Usmanovic95(m): 3:26am On Mar 12
Campaign after election

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by limeta(f): 3:29am On Mar 12
You your party is the past government is understandable is bulala all the way

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Shutup1st(f): 5:53am On Mar 12
I hope say no be after this talk the real conflict go start

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Pristine664: 5:53am On Mar 12
Shutup1st:
I hope say no be after this talk the real conflict go start

Let it start in your home.

Since una no wan get sense

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Kay25(m): 5:54am On Mar 12
Racoon:
Bloody Hypocrite! He always thinks he is talking to his zombies. He deliberately does not want to remember when he didn't just abused the person of Jonathan but also his wife and office.

Yet he shamelessly went to beg the same man for forgiveness just because of his wicked emilokan jamboree. This kind of humanity is someone that should be a case study for chronic lies, hypocrisy,corruption and wickedness. Meanwhile the receipts are still archived for you.
Calm down every opposition does that .he is now the president and he is telling u he is not going to do the blame game that's totally different from what u re insinuating

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Theunbothered: 5:54am On Mar 12
What's so funny about the current situation is everyone involved was warned but didn't listen. grin

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Pristine664: 5:56am On Mar 12
Racoon:

So much negative energy 😂

Lol

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by malali: 5:56am On Mar 12
The president can not do everything, thats why you have the senate.
Let them organize hearings between the herders and the farmers representative.
Farmers how do we guarantee your safety and crops
Herders how do we guarantee your safety and cow herds

1-Problems will be identified
2-Possible solution will be entertained
3-Least costly most effective trial solutions will be selected.

We might not get it right the first, second or third time, but at least there is a process in place.
Eventually we will get a lasting solution.
Have open/closed door senate hearings, let Nigerians see transparency in your effort, so that if it doesn't work eventually, everyone knows you tried.
Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:00am On Mar 12
Promise Anumpama

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by itelima: 6:02am On Mar 12
Oga ( Tinubu) who we go blame now wey na you they powerful...

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Didijiji: 6:04am On Mar 12
Seeing this Ajuri self gets me angry

Reminds me of Buhari and the failure that came with that government

Ajuri was used as the propaganda machine to raise false hope as a media aide

Now the same pattern continues

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by free2ryhme: 6:05am On Mar 12

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:05am On Mar 12
NoSmoking:
JAGABAN BORGU

💪

APC chieftain.
Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by ScamDemicEra: 6:06am On Mar 12
............. wait make I commot my dress !!!!!

May OLODUMARE hasten the expiry date.
Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:06am On Mar 12
malali:
The president can not do everything, thats why you have the senate.
Let them organize hearings between the herders and the farmers representative.
Farmers how do we guarantee your safety and crops
Herders how do we guarantee your safety and cow herds

1-Problems will be identified
2-Possible solution will be entertained
3-Least costly most effective trial solutions will be selected.

We might not get it right the first, second or third time, but at least there is a process in place.
Eventually we will get a lasting solution.
Have open/closed door senate hearings, let Nigerians see transparency in your effort, so that if it doesn't work eventually, everyone knows you tried.

If you are a Nigerian, and your family and village do farm, after suffering to plant crops, before or during harvesting, cows with humans called herders destroys them.

IF YOU AIn't DELUSIONAL, what is the solution, which sane country allows cow herding?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by meolaniyi(m): 6:06am On Mar 12
Tinubu should tale land from Governors from the SW.
No ruga in the South East

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by malali: 6:16am On Mar 12
Ikpunekenwa:

If you are a Nigerian, and your family and village do farm, after suffering to plant crops, before or during harvesting, cows with humans called herders destroys them.

IF YOU AIn't DELUSIONAL, what is the solution, which sane country allows cow herding?

You can make your point politely, no need to curse.
Nigeria has dry season in the North, transmigration of animals seasonally is a well described phenomenon, even in the wild.
Only way cow meet has subsidy in Nigeria/Africa is because they roam to feed.
If you tie down a cow to feed till maturity, the cheapest cow in the market will be 5 million naira minimum.
So herding actually benefits all of us, however these has increased clashes with farmers, which we can get together and find a solution to.

See i didn't curse or abuse you smiley.
Learn to talk like that.
Re: President Tinubu Promises To Address Farmer/Herders Conflict by bewla(m): 6:17am On Mar 12
Good one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Suspended For Street Fighting / Reps Only Spent 107 Days In Plenary In 2012 / Things You Don't Know About The National Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.