Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

I Was Set Up –baba Suwe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Set Up –baba Suwe (704 Views)

I Was Set Up - Baba Suwe / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby / NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Was Set Up –baba Suwe by loabb2(m): 1:23am On Nov 14, 2011
Ace comedian, Babatunde Omidina, (aka Baba Suwe), has described himself as a victim of a conspiracy by faceless individuals who were envious of his exploits in his chosen profession.

Baba Suwe gave the verdict on Sunday during a press conference addressed by his lawyers led by Mr Bamidele Aturu. Reflecting on the event at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja shortly before his arrest on October 12, 2011 by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), the renowned comedian said that he was only told to enter an office to meet with the NDLEA men.

“As soon as I arrived at the airport, a woman sitting at the counter just asked me to go inside one room where the NDLEA officials were. As soon as I entered the room, they arrested me. Nobody told me my offence even when I demanded”, he said.

Explaining the dehumanizing treatment Baba Suwe was subjected to, Aturu who told the gathering that the comedian was now a free man as the anti-narcotic agency had returned all the items seized from him including wristwatch, jewelries and three mobile phones, said they were going back to the court to seek redress.
“He was chained in the legs like a common criminal. They asked him to lie down, they wanted to beat him, but common sense prevailed. He was asked to wear gloves and search for narcotics in his own excreta. That is quite unacceptable. We are going to sue for damages.

He noted that even the two reports relied on by the agency were materially contradictory. According to the human rights lawyer, while the report of October 26 speculated that there was a substance, that of October 28 revealed there was no foreign burden in his system.

Baba Suwe who showed the scar of his manacled ankle to journalists, said he could not pinpoint those that masterminded his ordeal, but was convinced that he was a victim of a set-up.
Re: I Was Set Up –baba Suwe by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 14, 2011
baba suwe comedy Ndlea comedy
Re: I Was Set Up –baba Suwe by loabb2(m): 3:40am On Nov 14, 2011
NOLLYWOOD actor, Babatunde Omidina, popularly known as Baba Suwe, who was detained recently by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) when he was suspected to be concealing banned narcotic substance in his stomach, has vowed to sue the anti-drug agency for violation of his rights to dignity.

The popular actor, who narrated how he was allegedly leg-chained by NDLEA officials, also vowed to challenge the various medical tests conducted on him during the period for being done without his consent.

Addressing journalists in Lagos yesterday on his ordeals in the hands of NDLEA officials before his release on the orders of Justice Yetunde Idowu of the Lagos High Court on November 4, Baba Suwe said he was treated as a common criminal while in detention.

The actor said he was not only leg-chained, but forced to rummage his excrete with a glove by the doctors in search of any banned narcotic substances.

“I believed that I was set up because immediately I approached the counter, a lady directed me to proceed to the NDLEA office. There was no check, before I was so directed. Afterwards, I was leg-chained in their office as a common criminal. My system was flushed several times, and at a time, I was forced to rummage my faeces in search of banned substances,” he added.

Baba Suwe, who denied having been caught with drugs in his life, said he was taken to various hospitals where drugs were administered on him both in the anus and mouth, leading to his excreting for over 25 times without any banned drugs found in them.
Re: I Was Set Up –baba Suwe by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2011

(1)

Beyonce’s Baby Due Date Kept Secret For Protection / Beyonce Pregnant News Tops Twitter’s 16 Biggest Moments Of 2011 / Nollywood Actor John Okafor (mr Ibu) Loses Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.