Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

Akpabio Urges Public Officers To Work With ‘anger’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Urges Public Officers To Work With ‘anger’ (470 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Ambode Leading Officers To Arrest Traffic Offenders In Ijora (Photos) / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio Urges Public Officers To Work With ‘anger’ by Beaf: 4:28am On Nov 14, 2011
[size=14pt]Akpabio urges public officers to work with ‘anger’[/size]
On November 14, 2011 · In News

Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State has charged public officers to imbibe the spirit of anger in their drive towards delivering on their cam-paign promises as this was the only way they could meet the yearnings of the people who elected them into power.

Governor Akpabio stated this in his speech shortly after he and other members of the Nigerian Law School Class of ’88 were given awards for their outstan-ding performance in their areas of endeavour at the Lagos Motor Boat Club, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Akpabio said: “When I took over as governor of my state, I approached development with anger because that was not the position my state should be over 20 years after it was created. Akwa Ibom State is now a destination point because of the infrastructural renaissance and uncommon transforma-tion in the state.

“Everybody wants to be in Akwa Ibom State because that is where things are happening. If I was not angry, I don’t know where we would have been by now and that is why I recommend that kind of behaviour to all public officers who want to achieve something great.”

Akpabio was described by his colleagues as a true ambassador of the Nigerian Law School.

While presenting the award for Excellence in Governance to the governor, Senator Joy Emordi, said: “We are proud of your achievements in Akwa Ibom State.”

“I visited your state and I am very proud to say that you turned around that state from what it used to be to the centre of attraction.”

I am happy that you are a product of the class of ’88. Keep it up.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/akpabio-urges-public-officers-to-work-with-%e2%80%98anger/
Re: Akpabio Urges Public Officers To Work With ‘anger’ by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:18am On Nov 14, 2011
That gov. Has made akwa ibom a place of beauty
Re: Akpabio Urges Public Officers To Work With ‘anger’ by CyberG: 6:05am On Nov 14, 2011
"Anger" - How? This makes sense for Nigerians in Naija for sure but for Nigerians out of Nigeria, it's totally scary! Imagine showing up in a government office here and be met by an "angry" worker??

(1) (Reply)

More Than Just Voting? / 80 Year Old Woman Kidnapped / Sylva Backs Down On Kick-starting Campiagn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.