Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! (462 Views)

Volvo Technicians Needed / Autologic, One Of The Best Auto Technicians Nigeria Has Ever Produced / Wheel Alignment And Balancing Technicians' Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by ifedo(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12
I bought my Honda Accord 2007 (DC) and I have been using for over 3 years. The AC has been superb and suddenly the cooling started reducing. I thought it was gas…fast forward, i took it to an AC tech who successfully damaged the whole compressor and said I will have to buy a new one. I couldn’t argue because I’ve used the current one for over 3 years. My discovery is that they are all inflating the price of compressor. Does anyone have a trusted AC technician in Abuja? Please help!!! Heat too much o

1 Like

Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by advanceDNA: 12:41pm On Mar 12
Is there anything that the price isn't inflated in Nigeria?? Dollar don go up..u can't get tokunbo compressor of ur car for less than 80-100k, if not more seff...
Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by VeryWickedMan: 1:21pm On Mar 12
ifedo:
I bought my Honda Accord 2007 (DC) and I have been using for over 3 years. The AC has been superb and suddenly the cooling started reducing. I thought it was gas…fast forward, i took it to an AC tech who successfully damaged the whole compressor and said I will have to buy a new one. I couldn’t argue because I’ve used the current one for over 3 years. My discovery is that they are all inflating the price of compressor. Does anyone have a trusted AC technician in Abuja? Please help!!! Heat too much o

This must be Kabiru, my trainee.

Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by fineboynl(m): 3:21pm On Mar 12
Installing new compressor needs someone who has been in it for years
Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by kelvinmnet(m): 8:53am On Mar 13
Hey bro, I would like to ask as am not sure this is a general behavior of the accord.

When you turn ON your AC when your engine is idling, does it have an obvious effect on the engine?

When in motion and the AC is turned ON, does it have an effect on the movement of the car, like requiring more power to move the car?

I have seen this in a couple of Honda Accord series and want to know if its a general behavior.

ifedo:
Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by Ahmadm(m): 2:35pm On Mar 13
08037862109 his name is PASTOR and he has a standard workshop at Utako, close to Berger, He fixed my Car AC since Feb 2022 and its been chilling like mortuary ever since
ifedo:

1 Like

Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by fineboynl(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13
kelvinmnet:
Hey bro, I would like to ask as am not sure this is a general behavior of the accord.

When you turn ON your AC when your engine is idling, does it have an obvious effect on the engine?

When in motion and the AC is turned ON, does it have an effect on the movement of the car, like requiring more power to move the car?

I have seen this in a couple of Honda Accord series and want to know if its a general behavior.

no it's not. My accord doesn't do that. Although it's v6.
Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by kelvinmnet(m): 7:16am On Mar 14
oh since its a v6, it wont happen. I have noticed that only on 4 plugs.

fineboynl:
no it's not. My accord doesn't do that. Although it's v6.
Re: Help!! Abuja AC Technicians Are Scary! by fineboynl(m): 12:10pm On Mar 14
kelvinmnet:
oh since its a v6, it wont happen. I have noticed that only on 4 plugs.

not just honda same thing with Toyota . Became notable when the engine loses some power. Unlike v6

(1) (Reply)

Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Vehicles, Fuel Injector Nozzles. / Car Talk / Urgently Needed: A Box-truck Mechanic (2001 Intl Truck 4300)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.