Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,877 members, 7,862,949 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

A'ibom Government Seeks Partnership With Parallex Bank On Enterprise Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A'ibom Government Seeks Partnership With Parallex Bank On Enterprise Development (86 Views)

Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project / Edo Government Seeks Oshiomhole’s Arrest And Prosecution / Osun Government Seeks China’s Support For Airport Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A'ibom Government Seeks Partnership With Parallex Bank On Enterprise Development by Elijah205: 11:31pm On Mar 12
...as bank opens branch in Uyo

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno, has tasked the management of Parallex Bank to reel out financial services that will complement the ARISE Agenda of his administration to further promote and support entrepreneurship in the State.

Speaking at the official opening of its Uyo Branch, the 12th in the country, Governor Eno welcomed the bank to state and expressed the willingness of the government to work with the bank in a way that will benefit both the State and its citizenry.

He assured the bank of State government's resolve to provide financial facilities for citizens of the State at modest interest rates that would encourage the growth of small and medium scale enterprises in the State.

"We welcome you very warmly to Akwa Ibom State and to assure you that we will do our best to support you. We just hope that your coming will increase the tempo of financial services in our state and we hope to partner with you in a way that will bring benefit to both the State and the citizenry.

"We want you to touch on the issue of interest rate. We will see how to partner with you to ensure that our people, particularly, SMEs, have the support they require to grow their businesses."

Governor Eno who commended the bank's pace of growth, noted that with the prevailing business friendly atmosphere in the State, Parallex Bank will see the need to expand its operations and that Akwa Ibomites will someday also sit on the board of the bank.

The Governor who had earlier recieved the management team on a courtesy visit in his office, lauded the composition of the bank's Board of Directors with reputable Christian leaders, and charged them to live up to public expectations in line with its posture of probity.

"I know your bank was incorporated in 2020, having previously operated as a micro finance bank for some time. So we want to congratulate you for the growth that you have witnessed in the last three years in technology and superior customer services and all of the things that you have done. These days, banking has gone beyond the armchair, you need to know your customers, they need to trust you.

"I trust that working with you , you will not betray the trust that God Himself has put on our shoulders. This is because every time I prepare to come to work, I tell God to help me not to betray that trust that He has placed on me, and to help me be a servant leader. I look forward to working with you," Governor Eno noted .

Earlier, the Chairman of the Bank's Board of Directors, Dr. Adeola Phillips, expressed appreciation for the enabling environment created by the Governor Umo Eno- led government in the State which, she affirmed, facilitated the bank's smooth take-off and pledged to partner Akwa Ibom people towards achieving great heights.

Leading the audience through the operational tenets of the bank, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr Olufemi Baker, assured the Akwa Ibom public of seamless digital and professional operations, with collaborative relationships built on trust and customer satisfaction.

(1) (Reply)

The Unspeakable Features Of Nigerian Politics / Obaseki Reforms / SWAN President Says Ige Remains Deputy Secretary General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.