Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba (10898 Views)

Two Suspected One-Chance Robbers Escape As Mob Tries To Set Them Ablaze / Uber Driver, 2 Traffickers, ATBU Student Caught With Cocaine, 3kg Skunk (Pics) / Aondover Ikyenge Asemah: Missing Driver In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by OgaDeyVex: 11:12am On Mar 13
Fifteen Passengers Comprising Women and Children went missing in an attack on an 18-seater bus heading from Zaki/Biam in Benue State to Maihura in Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State, on Tuesday.

The Heavily Armed Men Suspected to be Vigilante Group attacked the bus at Gamkwe Village, located at Maraban-Baisa in Donga Local Government Area of the state.

The Driver of the Bus, Mr. Mpuuga Mbaave who escaped the scene of the incident with machete wounds, while speaking with our correspondent on phone, said the armed Vigilante Group were in large numbers with guns, machetes and other light arms.

“I loaded 18 passengers from Zaki/Biam. Immediately after Maraba, I saw many people in Vigilante Group uniforms, they were many, I suspected something was wrong, I then stopped but one of the villagers told me that I should go saying two members of the Vigilante Group were killed by kidnappers, that was why they gathered, that there is no problem, I should proceed.

“As I moved closer, some of the Vigilante Group started shouting, kill all of them. It’s their people that killed our members, they started attacking the passengers and cutting them with machetes.

They removed all of us, forced us to lie facedown, my bus was still on. When I discovered that it was getting out of hands, I decided to jump up to the bus and left the passengers, my conductor also followed me, all of us were cut with machetes and blood was rushing out of our bodies, that was how we escaped and left the passengers in their hands,” Mpuuga recounted.

The Chairman of Doonga Local Government Council, Hon. Ezra Voka confirmed the incident to LEADERSHIP on phone, saying he was already in the nearby forest in search of the victims.

“Please my friend, I’m already in the bush in search for the missing people, we can’t talk much now till when I get more information from here,” Voka Said.

Source: https://leadership.ng/15-passengers-missing-driver-2-others-escape-as-gunmen-attack-bus-in-taraba/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by OgaDeyVex: 11:12am On Mar 13
God Almighty Protect Travellers From EVIL

5 Likes

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Zonefree(m): 11:13am On Mar 13
Kidnapping is now a norm in Nigeria. No thanks to APC and Tinubu.

23 Likes

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by chicfarmer: 11:29am On Mar 13
Maybe we should just shut down the country and reset everything. How can we continue with this level of insecurity? Surely, even Somalia and Afghanistan can't be this bad.
WTH is going on?
Where is our Police and military? If they cannot cope maybe we should consider using military security contractors. People cannot just keep getting kidnapped and killed so wantonly when we no dey under Taliban. Haba!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by dettolgel: 11:30am On Mar 13
Where is Shetima that is supposed to be in charge of security?

Where are those that love to carry Igbo and Yoruba matter for head like gala, please come here we need all your effort and energy here.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Olympiacos(m): 11:30am On Mar 13
God please heal Nigeria. Make Nigeria a better place to live.

1 Like

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by obinna58(m): 11:31am On Mar 13
Nigeria should be extinct, no human deserves a country like Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Bioboy1213(m): 11:31am On Mar 13
Hmmm
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by BobbieZion(m): 11:31am On Mar 13
Concrete jungle..
Nigeria is nauseating.

Next time when you go to church and the pastor tells you to pray for Nigeria.......
Tell him that God has left Naija.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by seeker121(m): 11:32am On Mar 13
Getting worse day in day out and our service chiefs always holding meetings everyday all talks no action.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by nams77: 11:32am On Mar 13
What is happening in this country? This has gotten out of hands. Soon they will graduate to grabbing people from their homes

We sell beautiful lands:

Owerri.

Asaba.

Warri
Check my profile
Benin
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by AMAUCHESKY(m): 11:33am On Mar 13
God will help us
But
Burn that bad habit before it burns you
Contact me via my signature
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by jetwonder(m): 11:33am On Mar 13
grin grin grin
This country na-waaaooo
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by reiddecuti: 11:33am On Mar 13
Does Nigeria still have a government? NO! We have groups of people who found Nigeria as an enterprise instead of as a nation.

With all these crisis at hand NASS members were busy accusing and counter-accusing themselves about money to be shared.

Government has refused to take up their responsibility thereby abating insecurity in the land.

If you either support this failure of government by association, ethnicity, religion, tribe, political party, etc, note Thatcher tou survive toda doesn't guaranty tour survival tomorrow.

Soonest (I mean in 2, 5, 10 Years or more), if the government refused to do anything, this precious country might be overrun by terrorists and co.

Even now, it is difficult for government to sterm the tide.
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by MrCover: 11:34am On Mar 13
Keshimoneyy:
This is really becoming crazy

This Is The Reason Why Oga Just Dey Vex ooo
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by SoNature(m): 11:35am On Mar 13
What's the update on the attacked GUO bus?

Why are Nigerians this docile and stolid?

Watch Amaechi describe Nigerians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1E_4eoqqA?si=mek91Vk6LbZr9kzh
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by NkanuSon: 11:37am On Mar 13
So this is what the west can offer us
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by wink2015(m): 11:39am On Mar 13
NIGERIA MUST BE ONE.

I hope the likes of General Gowon is seeing what is going on.

His own people in the middlebelt are tasting the so called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by ElonEmpire: 11:41am On Mar 13
American movie indeed. You jump into the bus your conductor follow you and they allow your bus go just like that, only machete cut not gun wound,Hollywood.

You never start to talk true

2 Likes

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Frankfun30: 11:42am On Mar 13
[i][/i]This trash is getting out of hand. Just last night two young boys were kidnapped in my village. Umuogem ufuma. I really can't comprehend what is going in this country. And all this cows that call themselves our leader are busy sharing money here and there
OgaDeyVex:

Source: https://leadership.ng/15-passengers-missing-driver-2-others-escape-as-gunmen-attack-bus-in-taraba/
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by CorrectionFLuid: 11:42am On Mar 13
As I moved closer, some of the Vigilante Group started shouting, kill all of them. It’s their people that killed our members, they started attacking the passengers and cutting them with machetes.

Exactly how an entire ethnic group paid the price for something a few people comprising of all the major tribes did.

Nigeria is not one, and can never be one even in a thousand years.

Break up this country into at least 6 different countries. Each government will become closer to their people, and when that happens, the people will become more involved in government, they will feel less helpless, and will vote better leaders who they can demand accountability from.

End Nigeria to save lives.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Houseofglam7(f): 11:43am On Mar 13
😫😫😫😫😫
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by triple996(m): 11:44am On Mar 13
TiVo vs jukun
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by IamAtAnger: 11:45am On Mar 13
Something is fishy here... make dem interrogate that driver and him conductor well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Angelfrost(m): 11:48am On Mar 13
We described the nation as being in autopilot under Buhari...!

Abeg, what do we call the current state of the nation?!! Crash landing?!!

It's looking like security is non-existent in this nation.

1 Like

Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Pootle: 11:57am On Mar 13
arrest the driver, him nd conductor escape even one passenger no follow.
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by dante12412(m): 12:09pm On Mar 13
Frankfun30:
[i][/i]This trash is getting out of hand. Just last night two young boys were kidnapped in my village. Umuogem ufuma. I really can't comprehend what is going in this country. And all this cows that call themselves our leader are busy sharing money here and there

Hmm...bro ufuma is in Enugu,right?
That's my mother's village, but her's is Inyi n'achi in the same Enugu state.
Re: 15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba by Kennitrust(m): 12:12pm On Mar 13
Nigeria is falling apart.

Did those secured countries we traveled to today passed through this nightmare as a country?

Hmmm! Now this news has become a normal news in the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drug Addict Confesses To Causing Johannesburg Fire That Killed 76 People / Bomb Explosion Hits Dalori Quarters In Maiduguri / Customs Seizes 2,430 Bags Of Rice In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.