Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali (15564 Views)

Today Is Finidi George's 50th Birthday. / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) / Aka Udofia Offers $20,000 Per Goal Scored By Eagles Against Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Chibikay: 7:49am On Mar 14
Ha
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Herkim(m): 7:52am On Mar 14
We need indigenous coach for Nigeria super eagles. Whether if it's finidi George or Emmanuel amuneke or Samson siasia or Sunday oliseh

3 Likes

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Nairalander248: 7:54am On Mar 14
EreluRoz:
Potbelly on a footballer? undecided

Footballer or Manager. ??

1 Like

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by LordCenturion(m): 7:56am On Mar 14
I prefer either amunike or Samson siasia, but the issue with siasia is his ban that will expire in August which is too far, after both,the next candidate is finidi George, but we haven't seen what he was capable yet
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by sulaak(m): 7:58am On Mar 14
robosky02:
Am not impress with this move
Why give finidi George an edge over the others who also applied

Do the interview ... and appoint the new coach now

If Finidi George leads then and they win this NFF will just appoint him but is he the best?

I think he will be good sometimes in the future but for now he is not ripe for super Eagles

With all standard Emmanuel Amunike is ahead of him for now.

At best appoint Amunike and let Finidi George assist

Finidi was the assistant to Presario, hence it makes perfect sense that he takes the immediate friendlies with Ghana and Mali, if he passes the audition them he will be in the forefront at the next SE coach.

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by ukzenlumbs(m): 8:01am On Mar 14
I just hope he does well...¿
But this Nigeria Football Federation nah character oo...
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by AareGaa: 8:04am On Mar 14
robosky02:

If Finidi George leads then and they win this NFF will just appoint him but is he the best?

I think he will be good sometimes in the future but for now he is not ripe for super Eagles

Because Amunike is your bloda.

Heebo and clannishness!
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by epainos: 8:07am On Mar 14
robosky02:

How do you know that he isn't ripe for the job? Have you tested him?

Why do you want to rush the interview process? So cos we have matches ahead, they should rush the interview process...right?

NFF is not going to rush the process, and I support it. Finidi is the present assistant, and it is right to allow him to go ahead. This is normal.

Listen, every assistant is a potential leader. This is the rule all over the world for every role. What has he learned from the ex-leader? Let him go ahead and show us. If he passes, then he gets it. To me, it is fair. Though, the panel is still there to evaluate the process.

The only issue with anything in Nigeria is corruption. Those guys making the decision may appoint a coach who they can control and make more money from, and if this happens, we will keep losing just the way Nigeria is already losing it politically, economically, and as a nation in general.

1 Like

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by AareGaa: 8:07am On Mar 14
robosky02:

Amunike comes first in the pecking order

Amunike has better experience

Coach local team
Coach African teams
Groomed most of this boys....

So why delay him from taking over

Go and appoint him as a biaflan coach
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Rumundele(m): 8:08am On Mar 14
Which kind report be dis? Continue to repeat who is going to be in the dugout making the report boring to read
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by jaxxy(m): 8:09am On Mar 14
robosky02:

has any of their processes or votes brought out the best?

What makes emmanuel amunike the best for the team? when they are all still on same level just like eguavoun and olise. They are all doing trial and error work.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by BarrElChapo(m): 8:11am On Mar 14
Busiconsult010:
JAPA?

Are you tired of facing visa denials or relying on dubious agents? Achieve your UK, USA, or Canada Visa (student visa, family visa, tourist visas, work visas, ancestry visas, Express Entry, and more) hassle-free on your own at the first attempt with our comprehensive, step-by-step eBook, 'VISA SECRETS' guide. Authored by a team of seasoned consultants with extensive experience in visa consultation.

This eBook covers:

Common Challenges Unveiled: Discover and conquer the hurdles faced by Nigerian visa applicants to get your visa on the first attempt.

Visa Types Made Simple: A comprehensive guide to visa types for the USA, Canada, and the UK, coupled with clear eligibility criteria for each type.

Preparation Unveiled: Uncover tips for gathering necessary documents, understanding photo requirements, and ensuring accurate form completion to get your visa on the first attempt.

Application Mastery: Navigate the online application portal flawlessly, dodge submission pitfalls, and troubleshoot technical hurdles effortlessly to get your visa on the first attempt.

Financial Prowess: Grasp the financial requirements, exhibit stability, and master the art of handling visa application to get your visa on the first attempt.

Crafting an Impactful Letter: Learn the secrets to creating a compelling cover letter, understand dos and don'ts in visa application writing, and access sample templates tailored for various visa purposes to get your visa on the first attempt.

Interview Readiness: Prepare for the visa interview with confidence! Get an overview of the process, ace common questions, and practice with mock scenarios to get your visa on the first attempt.

Overcoming Challenges: Tackle travel history concerns, strategize against previous rejections, and manage unique circumstances like family applications to get your visa on the first attempt.

Post-Application Finesse: Gain insights into processing times and effortlessly track your application status.

Smooth Travel Tips: Prepare for your journey! Learn pre-departure necessities, navigate airports and immigration checkpoints, ensuring a seamless entry into your destination country, alongside numerous extra resources to guide you through your visa application journey.

Stop relying on dubious agent!

exclusive offer: Get a whopping 80% discount! Grab this invaluable EBOOK now for just 3,000 NAIRA instead of the usual 15,000 NAIRA! Hurry! Act now and seize this incredible offer!

Only a few copies of this e-book are available for sale to avoid saturation.

call or WhatsApp 070 14 60 32 46 to get your copy now!!!

Buy E book to japa, you that is writing are you abroad ? 😭😭😭
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Solsix(m): 8:16am On Mar 14
robosky02:

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by lakesidepapa(m): 8:31am On Mar 14
Noniblaq:
Wetin Jay Jay Okocha Dey do na. He should go into coaching soon, abi na bet king be the calling ? If you own a boutique in Nigeria see my thread for an amazing offer.

The likes of Okocha, Ronaldinho and Neymar will have eyesore career as a coach...
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by femi4: 8:40am On Mar 14
robosky02:

Finidi was already part of the team. Besides, it's a temporary appointment

Finidi is no stranger to the team as he was one of Peseiro’s assistants at the 2023 AFCON in Ivory Coast.

The ex-Real Betis man could still land the job permanently, though, as he is one of the leading candidates who applied for the job.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Yestogood: 8:49am On Mar 14
robosky02:

Finidi is currently the assistant manager.

Continuity. That's the only reason. This doesn't mean he has an edge.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Jayhome24: 8:59am On Mar 14
EreluRoz:

But this is not fair. Pls stop insulting people it's not good.

Finidi was with the squad in last AFCON is their anything bad in it for him to atleast manage Super Eagle temporarily?

1 Like

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by iamtardey: 9:17am On Mar 14
You be by dey put hands for back o oga grin
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by bolabadmus38: 9:18am On Mar 14
Oliseh should be considered. Forget all the propaganda written about him. We need someone that will be in charge and not pushed around. O believe he has what it takes. If given free hands and necessary supports,the guy is cool and have the intellectual capacity. He's still one of the most intelligent ex-internationals we have.

1 Like

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Topman7: 9:34am On Mar 14
Guys, meanwhile, use style to enjoy some career highlights of Super Eagles, Real Betis, and Ajax Champions League winning legend, Finidi George, known as ‘The Gazelle’ at Ajax for his elegance and composure on the ball, and to Super Eagles fans, simply as ‘Finito’.

In his heyday he was rated the best attacking right winger in the world (No. 7).

Legendary Brazilian and Barcelona left-back Roberto Carlos was once asked which player he feared the most in La Liga. His response, “Figo and Finidi”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2BvwbYMAZ0?si=rINrIZtBYRCSH2-Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-d4p4X1ME8?si=I8ItmbFp_s_2Ohxm
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by RealEzee(m): 10:01am On Mar 14
No start wetin u no go fit finish i no b George finidi oh oh grin psquare lyrics comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by yewit37486: 10:50am On Mar 14
phemyokunrin:
When Okocha was Enugu state FA chairman, he couldn't perform. So he is good at showbiz and betkung

Supporting betting companies seems to be his area these days, unfortunately. Someone that could have been a positive influence on the youths is instead helping them destroy their lives further.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Topman7: 10:58am On Mar 14
yewit37486:

Supporting betting companies seems to be his area these days, unfortunately. Someone that could have been a positive influence on the youths is instead helping them destroy their lives further.

Oh please stop this nonsense.

Betting is part and parcel of football.

It is even small scale in Nigeria.

In Europe and the US, virtually EVERYONE bets in all kinds of sports, not just football.

If you are good at it, you can pocket good, hard cash that you can use for business or whatever you want.

Betting has saved many guys, so just chill abeg.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by OloolaSunky1122(m): 11:12am On Mar 14
EreluRoz:

He isn’t playing thou…
Those super chickens need to tap from his experience
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by wink2015(m): 11:21am On Mar 14
robosky02:

I like some of the points you raise.

There should be interview first of all and the qualified candidate picked.

There should not be a situation where one applicant is given an advantage.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Tochj(m): 11:27am On Mar 14
Finidi is better than Eguavon

1 Like

Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by yewit37486: 11:42am On Mar 14
Topman7:

Oh please stop this nonsense.

Betting is part and parcel of football.

It is even small scale in Nigeria.

In Europe and the US, virtually EVERYONE bets in all kinds of sports, not just football.

If you are good at it, you can pocket good, hard cash that you can use for business or whatever you want.

Betting has saved many guys, so just chill abeg.

First go and research the downsides of betting even in the countries you are using as your yardstick. At least they have protections in place because they recognize the dangers. Here, people wallowing in poverty and no mental health or any other kind of support are being ruined by betting each day.

A person who bets will eventually lose all, it's a question of time.
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by Kishkosh: 12:35pm On Mar 14
robosky02:

Shey you no sabi read or what? You see where them talk say an Interim. Say other applicants dey. Shey to do interview for all the applicants an one day job?
Comot for here abeg
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by NOwazobia: 12:54pm On Mar 14
aribisala0:

Finidi is the assistant coach now
Should they sack him?
Who should lead the team for the friendlies?

What is. "Best"
That is unknowable theory
A good coach is reality
Best coach is.theory and fantasy
We need to be clear what we want from the coach
Is it short term results or long term building.
For me any coach that will focus on players in Europe is bad for us
Iwobi for me is NOT a Naija player though I respect his patriotism. He is not made in Nigeria
We must build local players even if we don't win trophies for 10 years. So it depends on what we want collectively.

I don't know what standard you use to rate Amunike ahead of him. They are both credible

That may be true but it is just your subjective opinion not an undisputed fact.
Finally the issue is not Finidi or Amunike. It is good we have options that are Nigerian and I look forward to us developing our own coaches so we have up to 10 credible Nigerian coaches
You spoke well
Re: Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali by dododawa1: 1:14pm On Mar 14
Tiwatiwa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player / Osimhen Confirmed Fit, In Training Today & Available For Selection Tomorrow / Bet9ja.com Registration : How To Create An Account With ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.