Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 (30427 Views)

Crowd Welcomes Lekan Balogun, Soon-To-Be Crowned Olubadan Of Ibadanland (Video) / Kingmakers Announce Lekan Balogun As Olubadan-Elect / Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by 3seriez(m): 3:32am On Mar 15
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow! Kabiyesi waja.

Ibadan's age-long non-acrimonous method of choosing successive Olubadan will always turn up an aged Oba because candidates spend so long on the queue before it gets to the eventual Oba's turn.

With the passing of Kabiyesi, it should be 80-year old Pa Rasheed Ladoja who's likely next in line to the Olubadan's stool. They almost messed up Kabiyesi's political position with fake news during the 2023 Presidential election. Probably Kabiyesi was already dealing with age-related slowdowns.

May God console his immediate family,
Ibadan, Oyo state and Nigeria as a whole. Nigeria lost a great Nigerian and First Class Royal Father.

You're right. Was told Pa ladoja is next in line.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Komenikanri1: 3:35am On Mar 15
Not Ladoja's turn yet, the next Olubadan is High Chief Owolabi Olakulehin. From a bonafide Ibadan man.
pol23:
Shey na Ladoja turn now

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by TruthsFM: 3:44am On Mar 15
KidKonnekt:
RIP

At this rate, Sen. Rashidi Ladoja might become Olubadan in his lifetime.
nope, ladoja has another senior before him. After the senior, then ladoja become the Olubadan of ibadan land.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by olaniyilukman(m): 3:54am On Mar 15
lwisee:
Na old old people dey become olubadan.
I can't recount any that spent 10 years on the throne.
Bankole Ogundipe spent more than 10years... Kabiesi o
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Bar1941(m): 4:01am On Mar 15
Laple0541:
Senator Ladoja lokan.

Go give am!

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Rolings: 4:05am On Mar 15
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow! Kabiyesi waja.

Ibadan's age-long non-acrimonous method of choosing successive Olubadan will always turn up an aged Oba because candidates spend so long on the queue before it gets to the eventual Oba's turn.

With the passing of Kabiyesi, it should be 80-year old Pa Rasheed Ladoja who's likely next in line to the Olubadan's stool. They almost messed up Kabiyesi's political position with fake news during the 2023 Presidential election. Probably Kabiyesi was already dealing with age-related slowdowns.

Ibadan, Oyo state and Nigeria as a whole. Nigeria lost a great Nigerian and First Class Royal Father.
Most families now use young men as family head so that by the time they get to become Olubadan (take average of 50 years ). They won't be too old

At last Ladoja dream is coming true.
I lauded him when I read his reply to Seyi government when they want to install him as Oba..... He said the only crown he is after is the Olubadan crown .

Congratulations.

Ironically,as its said ..... While the family of the late Oba is mourning the families of the next Oba will be jubilating
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by MightySparrow: 4:06am On Mar 15
No time to waste time in Ibadan.

RIP kabiyesi.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by adioolayi(m): 4:21am On Mar 15
Kaabiesi ooo!

Sun re o!
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Kaa4(m): 4:31am On Mar 15
On these pastors predicted it. Someone should have informed him to pray at least postponing it by 15 years.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by adigun4mee(m): 5:03am On Mar 15
The next Olubadan will be Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja.If you’re not from Ibadan then stop spreading fake news
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by bolabadmus38: 5:23am On Mar 15
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Salubata(m): 5:25am On Mar 15
He became olubadan not up to 3 years
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Ayanfe21(m): 5:30am On Mar 15
May his soul keep resting. Oba kii ku, Oba ma nwaja ni
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Kakamorufu(m): 5:32am On Mar 15
truthfinder319:
The late monarch was A PhD holder and former Senator. Very brilliant.

Senator Ladoja is in the civil line. The next will come from Military line (Oba Olakulehin), then after him will be Senator Ladoja. A peaceful and predictable system

Thanks for the explanation. This is exactly what my mum told me when I said it should be Ladojas turn after Lekan Balogun.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Kakamorufu(m): 5:33am On Mar 15
Rolings:

Most families now use young men as family head so that by the time they get to become Olubadan (take average of 50 years ). They won't be too old

I lauded him when I read his reply to Seyi government when they want to install him as Oba..... He said the only crown he is after is the Olubadan crown .

Congratulations.

Ironically,as its said ..... While the family of the late Oba is mourning the families of the next Oba will be jubilating
That's why the Ibadan chiefs are called Agbotikuyo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Hoyematic: 5:37am On Mar 15
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=128939110]Wow! Kabiyesi waja.

I think there's is someone before Chief Oladoja
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by zelnababa(m): 5:44am On Mar 15
TruthsFM:
nope, ladoja has another senior before him. After the senior, then ladoja become the Olubadan of ibadan land.
lolz ladoja is almost 80, waiting remain
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Pickup8: 5:49am On Mar 15
Adieu The Olubadan of Ibadanland, imperial majesty, Sen Lekan Ali Balogun.
Peace upon Ibadanland.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Fulaniguy01: 5:55am On Mar 15
this one doesn't look 81 to me , he looks younger
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by TruthsFM: 5:59am On Mar 15
zelnababa:
lolz ladoja is almost 80, waiting remain
yes. Ladoja will be 80 years old this year.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by sammirano: 6:00am On Mar 15
finallybusy:
Let’s hope his death will not inconvenience honest folks trying to make a living. Gone should be the days of closing markets for a week while searching for youths to sacrifice. Let the world quickly fast forward so Gen Alpha will take over with their forward-thinking mindset. All these generations who believe in witchcraft should die off.

Eranko, your blood will be used to clean the land. Shey sense is far from your flat head ni.

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by F4ufw3ftg: 6:04am On Mar 15
;

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by maysimsimple(m): 6:25am On Mar 15
Yes oo

uote author=pol23 post=128939347]Shey na Ladoja turn now[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by maysimsimple(m): 6:26am On Mar 15
Yes, he is ikeji olubadan so he should be next after is the splash fm owner.

quote author=Freddodoty post=128939361]Hmmm, Ladoja supposed to be the next Olu Ibadan then before. Maybe Ladoja will be crown now as new Olu Ibadan [/quote]
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Ndibunna: 6:34am On Mar 15
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow! Kabiyesi waja.

I wonder who asked you all these?
Nawa

1 Like

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by IreneJane: 6:35am On Mar 15
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow! Kabiyesi waja.

It's baba olakuleyin that will be king before ladoja
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Babangidapikin: 6:59am On Mar 15
I hope they would change this their turn by turn selection process and allow the Oracle choose a younger person ... RIP to him and condolences to his family and Oyo State Government ...

To think he escape the miners blast, I hope that didn't affect is system.. anyway we will all taste dead.
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by Manager88: 7:06am On Mar 15
We saw it coming ladoja next oba
Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by enemyofprogress: 7:08am On Mar 15
Rolings:

Congratulations.

na so life be o. Na turn by turn

1 Like

Re: Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 by enemyofprogress: 7:09am On Mar 15
Babangidapikin:
I hope they would change this their turn by turn selection process and allow the Oracle choose a younger person ... RIP to him and condolences to his family and Oyo State Government ...

To think he escape the miners blast, I hope that didn't affect is system.. anyway we will all taste dead.
so dat una go dey bribe the oracle to choose una candidates like the horney of ife

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) / Masquerade Spotted Dancing Zanku / Leg Work On The Street(video) / Oluwo Of Iwo Bonds And Plays Draught With His People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.