Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) (39197 Views)

Shehu Ibrahim-Musa: I Am An Electrician Not Defined By Physical Disability / Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Getting On The Cyber Security Career Ladder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by wink2015(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15
He did not wooden ladder, wear the right PPE to protect against shock and also switch off the electrical power from the source.

He took risk and down for his carelessness.

All technical artisans must learn to observe safety rules before the start the work, during the course of the job and after the jobs.

You do anyhow

You see anyhow.

Life has no duplicate.

Who don die

Don die.

2 Likes

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by aguyph: 2:47pm On Mar 15
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Weknowbetter: 2:50pm On Mar 15
CountinBlessins:
What a tragedy!!
But why don't our artisans use safety equipment like belts helmets etc? angry

An electrician must be using safety gloves , fall belt and helmet plus safety boots and glasses.

Why risk your life this way.to work for a client without safety equipment?

Exactly. Why is he dressed for a soccer game, doing electrical work? This could have been avoided.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by MasterTeeUSA: 3:00pm On Mar 15
Very terrible. It once happened to an electrician who was doing a changeover...my initial thought was...why don't these guys use gloves or protective wear but I was told that's what they do...he tested that there was no light on the wire...next thing, electrocution but thank God...the ladder feel, he grabbed on to the cement pole and slide down...and did fall straight down...rush to him with water, milk, medication and after some time to rest, he was fully ok. One of the tenants then drove to the market to get the gloves for him...and he completed the job.

The risk we take in Nigeria is all these things they can charge as part of their jobs, buy them, and use them. This is where Govt can come in...to enlighten and educate...but State Govs and LGs are usually useless. Their unions are jokes, too. Every time you read a load falling off a truck onto a car killing people...in a sane climate, if it happens once, regulations would be passed immediately. Since 2 years or so ago, I have read about 4 or 5 of such loads falling off trucks killing people. Nigeria, we hail thee.

Metrix147:

Read more at: https://abntv.com.ng/news/electrician-fell-off-ladder-in-popular-abia-hotel-dies-graphic-photos/

3 Likes

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Seunpapa65: 3:06pm On Mar 15
shadrach77:

Is it the poverty that makes you lack human compassion?
Poverty wey follow you up and down werey
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Regie2bless: 3:07pm On Mar 15
Metrix147:

Read more at: https://abntv.com.ng/news/electrician-fell-off-ladder-in-popular-abia-hotel-dies-graphic-photos/
person die dey just roll am go where dem dey sell casket.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15
Job hazards...!
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by blaise26abj(m): 3:16pm On Mar 15
CountinBlessins:
What a tragedy!!

An electrician must be using safety gloves , fall belt and helmet plus safety boots and glasses.

And after the job the useless , evil , wicked client will still owe . Nigerian safety protocols need to be revisited

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Antoeni(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15
Safety First
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Fadddd(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15
Sorry bro
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Kakamorufu(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15
It's well.
It's high time we took occupational safety serious in the Nation.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by ComeToJesus: 3:56pm On Mar 15
Metrix147:

You don't know if his relatives have been informed, you happily splash his pictures here.

What you guys do in this unethical platform is against all norms and ethics of journalism and civil standards.

Atleast, you can censor his face alone.
Disgusting lots!
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by shadrach77: 3:59pm On Mar 15
Seunpapa65:

Poverty wey follow my papa up and down. Poverty don show me siege
grin
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by ComeToJesus: 4:00pm On Mar 15
Two jobs I'll never do.
1. Electrical
2. Mining

RIP bro
Occupational safety would have saved the situation.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by PointZerom: 4:12pm On Mar 15
CountinBlessins:
What a tragedy!!

I think what he needed here is helmet and scaffolding not ladder.

That hotel na politicians hotel. I don chop life there wella for their ABA branch.

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by thecommunist(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15
CountinBlessins:
What a tragedy!!

He would probably be alive if he had just the helmet, the gloves and the safety harness(fall belt).
I doubt if these 3 cost up to 50k.

it is well .

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by udeh3(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15
In this field, we always advocate for safety. Safety first, safety always, but, this artisans will want to do their own. Working on height, you need an harness belt, a well calculated insulated gloves with very good insulation and resistivity. With the proper PPE, this guy will not die.

Life has no duplicate

You're the first safety officer of yourself. Who die na?

Something's can be avoided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Chicagograduate(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15
No protective kits
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Chicagograduate(m): 4:34pm On Mar 15
blaise26abj:

And after the job the useless , evil , wicked client will still owe . Nigerian safety protocols need to be revisited
Hotels and restaurants sabi owe clients money after service don render.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by jaszplus12(m): 5:11pm On Mar 15
CountinBlessins:
What a tragedy!!

We see those safety equipment as "waste of time" or "e dey delay me"

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by occfx: 5:29pm On Mar 15
Seunpapa65:
E no go use safety wears

Person wey dey think how to buy gas this evening, waitin be safety?. Nigeria just rough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Greenback: 5:37pm On Mar 15
PPE should've protected him... safety harness,hand gloves, helmet
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Greenback: 5:40pm On Mar 15
jaszplus12:

We see those safety equipment as "waste of time" or "e dey delay me"
Oga it saves lives.
I can't count how many times I have hit my head so hard on iron beams onboard ship...but fory helmet,man pikin for don carry serious head injury. All the same,it's God's mercy

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by tnerro1(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15
Na so one wey come do work for our area use mouth take hold live wire con say make I try am, try wetin, when Amaka promised to come see me that night? Just tell the guy say him juju no go work oo
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Kingbuhari(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15
I think I should give God the glory for so many things, those days I do enter transformer to change fuse even if it's raining, I change my line with iron pole even if it's raining, I tap from any tappable line, be it generator, I pass my neighbour, i became addicted to electric that if u dont see light in my house just know light no dey that town , i fan crawl at night to steal lights from distance streets at night, 15years I didn't pay for electricity infact NEPA for my areas dey commot cap for me, u will not see wire but i get light pass station house... If they told me I go leave all these japa I no go believe... I can climb high pole without ladder can touch all kind of wire and it will not shock me this is more than grace... Rip to the death

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15
How can a person who calls himself electrician not know that he need safety equipment before climbing electric pole?? He probarbly thought he is invincible like.James Bond. Very very avoidable death..

In saner climes, health and safety regulators would not even allow him to climb electric pole unqualified and without PPE.

He probarbly wore silppers and short knicker cheesy as Naigeerans call it, and embarked on climbing a lethal electric pole.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15
Kingbuhari:
I think I should give God the glory for so many things, those days I do enter transformer to change fuse even if it's raining, I change my line with iron pole even if it's raining, I tap from any tappable line, be it generator, I pass my neighbour, i became addicted to electric that if u dont see light in my house just know light no dey that town , i fan crawl at night to steal lights from distance streets at night, 15years I didn't pay for electricity infact NEPA for my areas dey commot cap for me, u will not see wire but i get light pass station house... If they told me I go leave all these japa I no go believe... I can climb high pole without ladder can touch all kind of wire and it will not shock me this is more than grace... Rip to the death
It is nothing to do with grace, some people has electric currents already running through their veins, i think you d find that if you hold an electric bulb with you finger the bulb will light up. Try it. cheesy

Now, that you have Japad, can you see that all what you were doing in Naigeeria was a crime, you have sabotaged your country electric company, left them and japa. You are a very unpartriotic citizen of your own country.. now you are in japa land i bet you are obeying their laws the laws you didn't obey in Naigeeria, yet una go blame Naigeerian politicians for the corruption in Naigeeria..

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Aurelius1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15
Enskynelson:

Big question! You know one thing many will say, they are so used to it already that nothing dey happen.
For some that are willing, those things are not always available. Some years back, I got a job (seems na work and not job) as a factory worker in a Chinese Ceramic Company. First day at work, I was shown where I have to work from 7am to 5pm daily. I asked for safety boots, and nose masks (cos the place was filled with dust and very hot), they said those things were not available.
I managed to work that day. I left and never returned, not because I didn't want the job but because I love my life than the pea nuts they said they will be paying me. As a graduate of engineering, I picked the job just to keep myself going and I knew the health implication of inhaling those pollutants.
You should have left immidiately they said they didn't have protective gears. You worked for a day free. Anyway sha, all na experience.
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Azzik: 7:30pm On Mar 15
CountinBlessins:
What a tragedy!!

We are very careless in this country and always ignore simple safety precautions....if he had even helmet on him it might have saved it's life..
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Formation10: 7:37pm On Mar 15
What a life just out to hustle that is the end, God i thank you ma grace of going out and coming In may your name be praise

1 Like

Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by bluefilm: 7:44pm On Mar 15
This is so bad

Hope he was not doing illegal connection?
Re: Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) by Nefort: 7:49pm On Mar 15
OboOlora:
Op, you are an inconsiderate pr££k.
Can't you blur out the face at least?
What if he has family members here on Nairaland, would it be nice to see his pic this way?
The blame should be on Seun Osewa the owner of Nairaland for very poor management and moderation. The owner of Nairaland allows too many disgusting things here. If his family member is involved in an accident I know he wouldn't allow it posted here. Nairaland is a very shitty website. So many comments degrading women and all sorts of disgusting comments are allowed to fly here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

70 Best Out Of Office Messages That Always Work / Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) / Mistakes A Guy Must Not Make In His 20s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.