Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) (1350 Views)

Gov Soludo Commissions Chief Emeka Ayaoku Museum In Obosi, Anambra State (photos / Governor Soludo Commissions Market And Roads Built By Chief Agbalanze / Governor Ikpeazu Inspects Ph Road, Assures Its Completion In Record Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by igwebuike01: 2:20pm On Mar 16
Anambra people should calm down. We moved from Sullivan to Obiano to Umahi to Otti in terms of infrastructure. Everybody is doing well but it's Abia's time to shine

1 Like

Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by onumadu: 2:59pm On Mar 16
It looks like Gov Soludo now has someone close that gives him good advice.
That Okpunoeze road had been a signature of Nnewi neglect by past Anambra governors.
By Soludo constructing that road, he has scored a major political point which will pay on election day.
He also promised to construct/dualize more roads like the Nnewi-Awka and Nnewi Okija roads.
If he does these roads, (or at least demonstrate serious commitment to constructing them), he will become unbeatable as far as Nnewi is concerned even if Uba runs.
Excellent move by the governor.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Jman06(m): 3:06pm On Mar 16
Nonybb:
Go and sit down Soludo. You've wasted so much time. We know what made you wake up because we can see how Abia government of yesterday is overshadowing your resolution and complacency. You are disappointed still

Soludo is working and I wish other SE governors can emulate his giant strides so that the whole of igboland can glow. Otti is yet to complete any meaningful project in Abia. Another governor I'm seriously looking unto is Peter Mbah. He's my governor and represents my part of Enugu State, hence I wouldn't want him to fail. He has started well with his revenue generation drive but I just hope he'll utilize the funds well in developing the state.
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Chikeluba25(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16
Good
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Chikeluba25(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16
Objectivist04:
The headquarter of tiny roads .
Building roads in Anambra is the easiest thing any government can do because firstly, the roads won't be much long as the state is small
In landmass, then secondly the roads will always be tiny. So littering short , tiny substandard roads all over the state is an easy feat to achieve and that is why people are clapping for ngige and Obi.

In 2009, Obi constructed nibo , Nise Enugu Ukwu road , by 2010 president Jonathan was on official visit to Anambra and Obi had to drag him to commission the less than 10km tiny road he constructed. One or two days to the commissioning date, workers were seen patching the potholes that have appeared on the road !! grin
Really? Then what will you say about Western world inner/country roads if you critics Anambra less traffic roads?

Is that why ur state government is neglating ur rural roads?

Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Max24: 3:21pm On Mar 16
Soludo is quietly working and delivery infrastructure without making noise in the media while the Agulu backed Otti is busy snapping and posting pictures of gutters. The empty barrel they say make the loudest noise. Imagine if they had won the presidency, they would have used the first 4 years snapping pictures of gutters constructed by Julius Berger.
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Artscollection: 3:57pm On Mar 16
This midget should start building Standard roads 4 christ sake!!
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Objectivist04: 4:45pm On Mar 16
Chikeluba25:
Really? Then what will you say about Western world inner/country roads if you critics Anambra less traffic roads?

Is that why ur state government is neglating ur rural roads?
This bush will be good for kidnapping business oo 😛😛
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by obinna227: 6:18pm On Mar 16
See this ozuor. Just because Soludo refuse to support that foolish agalu gbajue thief with female fish voice, you have suddenly and forever lost your logical thinking facultySee this ozuor. Just because Soludo refuse to support that foolish agalu gbajue thief with female fish voice, you have suddenly and forever lost your logical thinking faculty...
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by onumadu: 7:42pm On Mar 16
igwebuike01:
Anambra people should calm down. We moved from Sullivan to Obiano to Umahi to Otti in terms of infrastructure. Everybody is doing well but it's Abia's time to shine

The idea of instigating zero sum mindset (whereby one development in one part of Igboland means less development in another) is
to say the least "unintelligent".
As far as I know, perhaps half of investments in Aba/Abia axis may be owned by Anambra people, while half of investments in Onitsha/Anambra may be owned by Abia people.
We want all our IGBO cities to be developing like mad. We love it that way.
If Abia is not developing, I lose money, and if Anambra is not developing, my Abia friend loses money.
The difference between Abia and Anambra is the difference between 12 and a dozen.
So, chill, mate. cool
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Trollronaldo: 8:11pm On Mar 16
Anambra1stSonTV:
SOLUDO COMMISSIONS OKPUNOEZE, NNEWI ROAD, ASSURES OF MORE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE CITY

By Christian Aburime

Anambra State government has inaugurated Okpunoeze-Uruagu road in Nnewi, Nnewi North Local Government Area.

During the event, Governor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, remarked that Nnewi which is globally known as one of the biggest commercial hubs in West Africa and nicknamed the Japan of the continent deserves befitting infrastructural facilities.

The governor hinted on a master plan to
dualize the road leading from Nnewi to Awka, the capital city through Nnobi Adazi and Agulu

According to Governor Soludo who said that plans were underway to construct the Nnewi-Ozubulu-Okija-expressway, assured the people that most ongoing road projects would be completed and inaugurated in record time with quality that can last a minimum of 20 years.

In order to maintain and ensure longevity of the roads, Governor Soludo cautioned traders and residents against displaying their wares on the tarred roads or blocking the water channels with dirt which he noted constitutes nuisance.

The governor reiterated the call for collective efforts from the private sector as well as those representing Anambra in different senatorial districts, to draw the attention of the federal government to the deplorable state of federal roads in their various constituencies for the overall development of Anambra.

On provision of pipe borne water, Governor Soludo further revealed that the Anambra water scheme is now being test-run simultaneously in Awka, Agulu, Onitsha, and environs as well as Otuocha, Awkuzu while Nnewi water scheme would soon commence.

Speaking earlier, the Transition Committee Chairman for Nnewi North, Engr. Chris Obiora, was full of praises for the Governor who he said has done incredibly well in providing good road network for the people of Okpunoeze and environs.

Also speaking, the Commissioner for Industry, Mr Christian Udechukwu, expressed profound gratitude to the governor for constructing what he noted was abandoned by successive administrations in the state.

The people as well as the pupils and students of Nnewi were overjoyed as they stood by the roadside waving and shouting in appreciation of the Governor.

Highpoint of the occasion was the cutting of tape by some people who reside in the area, including a physically challenged, assisted by the clergy.

Meanwhile, the Governor also stopped by to inspect the level of work at the bank road, Awka township stadium as well as the ongoing construction of the government house and governor's lodge.
Mynd44
https://www.facebook.com/share/dawm8sNMjokAZ6Pv/?mibextid=oFDknk
The last time any dualized road was built within Anambra towns or cities aside in estates was when Obi was Governor.
Anambra no dey like build dualized roads, unless na federal road
Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by igwebuike01: 9:40pm On Mar 16
Jman06:

Soludo is working and I wish other SE governors can emulate his giant strides so that the whole of igboland can glow. Otti is yet to complete any meaningful project in Abia. Another governor I'm seriously looking unto is Peter Mbah. He's my governor and represents my part of Enugu State, hence I wouldn't want him to fail. He has started well with his revenue generation drive but I just hope he'll utilize the funds well in developing the state.
Otti is less than one year, Soludo is two years. I remember how Obiano was topping when other governors entered newly, suddenly Umahi overtook everybody. Oga na turn by turn

1 Like

Re: Soludo Commissions Okpunoeze, Nnewi Road, Assures Of More Infrastructure(pics) by Jman06(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16
igwebuike01:

Otti is less than one year, Soludo is two years. I remember how Obiano was topping when other governors entered newly, suddenly Umahi overtook everybody. Oga na turn by turn
My desire is for all the governors in the southeast to work. Let them compete on who's doing better than the rest so that our region can eventually develop.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Loses As Appeal Court Rules In Favour Of EFCC / Quiz On Africa / Bayelsa Indigenes; Timi Alaibe Or Goodluck Jonathan For 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.