Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria (12904 Views)

Tinubu's U-turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria / Tinubu U.S Drug Case: Festus Keyamo Deceived Nigerians - Dino Melaye / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by profmallor: 9:40pm On Mar 16
I hope the president has learnt to think things through better now, Lagos is not Nigeria, the stakes are higher and the complexities are more pronounced.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by codemaniacs: 9:40pm On Mar 16
And now there are mentally ill Niger republic citizens roaming around Lagos and T:nubu and Sanwo olu are not doing anything about it.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by skj1377(m): 10:00pm On Mar 16
President Tinubu should think before he acts. He almost sent an armed intervention to Niger! The loss of life would have been needless.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by darediamond(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16
Thanks To Vladimir Putin Who Sneeze At The Correct Time Before Tinubu comes back to his senses.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Mivici: 10:18pm On Mar 16
Moyinoluwa35:
Please nairalander, I have a secondary school class mate , we where very close then but after school we part way, alone the line, last week I met him at a park, we exchange number, only for the guy to tell me how life have messed him up and he is married with a child, I wish it was before this airforce short service form is online, but it's close and I can't help Cos most of my life and time I spend in the military, please if you have any link to any state government work in the west state, please I need any link I will pay pls
08063863941 chat me up
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Artscollection: 10:20pm On Mar 16
MasterTeeUSA:
One of the problems we have as a people is ...we are low information people...and low IQ.

All I hear here is personal interests...personal interests.

Now, here is the Timeline..

- Two coups took place and a democratically elected leader was held hostage.

- ECOWAS had an emergency meeting and all countries decided to place sanctions not just Tinubu or Nigeria.

It was meant to stop coups or discourage it. since then we have not had additional coups.

The difference between our way of thinking and the West...if US citizens know that putting sanctions will cost them more...just like support for Ukraine...they support the Govt because some decisions won't be positive but collectively makes sense. We had no money to continue paying subsidy. What is wrong with us.

Cow!!! The difference between agbadorians and normal human beings is that they can't use their God giving brain again. It is all over the news that fg is still paying subsidy and you are here defending nonsense. Bat will even be ashamed of you!

Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Moyinoluwa35(f): 10:22pm On Mar 16
My friend will chat you up sir..
Mivici:
08063863941 chat me up
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Artscollection: 10:23pm On Mar 16
MasterTeeUSA:
One of the problems we have as a people is ...we are low information people...and low IQ.

All I hear here is personal interests...personal interests.

Now, here is the Timeline..

- Two coups took place and a democratically elected leader was held hostage.

- ECOWAS had an emergency meeting and all countries decided to place sanctions not just Tinubu or Nigeria.

It was meant to stop coups or discourage it. since then we have not had additional coups.

The difference between our way of thinking and the West...if US citizens know that putting sanctions will cost them more...just like support for Ukraine...they support the Govt because some decisions won't be positive but collectively makes sense. We had no money to continue paying subsidy. What is wrong with us.

Cow!!! The difference between agbadorians and normal human beings is that they can't use their God giving brain again. It is all over the news that fg is still paying subsidy and you are here defending nonsense. Bat will even be ashamed of you!
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Abuloma80(f): 10:32pm On Mar 16
What is news in there? The reality has set in. He has no option. He only ended up disgracing and downfalling Nigeria as a Country with indecisions. Country working on guess work and as a Country struggling to be recognized as being strong and influencial. Gone are the days when Nigeria is regarded as Giant of Africa with influence in whatever they decide!
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by VULCAN(m): 10:35pm On Mar 16
The coups had the full support of the people.

Government is not meant to exist for its own sake.

Except for Nigerian govt. That exists to enrich those at the top and their cronies and impoverish the people.

So if the people of those countries support the coups, what is your business or Ecowas'.

You were probably not born when Buhari was overthrown.

The streets erupted in joy. There were celebrations everywhere. Both the poor and the rich were happy he was gone.

badoh:
So do they expect Tinubu as head of Ecowas to welcome Niger coup with open alms? The bittered people painted the scenario as if it was Tinubu that singlehandedly sanction Niger and not the entire Ecowas. Whatever way you want to look at it, the sanction is necessary so as not to encourage coup plotters across other West African countries.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by HRMK: 11:22pm On Mar 16
OF WHAT BENEFIT IS THAT TO THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN!WHAT CAN THE POOR MAN GAIN FROM NIGER REPUBLIC?NOTHING!
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by factwriter(m): 12:33am On Mar 17
Moyinoluwa35:
Please nairalander, I have a secondary school class mate , we where very close then but after school we part way, alone the line, last week I met him at a park, we exchange number, only for the guy to tell me how life have messed him up and he is married with a child, I wish it was before this airforce short service form is online, but it's close and I can't help Cos most of my life and time I spend in the military, please if you have any link to any state government work in the west state, please I need any link I will pay pls

Soldier girl! Keep soaring higher!

Even the sky won't be your limit!

You are blessed forever. Our children too will be. (Amen)
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by wizelink(m): 12:34am On Mar 17
Niger and extreme northern states in Nigeria share a lot in common, not the entire Nigeria for God's sake.
Make FG join them with Niger make our resources reach us wellooh.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Scarcity234: 1:03am On Mar 17
Massiveglory:
Which propaganda relief is this.

It is over 72 hrs since tinubu talk, Nigerien authorities have maintained their entry points closed.
Which useless relief are you propaganding about?
This is the same relief Nigerians were said to have as the price of indonmie and sugar fell only Newspaper on a promoted propaganda of tinubu and hid people.

Tinubu and his team should quit all these useless propagandas in foreign and local media. Use those funds to better the country.
People are seriously hungry.
They're looking for an excuse to hide Tinubu's shame-the man that went back to his vomit.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 1:40am On Mar 17
Why won't they be happy , no be their cousin?
North in Nigeria, Nigeria republic, Oran, Iraq, Islamabad, Egypt, Dubai , uae, etc are all abokis can't u all see their resemblance
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Moyinoluwa35(f): 6:20am On Mar 17
Mivici:
08063863941 chat me up
my friend will chat you up
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 6:52am On Mar 17
Like I said before...low information people we are...now let me help you

If we were paying say $10 billion per year for subsidy, announcing the removal has cut importation...and devaluation of forex means it might look like we are paying the same amount in Naira, but we are actually paying 1/3 and with the cuts in importation, we are using a whole lot less in GDP...we were headed to a level where we wouldn't be able to have capital expenditure. 2024 budget reverses that. You just insult, but like most low information or low IQ, you cannot understand or argue on the merits.

Artscollection:

Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 6:57am On Mar 17
Yes I would have made the same argument. Go and watch AriseNews again and the foreign expert that came on at that time to educate your Rufai. Tinubu cannot be seen as going against the majority, and yes sanctions were needed at that time. Of course, they didn't expect the countries to announce pull out from Ecowas. That was a master strategy by those countries, so ECOWAS had to re-evaluate. This is democracy in action. When you want leaders to get it right, you elect messiah and get nonsense. I would rather some make decision, evaluate, and reverse if needed. Not all decisions can be left to ...perfection. I know most of you here have never led anything...it shows.

YourKarma:

Stop giving excuses for ineptitude, you're not talking to kids here. When northern elders kicked against the sanctions, didn't tinubu try to prove stubborn and went ahead with it?

Isn't tinubu the current ECOWAS president?

Now the useless sanctions has come to bite him in the ass, you're trying to give excuses for him and trying to use Ukraine to justify this bullshit. Would you have given this silly rebuttal if tinubu or obi was your president?

Sit down, my friend
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by TUTU147: 7:12am On Mar 17
The northern influence is still much held in this tinubu government,it will take a strong politicians from the south to break this strong hold of northern influence.The north never for one day support tinubu on the way he handled the niger crisis.We are watching as the drama is playing.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Artscollection: 7:37am On Mar 17
MasterTeeUSA:
Like I said before...low information people we are...now let me help you

If we were paying say $10 billion per year for subsidy, announcing the removal has cut importation...and devaluation of forex means it might look like we are paying the same amount in Naira, but we are actually paying 1/3 and with the cuts in importation, we are using a whole lot less in GDP...we were headed to a level where we wouldn't be able to have capital expenditure. 2024 budget reverses that. You just insult, but like most low information or low IQ, you cannot understand or argue on the merits.

Oga go and meet your mentor so he can give you another line of defence.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by allthingsgood: 8:18am On Mar 17
Massiveglory:
Which propaganda relief is this.

It is over 72 hrs since tinubu talk, Nigerien authorities have maintained their entry points closed.
Which useless relief are you propaganding about?
This is the same relief Nigerians were said to have as the price of indonmie and sugar fell only Newspaper on a promoted propaganda of tinubu and hid people.

Tinubu and his team should quit all these useless propagandas in foreign and local media. Use those funds to better the country.
People are seriously hungry.

You people have problem for every solution
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Saidfx(m): 10:17am On Mar 17
Una try..he wouldn't have listened to anyone if not for the intervention of one of the pioneers of ECOWAS, Gowon by name. It was he that intervened because Putin was ready to support with money and military gears to make thier new alliance a dream come true. We Don't need such distractions now. Leave and let's live

Modified: God knows best! Nigeria is with the west and Gowon is their messenger. It is what it is...Sabali!
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by zumbigbo(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17
Bola mouth matter cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by shotuns: 1:10pm On Mar 17
I'm still wondering why the borders to southwest has not been open since Tinubu came to power, but quick to open that of the North to another country, who is fooling who about who is controlling Nigeria from outside and within. I feel sad for my tribe.
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by Nolevel666: 2:15pm On Mar 17
We need to break away from those rabbits up north.

Their birth rate is sinking this country
Re: Tinubu's U-Turn On Niger Sanctions Received With Relief In Northern Nigeria by itsene: 3:21pm On Mar 17
Ecowas sanctions NOT Tinubu's sanctions.
Enemies are relentless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 / $1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi / Anti-party: Rivers APC Suspends Chairman, Legal Adviser, Berates Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.