Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon (360 Views)

Vacancy In Unisex Salon / Female Secretary Vacancy At Hair City Unisex Salon / Men Hair Stylist Needed At HEADLINER Unisex Salon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by Slimslimqq: 12:15am On Mar 17
Good morning nairaland..

We thank God for life.

I fought a great battle in life and I'm winning already.
So I thought of locking some funds I have on business, the reason why I chose these business is because there's none in my area or location.

I want to open a unisex salon, excluding shop rent will 2 million naira be enough? I need enough advise and insights from nairalnders.

Mods please help move to Frontpage.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Nlfpmod
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by Slimslimqq: 8:10am On Mar 17
Good morning.

I need your opinions pls.
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by QuinModah(f): 10:24pm On Mar 17
Slimslimqq:
Good morning.

I need your opinions pls.
Can you barb? If yes, then you can go ahead but if know br ready to stay in the shop to monitor everything otherwise otilor!
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by Besuccesful: 10:55am On Mar 18
If you don't have knowledge about saloon I will advice you not to dive into it. You see those barbers and hairstylist will frustrate your effort.

We thank God for life.

I fought a great battle in life and I'm winning already.
So I thought of locking some funds I have on business, the reason why I chose these business is because there's none in my area or location.

I want to open a unisex salon, excluding shop rent will 2 million naira be enough? I need enough advise and insights from nairalnders.

Mods please help move to Frontpage.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Nlfpmod
Mynd44[/quote]
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by toyinid78: 9:16am On Mar 19
It will be enough, but u need someone to monitor your business if you will not be available to do that, because the Barbers are horrible, they once stole all my clippers and said my shop was robbed, tue ladies hmmmm that's another story for another day
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by Slimslimqq: 2:48pm On Mar 19
toyinid78:
It will be enough, but u need someone to monitor your business if you will not be available to do that, because the Barbers are horrible, they once stole all my clippers and said my shop was robbed, tue ladies hmmmm that's another story for another day
I already have a close female relative (hairdresser)who will be managing the business.just want to know if 2milliion can do the job
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by neoG(f): 3:08pm On Mar 19
All the people that left comment above me are just God's mouth piece for you. They gave you the exact truth without sugar coating anything even for free. Even if it's your twin that is going to manage this business I take God beg you. Don't venture into salon business if you don't have any experience like being a hair stylist yourself or a barber or worked for years in a big established beauty house. 'A close female relative's is the number one biggest error. Bringing family into business is as good setting up business for the family member.
Slimslimqq:
I already have a close female relative (hairdresser)who will be managing the business.just want to know if 2milliion can do the job
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by Slimslimqq: 7:05pm On Mar 20
neoG:
All the people that left comment above me are just God's mouth piece for you. They gave you the exact truth without sugar coating anything even for free. Even if it's your twin that is going to manage this business I take God beg you. Don't venture into salon business if you don't have any experience like being a hair stylist yourself or a barber or worked for years in a big established beauty house. 'A close female relative's is the number one biggest error. Bringing family into business is as good setting up business for the family member.
hmmm.. thank you very much, I guess it's a business I have always fell in love with and I always promised to open one when I have the fundz. Now that I have the funds I feel like making the dream come true.

But is it advisable starting to learn barbing with my free time while the project is ongoing
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by TimFisher2: 10:58am On Mar 21
sad

If you are scared to start. You are bound to fail!

I understand people's fear. But you won't continue lamenting because of people's dishonesty. You will not achieve anything, you will end up squandering the 2m.

I took time to read people's comments, No one gave you an alternative...this is to tell you the decline and depletive ideas of black people. No creativity! Give them 500k, they won't know what to do with it.

My friend, This is my honest advice. It is a good thing you have a passion for it, which is an added advantage.

What kills business is, if you don't have passion for it, Go for what you have passion for even if the business is an odd business. As you will develop joy doing the business.

Start up the business, and involve your cousin, since she has ideas and is knowledgeable about the business, she should be involved in the procurement of all salon equipment and accessories. Two of you can do that.

Once procurement of equipment is done. You should have a meeting with her, not only a verbal meeting, it must be a written agreement, and the meeting must centred on the blueprint of how the business is going to run.

You must also include a day-to-day briefing on the progress, successes and failures of the business. She must be giving you daily briefings. with this approach, you will be a strong pillar of the business, and you can be able to be in charge while she runs the business.

You must also employ a creative lady who will support her, let it not be your girlfriend or your sister, her job is to support your cousin, she can be able to handle the job and do all the things your cousin is doing. This method will eliminate any form of gap that will arise if your cousin should have an emergency to travel.

All other direct workers will be recruited by your cousin, she knows how many hands she needs due to the strength of the business.

Make sure that there is a chain of command. You don't have any business talking to other direct workers, if there is a need for them to talk to you, they can report to the second in command while, she reports to your cousin, who in turn your cousin reports to you. With this, there will be confidence and respect, and everyone will sit up.

If the business starts and is getting up to 6 months or one year and peradventure you notice dishonesty from your cousin due to inconsistencies and dubious means, you can easily lay her off, while her second takes over, but if not, continue with her, until the business booms which will yield more salons to be opened in future.

This is also an added advantage "Never sleep with your workers, not even your second in command"

I wish you success as you succeed!
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by Slimslimqq: 12:38pm On Mar 21
TimFisher2:
sad

If you are scared to start. You are bound to fail!

I understand people's fear. But you won't continue lamenting because of people's dishonesty. You will not achieve anything, you will end up squandering the 2m.

I took time to read people's comments, No one gave you an alternative...this is to tell you the decline and depletive ideas of black people. No creativity! Give them 500k, they won't know what to do with it.

My friend, This is my honest advice. It is a good thing you have a passion for it, which is an added advantage.

What kills business is, if you don't have passion for it, Go for what you have passion for even if the business is an odd business. As you will develop joy doing the business.

Start up the business, and involve your cousin, since she has ideas and is knowledgeable about the business, she should be involved in the procurement of all salon equipment and accessories. Two of you can do that.

Once procurement of equipment is done. You should have a meeting with her, not only a verbal meeting, it must be a written agreement, and the meeting must centred on the blueprint of how the business is going to run.

You must also include a day-to-day briefing on the progress, successes and failures of the business. She must be giving you daily briefings. with this approach, you will be a strong pillar of the business, and you can be able to be in charge while she runs the business.

You must also employ a creative lady who will support her, let it not be your girlfriend or your sister, her job is to support your cousin, she can be able to handle the job and do all the things your cousin is doing. This method will eliminate any form of gap that will arise if your cousin should have an emergency to travel.

All other direct workers will be recruited by your cousin, she knows how many hands she needs due to the strength of the business.

Make sure that there is a chain of command. You don't have any business talking to other direct workers, if there is a need for them to talk to you, they can report to the second in command while, she reports to your cousin, who in turn your cousin reports to you. With this, there will be confidence and respect, and everyone will sit up.

If the business starts and is getting up to 6 months or one year and peradventure you notice dishonesty from your cousin due to inconsistencies and dubious means, you can easily lay her off, while her second takes over, but if not, continue with her, until the business booms which will yield more salons to be opened in future.

This is also an added advantage "Never sleep with your workers, not even your second in command"

I wish you success as you succeed!
thank you so much sir. This is eye apt, I will write these piece out, study and put to use. Thank you again!
Re: Can 2m Start A Standard Unisex Salon by neoG(f): 3:03pm On Mar 21
If you have free time for about 3 to 6 months go towards Lagos Island and search for all those big salons that is highly classy and expensive and see if they can employ you as an apprentice/errand guy so that you can use the opportunity to gain every experience you need for your own salon biz. I know your funds is not upto the millions they used to set up such kind of saloons but there is a reason why I would prefer you go there. This is because these types of saloons have alot going on like hair, nail, makeup, barbing, spa and beauty related products shop. So they have everything planned out and put in place for the business operations, process and management. You will see with your own eyes, experience and understand how to handle the business, customers and deal with hair stylists plus other staff. Because you see stylist, barbers, nail technician etc go use your eyes see shege and even run their own personal business from your own business. If you know that the first 1 year plus, you are not going to be physically present 24/7 for this business, you may have to reconsider changing your mind.
Would I advise you to go into this business now? Ehmmm... Not really. Why? Because the present Tinubu regime is not favorable and so women are looking for alternatives to save more on beauty related stuff. Women are now tilting towards DIY hair stuff with the help of YouTube. While most Men find it difficult to change their barbers once they are comfortable with the person. That's why you see a guy saying this has been with his barber for ten years.
For me, I would prefer real estate, stock etc investment this period than starting up a business in Nigeria.
Note that this is my opinion and it is not for you to act on them. Please take time and do your own research.
Slimslimqq:
hmmm.. thank you very much, I guess it's a business I have always fell in love with and I always promised to open one when I have the fundz. Now that I have the funds I feel like making the dream come true.

But is it advisable starting to learn barbing with my free time while the project is ongoing

(1) (Reply)

Marketers Are Urgently Needed / Technical Resident Auditor / Electrical Technician (ref: Code) Et 001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.