Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Verily Verily I Say Unto You. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Verily Verily I Say Unto You. (44 Views)

"Say Unto My Soul, I Am Thy Salvation." / "Say Unto My Soul, I Am Thy Salvation." / Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Verily Verily I Say Unto You. by AbundantLife05: 5:51am On Mar 17
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
Verily, Verily I Say Unto you. John 5:24-26
“I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. [25]“And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live. [26]The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son. NLT.

Words are very powerful, through the Word of God, everything that can be seen on earth was created. Hebrews 1:3-5: The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven. [4]This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names. [5]For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father. “God also said, “I will be his Father, And he will be my Son.” NLT. How powerful words are is exemplified in its role in the life of a human beings. A man can be depressed because of words spoken to him. Likewise, a man can be motivated because of the words spoken to him.

Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the words that we expose ourselves to. If there is one person that we can listen to, whose words can be trusted, it is the words of Jesus Christ. John 6:63: The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. NLT. Before anyone can surrender his or her life to Christ, such person has to hear the word of Christ which brings about repentance. Romans 10:8-17: In fact, it says, “The message is very close at hand; It is on your lips and in your heart. “And that message is the very message about faith that we preach: [9]If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [10]For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. [11]As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” [12]Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. [13]For “Everyone who calls on the name of the lord will be saved.” [14]But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? [15]And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” [16]But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, “lord, who has believed our message?” [17]So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. NLT. It is the word of God that we hear and believe that saves us from sin.

The testimony about Jesus which we hear and believe gives eternal life because only in Jesus can we have eternal life. John 5:39-40:“You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! [40]Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life. NLT. This is what Jesus reinforced in our text today that eternal life is only found in him by listening and believing in God who sent him.

On this note, if you are reading this and you are yet to receive the gift of eternal life from Jesus, I urge you to do so now by saying this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Morning Digest / You Have No Choice I / Living The Victorious Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.