Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. (426 Views)

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination / Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by foleskay(m): 6:04pm On Mar 18
Iv not been abroad but I've read about different weird culture shocks our brothers and sisters have experienced.

Those in diaspora kindly drop ur culture shocks. grin

Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by foleskay(m): 6:06pm On Mar 18
More... Very hilarious responses grin

Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by foleskay(m): 6:11pm On Mar 18
Seun front page pls
nlfp mod.oya gbemi debe
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by ebexofficial: 6:17pm On Mar 18
Abubakar made same mistake in olden days
He did not cover his cup too
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by ednut1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 18
The only one wey pain me is going for a party and celebrant no dey pay for everybody 😡😡

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by Lungdick: 6:27pm On Mar 18
😤
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by FaceTanke: 7:11pm On Mar 18
🥵
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 7:45pm On Mar 18
Culture shock? Me never step foot comot for naija oo grin

Make our abroad resident con give us gist ooo grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by lanresz(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18
Or where the oga organize team Christmas lunch and waiter asked if it is a joint bill or separate and the oga said separate.

ednut1:
The only one wey pain me is going for a party and celebrant no dey pay for everybody 😡😡
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by austine4real(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18
grin grin

Abeg who go dash me Money for international passport I want to go experience culture sucks
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by falopey: 8:03am On Mar 19
Not looking someone, be it your friend , stranger, boss, older person straight in the eyes while they’re talking to you is considered disrespectful while the opposite is the case in Nigeria. It’s disrespectful in Nigeria to stare your superior in the eye talking to you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by falopey: 8:06am On Mar 19
Not holding the door for someone coming after you is disrespectful and makes them see you as a scum

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by ghettochild(m): 8:24am On Mar 19
here in SA they call a fuel station garage... I some dey wonder Ooo.
and there motor park is called taxi rank.
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by OboOlora(f): 11:48am On Mar 19
My own culture shock was when I visited London last month.
Omo, all this new JAPA crew especially Naija MSc students and COS crew with no jobs have turned to ol0sh0
They even have apps like www.codedruns.com where they pick them from

na wa o
Re: Nigerians Abroad! Share The Culture Shocks You've Experienced. by Sweetvie: 10:54pm On Mar 19
You invited me to your party, but i still had to pay for my food. Like seriously undecided
Na so una dey do for here

(1) (Reply)

Hurricane Season Is Here / Miss World Contestant, A Critic Of Chinese Religious Policy Barred From Entering / Spinter Cert.confirmation Of Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.