Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Is Akwa Ibom (the Nigerian Silicon Valley) A Safe Place For SIWES/IT? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Akwa Ibom (the Nigerian Silicon Valley) A Safe Place For SIWES/IT? (91 Views)

SIWES/IT Related / Could Lagos, Nigeria Be The Next Silicon Valley? - American Media / Why Are Nigerians Under-represented In Silicon Valley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Akwa Ibom (the Nigerian Silicon Valley) A Safe Place For SIWES/IT? by VICJERBETS(m): 6:30pm On Mar 18
Good day fams. Hope y'all are doing great?

I've been seeing online and in the news more frequently about Akwa Ibom being the "Nigerian Silicon Valley", as more devs are running away from Lagos and Abuja, because of its high cost of living, mental stress, etc, to Akwa Ibom.

I'm a computer science student and I'm currently looking for a place to do my SIWES/IT for the next six months. And honestly I'd wish it to be Lagos and Abuja since this is where the "big" tech firms are. However I think I've had to reconsider because of housing, as I was thinking of HiiT in Ikeja, but the lowest price for self con I saw was #500k.

So I'd love if you are in Akwa Ibom to please share your view of the place and also list any firm you can refer to for doing SIWES/IT for the next 6 months as a computer science student.

Thanks 🙏.

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Full Stack Developer Available For Web Application Projects / Top CI CD Tools For Devops / Windows Installer Not Correctly Install /safe Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.