Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers (21819 Views)

SERAP Sues Govs, Wike Over "Failure To Account For Missing ₦‎40T LG Allocation" / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho / President Condé Of Guinea Lobbies Buhari For Tinubu In Daura Ahead Of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by bluecircle470: 10:50pm On Mar 18
paramakina202:
Thief if they give you such power what about other ministers?

Since you don’t know the meaning of FCT minister
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by prophetfire: 11:02pm On Mar 18
BondRiv:
FCT deserves its own security vote and reasonable allocation not intertwined with that of the FG.
FCT security votes is under the purview of Tinubu.
Woke doesn't know that he isn't a governor. Elected governor. He's serving asa minister that reports to Tinubu.
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Elibaba1: 11:35pm On Mar 18
This guy wants to do his small government in Abuja (Like a Governor for a third term) He doesn’t see him self as a minister but a third term Governor of Abuja. After succeeding in making some people perm sec he now wants power to spend security votes. Lol
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Elibaba1: 11:38pm On Mar 18
bluecircle470:

No matter how you coy it . An FCT minister is a minister like any other ministry. He is not elected so he must report to the president.
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Elibaba1: 11:42pm On Mar 18
samdaisi:

Please I don't understand your argument here, president rules Abuja; minister of FCT rules over Abuja and he is the governor that control all the parastatals and the council chairmen while president oversee the affairs of the nation.
Note.No minister on earth can control the council chairmen in Nigeria,the gazette of FCT is like a state on it own, that is why some ingnorant set of people claimed that they won 2023 general election because of Abuja election results. But do they claim about winning election through ministry?

All this write up is for an ‘appointee’ that could be sacked on a morning the president doesn’t feel right about him?
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by HRMK: 12:23am On Mar 19
THE GOVERNORS SIMPLY CHOP THE MONEY AND CLEAN MOUTH!THEY RATHER BLAME THE PRESIDENCY FOR SECURITY BREACH!!
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Jayokey: 2:33am On Mar 19
Power, power all the time. You will learn in a very bad way that power belongs only to God
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by rafcrown(m): 4:53am On Mar 19
Politicians in Nigeria and more money/power.
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Diligence: 6:09am On Mar 19
Wike that was making noise that it's not by force to be friends with Senator Ireti Kingibe!

Now he wants power from who in particular? Lawmakers?

Wike is simply stupid!
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by wirinet(m): 6:53am On Mar 19
id4sho:
President rules Abuja, Mr minister better calm down. Do not overshine your master
Exactly. Who is the chief security officer of Abuja, and who should be spending security votes of Abuja?

1 Like

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by wirinet(m): 6:55am On Mar 19
bluecircle470:

How is FCT minister different from any other minister? A minister is simply an appointee of the president and serves at the discretion of the president.

1 Like

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by casppyjay: 7:38am On Mar 19
politicoNG:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/678611-just-in-give-me-power-to-spend-security-votes-like-governors-wike-lobbies-lawmakers.html?fbclid=IwAR2p_V7mOYMmS8ZDYhgdu8sVZwfHxENA0nX1PJT3eK_ISL1EkbgAPzmMpGQ
“As a governor, my director of SSS can meet me and say ‘We need to carry out an operation this night’. We need N30 million to carry out that operation. I don’t need to meet the accountant, all I need to say is ‘go and take money there,” Mr Wike told the lawmakers..

The real cancer in governance!!!

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by telleyway: 9:02am On Mar 19
paramakina202:
Thief if they give you such power what about other ministers?

This is an eye opener for fct residents to clamour for their governor and not this yeye drunkard of a minister.
No minister should not have security vote.
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by paramakina202: 9:15am On Mar 19
telleyway:

This is an eye opener for fct residents to clamour for their governor and not this yeye drunkard of a minister.
No minister should not have security vote.

Exactly.. It is better FCT residents starts to elect their governor than to have a political appointee like Wike imposed on them.
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by CrossRhodes: 11:06am On Mar 19
BondRiv:

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute don't mention me or I will put you in your place.
Here comes the online warrior..,..
Shoot your shot
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by CrossRhodes: 11:07am On Mar 19
Dalohad:

Fools like BondRiv you mean. grin
He knows
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Qoko: 9:32pm On Mar 19
Security votes you spent as a governor not enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms Fayemi’s Election, Dismisses Eleka, Pdp’s Appeal / Falana: El-Rufai Declaring Ayuba Wabba, NLC Chairman Wanted Is Laughable / Tinubu Holds Meeting Traditional Islamic Leaders In Kastina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.