Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

How Loan Apps Ruined My Life - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Loan Apps Ruined My Life (1306 Views)

How Loan Company Scattered My Friend's Birthday Party / How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / Top 11 Quick Loan Apps In Nigeria For Individuals And Business Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Davidbiggestfan: 12:13am On Mar 19
Hello

I will try to make this short and straight to the point. I will not respond to DMs, and I am not soliciting for funds. I am only bringing this up here because I want people to learn from my situation. Also, I take this as a therapeutic measure that will help me heal since I am ashamed to speak to people physically about this.

So, I graduated in 2017 and got a job. Everything was going well until after COVID, when I took out a loan to start a business that never materialized. I lost my job too, as the company I was with ran into bankruptcy. I didn't know what to do, and at that point, I was miserable. I remember using a loan app for the first time in 2021. I signed up, and I was surprised to be credited in less than thirty minutes. I didn't know the recovery method used by these loan sharks (majorly defamation) until my due date when they started threatening that they will call my contacts and tell them that I am a criminal. I was crestfallen. I was panicky, and I started to look for alternatives immediately. I called mostly my former colleagues, and no one was willing to help because they were struggling financially too. I remember one of the agents suggesting that I take out a loan from another loan shark to prevent the impending embarrassment. Earlier, I had borrowed N23,000 to pay back N41,000 in 14 days. With the new app, I borrowed N27,000 to repay N36,000 in 7 days. I was desperate, so I borrowed the N27,000 and looked for another app to complete the repayment amount for the first loan I took out.

That was the beginning of a dark web in my life that consumed my youth. I was jobless, but I was borrowing to prevent an embarrassment. I never spent any of these funds on myself. Everything I ever made since 2021 has gone into high interest rates of these loan sharks. All the clothes I have today, I bought them before COVID. I have lost a lot of friends because they tag me a beggar because I was always in need of financial help. When the pressure gets too much, I even go as far as begging my juniors way back in school. They have now tagged me "a casted guy" and nobody takes me seriously anymore. I hear gossips that I do drugs but it's far from the truth. I contemplated suicide last year but I said God will help me. I am presently owing 9 different apps with a ridiculous amount running into a million.

I have become a slave to loan sharks and because my reputation is at stake, I have succumbed to their whims and caprices. I hope that one day, I will be set free. My reason for creating this thread is to warn users to avoid loan sharks. They will ruin your life. No matter how difficult your situation is, always avoid their offer. They snatched my beautiful youth from me. God will judge them. I will repay and never borrow again. I know

3 Likes

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Negroid001(m): 2:17am On Mar 19
I don jam them before. I created a thread for it sef. I borrowed 7k. They sent me 3k and asked me to pay 5500 within a week. I did the proper, before the 1 week complete, cleared all my contacts and messages, denied the app access to my info. Come see as them dey beg me after threatening and couldn't access my phone. I told the agent to send his personal account details and i searched him up on Facebook, i threatened him too. When i had enough fun, i sent back the exact 3k they lent me no interest.

4 Likes

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Foreverly02: 3:03am On Mar 19
I hate any loan app

1 Like

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Foreverly02: 3:04am On Mar 19
Negroid001:
I don jam them before. I created a thread for it sef. I borrowed 7k. They sent me 3k and asked me to pay 5500 within a week. I did the proper, before the 1 week complete, cleared all my contacts and messages, denied the app access to my info. Come see as them dey beg me after threatening and couldn't access my phone. I told the agent to send his personal account details and i searched him up on Facebook, i threatened him too. When i had enough fun, i sent back the exact 3k they lent me no interest.
That's how to treat them๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Aboks(m): 3:14am On Mar 19
Loan apps na wahala
very soon they will send imsi messages to u
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by MaziObinnaokija: 4:28am On Mar 19
cool Sell yourself and pay ur debt angry angry..
.There's no diff between gambling and going up/down for loan..

Whatever u do,dnt commit SUICIDE cos your spirit/soul nor go rest cool .PAY YOUR DEBT sad

Some of u dey happy cos FG banned loan ๐Ÿฆˆ
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Rolings: 4:49am On Mar 19
MaziObinnaokija:
cool Sell yourself and pay ur debt angry angry..
.There's no diff between gambling and going up/down for loan..

Whatever u do,dnt commit SUICIDE cos your spirit/soul nor go rest cool .PAY YOUR DEBT sad

Some of u dey happy cos FG banned loan ๐Ÿฆˆ

Loan Sharks App Agent spotted.

Loan apps don't do all that threatening and blackmail
Its LOAN SHARKS that do that.

Them wan kill me until I got WISE and called their bluff. They broadcast. Then nothing else. Thats the worst they can do.

Since they insist on fleecing poor Nigerians with exhorbitant interest ..... All in the name of doing business..... They should face it when people don't pay back. They can broadcast and tag anybody but they too have realized that... Most Nigerians no get shame

8 Likes

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Soliddust3030: 7:25am On Mar 19
Op was in your exact same problem. Call their bluff. Your friends and contacts already they call you casted guy na, so the highest loan sharks can do is broadcast you to them and after a while them go stop. In the mean time work on yourself, when you have enough money pay them back their capital.

1 Like

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by ruggedtimi(m): 7:27am On Mar 19
Negroid001:

no cast this format

2 Likes

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Negroid001(m): 8:52am On Mar 19
ruggedtimi:
no cast this format

Lol. Bro, na here i see the update o.
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Feldie: 9:05am On Mar 19
Davidbiggestfan:
Hello

I will try to make this short and straight to the point. I will not respond to DMs, and I am not soliciting for funds. I am only bringing this up here because I want people to learn from my situation. Also, I take this as a therapeutic measure that will help me heal since I am ashamed to speak to people physically about this.

So, I graduated in 2017 and got a job. Everything was going well until after COVID, when I took out a loan to start a business that never materialized. I lost my job too, as the company I was with ran into bankruptcy. I didn't know what to do, and at that point, I was miserable. I remember using a loan app for the first time in 2021. I signed up, and I was surprised to be credited in less than thirty minutes. I didn't know the recovery method used by these loan sharks (majorly defamation) until my due date when they started threatening that they will call my contacts and tell them that I am a criminal. I was crestfallen. I was panicky, and I started to look for alternatives immediately. I called mostly my former colleagues, and no one was willing to help because they were struggling financially too. I remember one of the agents suggesting that I take out a loan from another loan shark to prevent the impending embarrassment. Earlier, I had borrowed N23,000 to pay back N41,000 in 14 days. With the new app, I borrowed N27,000 to repay N36,000 in 7 days. I was desperate, so I borrowed the N27,000 and looked for another app to complete the repayment amount for the first loan I took out.

That was the beginning of a dark web in my life that consumed my youth. I was jobless, but I was borrowing to prevent an embarrassment. I never spent any of these funds on myself. Everything I ever made since 2021 has gone into high interest rates of these loan sharks. All the clothes I have today, I bought them before COVID. I have lost a lot of friends because they tag me a beggar because I was always in need of financial help. When the pressure gets too much, I even go as far as begging my juniors way back in school. They have now tagged me "a casted guy" and nobody takes me seriously anymore. I hear gossips that I do drugs but it's far from the truth. I contemplated suicide last year but I said God will help me. I am presently owing 9 different apps with a ridiculous amount running into a million.

I have become a slave to loan sharks and because my reputation is at stake, I have succumbed to their whims and caprices. I hope that one day, I will be set free. My reason for creating this thread is to warn users to avoid loan sharks. They will ruin your life. No matter how difficult your situation is, always avoid their offer. They snatched my beautiful youth from me. God will judge them. I will repay and never borrow again. I know
delete the apps and move on. They are operating illegally anyway and federal government is looking for them. You already said people have tagged you a beggar and casted guy already so you absolutely have nothing to fear anymore the worst thing they can do is call people from contact and tell them you are owing debt. What you need to do is delete the apps, change your phone number and start doing anything you can to make money even if it's menial jobs

2 Likes

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Feldie: 9:08am On Mar 19
Soliddust3030:
Op was in your exact same problem. Call their bluff. Your friends and contacts already they call you casted guy na, so the highest loan sharks can do is broadcast you to them and after a while them go stop. In the mean time work on yourself, when you have enough money pay them back their capital.
no, he should never pay them back. They are operating illegally anyway so they have to accept their loss. The guy needs to move on
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by jamesversion: 11:41am On Mar 19
Davidbiggestfan:
Hello

Just a simple question, you don't have any property of value you could sell to repay debts and live a free life.

I know someone whose business ran into shambles and he sold just one property and raised tens of millions to sort himself out.

What about your family, no dad or mum or brother or sister who can help?
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by fox97(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19
Me way d owe about 9 to 10 loans apps I think, since more than 1 year now, na Dem tire give up, u cast u cast, next time be smart wen applying 4 such loans and how to handle them, no go kill urself untop dat, na u go loose oo
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by fox97(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19
Abeg anybody sabi easybuy loan, dem dey tempt me oo

Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Feldie: 2:30pm On Mar 19
jamesversion:

Just a simple question, you don't have any property of value you could sell to repay debts and live a free life.

I know someone whose business ran into shambles and he sold just one property and raised tens of millions to sort himself out.

What about your family, no dad or mum or brother or sister who can help?
stop advising him to sell things. He doesn't even have a problem at all. He just needs to delete the app or possibly factory reset his phone, throw away that Sim and buy a new one and all his problems are solved. The loan shark people are thieves and and criminals who are all wanted by the police so he has nothing to fear. They can only call his friends and tell him he's a debtor but he said his friends already regard him as a finished person so nothing to lose anymore
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by CJStarz: 5:01pm On Mar 19
Fairmoney don dey fall my hands o
With their outrageous interest rates,habaa
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by pdabiri: 8:28pm On Mar 19
This is my advise to you, please suck it all up. Let them defame you if they have to, be ready for the embarrassment that's the worst that can happen. Your family and friends would be contacted , let them know you got yourself into it and will surely get out of it. STOP ROBBING OFF PETTER TO PAY PAUL ANYMORE, you will only keep drowning . Have it at the back of your mind that you owe them and you must surely pay back, be ready for a new beginning. Start job hunting , be optimistic. Whenever you are contacted by any of the loan sharks , tell them you have no means ATM and that you will come up with a payment plan once you do.

You will only be the talk of the town within your family for a week but the bright side is that PEOPLE WILL MOVE ON... You have only been postponing your embarrassment day but it's better you face it NOW and be a MAN. For every ACTION there's a CONSEQUENCE!
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by Soliddust3030: 1:56pm On Mar 20
Feldie:
no, he should never pay them back. They are operating illegally anyway so they have to accept their loss. The guy needs to move on
You are right. He just have to move on. Those guys have damaged a lot lives with their schemes. Lcredit still call me regularly to come take loan after damaging my image and almost ruining my family. I paid those people more than 500k in interest.
Re: How Loan Apps Ruined My Life by PayEscrow: 3:35pm On Mar 20
When you calibrate your mindset and realize that debt is not a crime, your trouble will end. Legally, nobody can send you to prison because of debt.
Besides, the richest people are owing one debt or the other, even the country itself dey owe.

(1) (Reply)

5000 Dollars @ N900. Is This A Good Rate? / Street Bank - Aftermath Of Me Winning 25b Naira / Crude Oil: Seller Mandateship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.