Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,028 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? (1917 Views)

Easter And Christmas, Which Do You Think Is Greater??? / How Significant Is Good Friday? / Easter And Christmas: Which Is The Most Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Wadosky(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2006
Am really confused here.The birth of christ or the death anyway i believe christ was sent to earth so he can reconcile man with God.Both are significant.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by queen2(f): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2006
yes thats it, you've answered the qwestion.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by flower(f): 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2006
Yes, he wouldn't be able to die if he weren't born and we wouldn't be born again if he was never crucified. They both are important. grin
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Akolawole(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2006
The death is most important.

Ressurection.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by flower(f): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2006
But how is there death without there first being life?
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by otokx(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2006
Easter cos he arose from the grave to make the difference.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by jayvinnie(m): 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2006
Easter is more Significiant
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by goodguy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2006
otokx:

Easter because he arose from the grave to make the difference.

But he had to be born first. I say both are significant.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2006
Easter. Wasn't that obvious?
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by kimba(m): 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2006
anyone who tries to rip Easter and Christmas apart is bidding for the wrath of God on his head.

How could one even think that one is more important than the other. Both events are significant, important, individually unique, and one wont have meaning without the other.

Jesus was born pure and holy, through a holy vessel in the person of Mother Mary. He died a unique death to fulfill a certain unique purpose and awoke from death in a unique way.

If anyone says he/she puts a dividing line between Easter and Christmas, my conclusion is that such person is not a Christian.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by goodguy(m): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2006
kimba:

one wont have meaning without the other.

My point exactly.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Badman888(m): 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2006
They are both significant
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by christyne(f): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2006
They are both significant
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by babymine(f): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2006
They are both significant but the Easter Celebration means more to me. smiley
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Idekeson(m): 3:42am On Mar 14, 2006
Christmas. New clothes and a lot of masquerades on display. grin grin grin
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2006
Easter
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by reniks(f): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2006
They are of equal significance.He was born to die for our sins,and he couldn't die if he hadn't been born.His birth is as important as his death,he was born to die,and he died to give us a reason to live n be born again.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by TYPOP(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2006
Can they bury you if you were not born? The birth was perfected in His death. You cannot and should not Separate them
What God has joined together, let no man put asunder kiss
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2006
christmas of course
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Badman888(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2006
Rhodalyn:

christmas of course

because you get more food and presents
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by TYPOP(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2006
See, the purpose of xmas is not the food, drinks and presents. It's about God's love for us which He demonstrated by sending Jesus down here. It's left to us if we went to accept this great gift of love or not. I have.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by Badman888(m): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2006
of course its not food. Its for God both easter and christmas thats why they are both significant
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by dtwsola(m): 6:32am On Jul 03, 2007
I'm going with Christmas because Father Christmas is way cooler than the Easter bunny.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by vooks: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
Both are totally irrelevant and man-made
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by btoks: 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
vooks:
Both are totally irrelevant and man-made
this is taking things for granted. Without the memorials of xmas and easter it would have been almost impossible to keep Christianity alive all these centuries. The holy spirit guided the church to do it likewise the scriptures.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by kevoh(m): 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
Christmas jor! There's christmas bonus at work and it ushers in another bonus- 13th month grin . And then there's Salah bonus! tongue No Easter Bonus sad

#Team.Abrahamic.Religious.Holidays tongue
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by vooks: 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
Which scriptures?
btoks:

this is taking things for granted. Without the memorials of xmas and easter it would have been almost impossible to keep Christianity alive all these centuries. The holy spirit guided the church to do it likewise the scriptures.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by btoks: 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
vooks:

Which scriptures?
Holy spirit inspired men to write books that ended up being OT and NT.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by vooks: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
What scriptures from Genesis to Revelation tell you to celebrate Christmas or Easter?
These are late traditions and Christianity was doing fine by itself before the inventions came in
btoks:
Holy spirit inspired men to write books that ended up being OT and NT.
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by btoks: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
vooks:

What scriptures from Genesis to Revelation tell you to celebrate Christmas or Easter?
These are late traditions and Christianity was doing fine by itself before the inventions came in
now I see you didn't understand my original comment. the holy spirit guided the church.(pillar and foundation of truth) just like he guided the authors of the bible books.
The church is able to bind and loose as per Jesus.
The Jews celebrated the passover feast, easter is the fulfilment of the passover.
my question to you is,how do know that we should believe in the writings from Genesis to Rev? Also you do realise that the scriptures were written decades after the event?
Re: Easter, Christmas: Which Is More Significant? by vooks: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
You want me to take you through why ONLY 66 books make the canon?
The OT was already codified by the time of Christ and even Jesus alluded to this.
The NT. The last book was done in 95-6 AD

Now, the idea that Holy Spirit revealed stuff to latter day believers which was hidden from the Primitive/Early church is catholic-esque. They have no qualms believing that Mary was Assumed even in absence of that from the NT. are you Catholic?

btoks:
now I see you didn't understand my original comment. the holy spirit guided the church.(pillar and foundation of truth) just like he guided the authors of the bible books.
The church is able to bind and loose as per Jesus.
The Jews celebrated the passover feast, easter is the fulfilment of the passover.
my question to you is,how do know that we should believe in the writings from Genesis to Rev? Also you do realise that the scriptures were written decades after the event?

(1) (Reply)

Do Christian Need To Curse To Defend Jesus Death And Ressuration? / Jesus, The Law And The Death Penalty / D World Ending On 12/12/2012.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.