Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas (17925 Views)

Tinubu Wins Ondo, Ogun States, Sweeps All Local Government Areas / Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas / FG Considers Lockdown Of 18 Local Government Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Osidazz19: 9:53pm On Mar 19
chopnaira:

Even In Hongkong and Dubai. Na Ibo get all th market 😂

Same thing in New York. YINMU
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by chopnaira: 9:54pm On Mar 19
Osidazz19:

Same thing in New York. YINMU
They also discovered America. Goan verify. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Osidazz19: 9:55pm On Mar 19
chopnaira:

They also discovered America. Goan verify. cheesy

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:58pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:
Especially Ekiti and Ogun

Those states are barren

Since Ekiti sold their votes on credit na there I curse them

And we promised you by 2027 we won't still vote for your useless obi, na only Igbo go vote that criminal

Ekiti that export agricultural crops, cocoa among others is what you call barren? Ogun state has the highest human capitals in Nigeria, you join them in your useless derogatory expression all because they don't believe in your peter obi you cursed for 8yrs

As you cursed Ekiti and Ogun, your family will get the cursed in million folds

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by yomi531(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:
Especially Ekiti and Ogun

Those states are barren

Are u talking about Ogun state ? U funny o. Ever heard of Agbara , Igbesa and the likes? Most of the biscuits, drinks and stuff u consume are made there. Companies yapa for that axis like maddd

6 Likes

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Puss360(f): 10:02pm On Mar 19
ISellBeer:

My questions in creating new state are;
Do we create new state based on land mass?
Do we create new state based on population?
Do we create new state based on IGR?
Do we create new state based on man know man MKM?

Please I need to be educated on this.
Thanks
A- Although all states can't be equal, at least the size difference shouldn't be much, so in terms of comparative advantage, a state shouldn't use it's landmass as an excuse...
For example, Lagos state is the smallest state, while Niger state is the biggest but food items/agricultural produce are cheaper in Niger state... Had it been Lagos has a very large landmass it can accommodate Farming as a source of igr and the people will benefit "Directly" in terms of food, coz what is consumed is cultivated there ..
In other words, lagosians are at a disadvantage compared to those in Niger state in terms of Agriculture..

B- No need creating because of population... What if in future the population reduces, will the state be divided?

C- No need, those that generated the IGR should benefit from it... No need creating or dividing an existing state ...

D- Lol.... We practice Democracy not Oligarchy...
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:02pm On Mar 19
Realtruth2023:

Even GDP is not a realistic measure. What really are the drivers of GDP in Nigeria? It is oil and gas which is less than 15% of the economy. SA has gdp lower than Nigeria but in terms of income per capita Nigeria no reach SA.

Whos talking nigeria vs sa?

Stop dis rubbish

Besides, the 36 states are not supposed to be fighting ...thatz the peak of insanity.

All of them are not developed

They are all in a state of economic emergency

Run recklessly by political parties that depend on human sacrifice as we speak

mrvitalis thinks he is the one to determine whos valuable and whos not.

well,if i buy garri 4 the same inflated price 2moro,then let the occultic meetings across the world be disturbed.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Benwems(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19
the following aren't meant to be states:
SE
Ebony
SS
Nil
SW
ekiti, osun, ondo
NC
Kwara, etc
NW
kebbi, jigawa, zamfara, etc
NE
Borno, Yob3, etc
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Yelight(m): 10:06pm On Mar 19
christejames:
Like Kebbi? shocked

Where the govt eats with the poor instead of thinking of how to alleviate them from that situation?

It is intentional because if the people are free from poverty nobody will do them ranka dede tomorrow. Make them very poor today so that with #1k during election they will vote for you again

1 Like

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Chicagograduate(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19
ppogba:

Instead of the time you are spending analysing why Lagos is this or that, will it not make sense if you spend half the time analysing the root cause of why and how the same Lagos became the London of your people who squeeze themselves as attachment in luxury buses standing all rhe way for a ten hours journey?

Physician, heal thy self.
No be the same state your people dey shout say 'Ebin pawa!Does Lagos have a special status?

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Mccullum: 10:09pm On Mar 19
cadmanspize:
E be like say they don dey scheme to merge lagos to yoruba state. This gospel is suspicious!

Sorry for you, Lagos is already one of the South Western states, a geopolitical zone that belongs to Yoruba people.

That's an history.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by festacman(m): 10:15pm On Mar 19
justmondris:

Are you kidding me? Do you know how much each state governor is being paid and how much it costs monthly to run the office of the governor?

That governors are shortsighted and lazy doesn't make states non-viable economically. In the hands of sincere persons with vision and ideas, every state in Nigeria will become competitively viable.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by sparko1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:

Na you and Igbo people go argue that one

My own na Rivers IGR is bigger than all south west states combined

Don’t tell me about Lagos na Igbo people get Lagos IGR

Which river, your village river?

1 Like

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by sparko1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 19
Benwems:
the following aren't meant to be states:
SE
Ebony
SS
Nil
SW
ekiti, osun, ondo
NC
Kwara, etc
NW
kebbi, jigawa, zamfara, etc
NE
Borno, Yob3, etc

Lol, going by IGR, Imo, Abia, Enugu are below Ondo, as a matter of fact there's no SE state in top 10.

There are no states for NC above Ondo apart from Kwara, Kwara is hardly NC

Apart from Kaduna and Kano, no northern state above Ondo.

All this JSS 2 children, go and do your homework oh!

1 Like

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by 43Ronin: 10:30pm On Mar 19
One would have thought the acclaimed Democrat and fighter for democracy would have repealed and instituted a new constitution. But no, he wants to also loot from this one
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Hawkler: 10:39pm On Mar 19
jetwonder:
grin grin grin grin
Kaduna and Kogi are down below
Kaduna? Then you cheated to scale through primary and secondary school then Tertiary if you pass Waec or Neco.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by campbelljosh(m): 10:44pm On Mar 19
Which Ogun state? Ogun state dey generate money na thieves too much
Arobaga:
Especially Ekiti and Ogun I would have added Oyo state but na Fulani get Oyo

Those states are barren

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Banbanna(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19
Especially merging Ogun State with Lagos. Their boundaries is not quite clearly defined. Both of their workforces resides and work in either States.
I'd like to see that happen at least for the benefit of me seeing the Ogun State part of the Lagos/Benin express road that's always perennially bad being well constructed for once
Puss360:
I agree... Most states are too small and some are just too large.. no proper geographical survey...
Niger state is bigger than South East states......
And Lagos is just too small as a state...
Some state needs merging
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by campbelljosh(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19
Abeg tell am o. Ogun state get money die
Depriest2020:

Ogun state IGR is bigger than the 5 state IGR of south east Nigeria.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by onuman: 10:46pm On Mar 19
The states were proliferated in the old northern region to channell most of the oil revenues from the Niger delta region to the old northern region.
Problem is that most people, especially in the south of Nigeria, do not understand that land mass or population figure is not used as criterion to proliferate too many new federating units in an area with large landmass or population for a country formed by different regions.
Three regions - east, west and north formed Nigeria in 1960.

For fairness, there should have been equal number of states in the three regions that formed Nigeria in 1960.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by GoodSpirit: 10:48pm On Mar 19
Puss360:
I agree... Most states are too small and some are just too large.. no proper geographical survey...
Niger state is bigger than South East states......
And Lagos is just too small as a state...
Some state needs merging

It's not about landmass but viability of the state. Landmass isn't the issue because most of the states with big landmass has little to nothing as internal generated revenue.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by enemyofprogress: 10:50pm On Mar 19
Chimarto:

Syria is bigger than Israel.
What about Judah, Egypt, SA, Lebanon? My brother some time size no matter na wisdom matter.... Don't be big for nothing
size matters o. Women no dey like make the thing too small. E no dey sweet them. They always like it big.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by temielects(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19
Depriest2020:

brother learn the to give Silence as response to f++ls that's what they deserve
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by TrackerSK: 10:58pm On Mar 19
Depriest2020:

IGR from skull mining
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by wiseoneking: 11:04pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:

Those states are barren

Remove Ogun from that list. Lagos impact on Ogun had it escaped from the list
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by wiseoneking: 11:05pm On Mar 19
Depriest2020:

they have come again with this matter
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Atlantis585: 11:08pm On Mar 19
ibechris:

Abstract iGR.

Why is Ogun state the worst in terms of road in Nigeria?

Think about this...with the IGR u guys have the serious number of out of school children in Nigeria,the worst in the whole of the southern region.

Ouch!

Serious uppercut! grin
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by smartemperor042: 11:10pm On Mar 19
Stupid and foolish comparisons!

Empty brain.

Once they talk of Biafra now, u start urinating on your boxers, yet you hate them!

chopnaira:

Especially Enugu and Ebonyi. Even Anambra sef. The remaining 30% of Anambra land free from erosion damage should be added back to Enugu as it was in the days of Eastern region.

You are correct...remove Ogun, Ekiti, and Lagos, SW IGR is still greater than the whole SE IGR. The whole SE should normally be maybe one or two state since they are unproductive and rely mostly on allocations from Federal Government.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by JustYourself: 11:16pm On Mar 19
Sleekfingers:

States like Ekiti , jigawa , ebonyi , yobe , kebbi , bayelsa , gombe
But Ebonyi state is bigger than some countries in europe besides Ebonyi state is known for rice production and several quarry or mining sites and large deposit of limestone in the state, what's Ekiti state and other states you mentioned known for.
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by cyrusmillz: 11:23pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:

Those states are barren

I can't argue about Ekiti, but Ogun is the third richest state in Nigeria
Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by Exousiang01: 11:24pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:

Those states are barren

You said Ogun and Oyo are barren.....

Can we look at the state's with the top 10 IGR in the country please.....

This one will say he is youth and he is better than the old people in government.

1 Like

Re: Alibaba: Some States Should Have Been Local Government Areas by FaceTanke: 11:26pm On Mar 19
Arobaga:

Those states are barren

E no go better for u

Useless cultist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hope Rises For Ambode As Buhari, Govs Resolve Rift / Only 135 Of 12,000 Borno State Workers Turnout To Welcome New Governor / 20% Pay Rise: Police Officers Unhappy, Indifferent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.